Live-action Movieverse Toys Appreciation Thread! EXPLOSIONS!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Zigholtul, Sep 29, 2012.

1. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    In all honesty, I'm not sure I've ever seen a debate about them outside these boards.

• Like Like x 1
  2. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobotist

Ebay:
    Some RotF leader class Optimus and Starscream love:

PicsArt_11-19-09.54.08__01__01.jpg

This one is with the Studio Series toys (older pic):

Screenshot_20201119-223023.jpg

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 29
  3. Smokie

Smokie Well-Known Member

yea i’ve never seen anyone that isn’t a transformers fan care.

4. SuperRock7

SuperRock7 Out of money and ideas

News Credits:
    Currently stuck between a rock and a hard place
    Ehhhhh nah. I might be the small majority that really doesn’t care about Devon making an appearance or not.

5. Revoticus

Revoticus Big Combaticon fan

I got my second Bumblebee (it's a KO)
    IMG_20201120_185316.jpg
    And now all of my movie Decepticons feel a chill in their spine
    IMG_20201120_185601.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 17
  6. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  7. loof

loof Pretty Well-Known Member

Howdy folks, I'm starting a new comic in the funnies featuring everyone's favourite crap-covered Battle Blades Optimus.
    [​IMG]
    Check it out, or don't.

• Like Like x 9
  8. Smokie

Smokie Well-Known Member

ACAC8C2E-926C-4707-AA15-AB2AD459A033.jpeg

• Like Like x 32
  9. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    No I reacquired him earlier this year and was disappointed. The figure wasn't nearly as good as I remembered it to be, since we have much better alternatives now. The details aren't good, and he's way too small to go with anything current. Some close-up shots might look OK where you can't really tell but then you see the soft details and the fact that he still has that battle mask that wasn't ever even used in the movie (except maybe one quick shot?). The little turret he comes with is cool and weapon storage in alt mode is impressive but his chest also doesn't stay together that well and the proportions aren't right. But who knows? You might still have fun with him, he just doesn't compare with the SS.
    Hindsight indeed! I would have done a lot of things differently in the lead up to 2020 had I known all the shit that was gonna happen. And yeah, the neck isn't great, but to me it's worth it for the massively upgraded sculpt and paint on the head. The thicker neck does help my BA Prime and I wouldn't say no to a thicker neck for this one too but for now I'm happy enough.
    Actually, I don't really wanna keep this debate going, but for most casual moviegoers that's "the racist transformers movie" and I'm not kidding that's literally all they know or remember about it, even people who have never seen it.
    I've been to that beach in Iceland. Reynisfjara aka black sand beach. It's where we did our engagement photo shoot, and I also did this shoot with Optimus if anyone remembers it:

IMG_1891 copy.jpg

• Like Like x 25
  10. loof

I must not have been around for that, congratulations!

• Like Like x 4
  11. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight AKA: King Scarlet Bosphormemeus Hyrule

News Credits:
    I remember that. It was a fantastic photo. Please take Challenger on every trip. :D  Congratulations on getting engaged!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Ask not why, rather ask why not?

News Credits:
    I’m just not a Christmas person. I’m sick of all this holly jolly crap, it’s all so shallow and corporate. Coupled with my seasonal depression and general cynicalism, it’s just... not for me. Of course I can’t ever tell anyone that, saying your not a Christmas person is like admitting to eating babies.

Thread tax: With SS being delayed for more G1, what figures are you guys looking to get to round out your collection before the next wave starts? I still need Jetfire and Sentinel Prime.

13. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    I'm pretty much done for the year with movie stuff, except if OS Firage is released before the end of the year, plus the DNA kits I've got ordered. But thankfully I can give my wallet a break!

• Like Like x 1
  14. CamaroBee

CamaroBee Sector 8, formerly 7

I still need to pick up Topspin, Skipjack, and Overload.

Id like to pick up Off-road Bee at some point too.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Deluxe Ironhide was a bit of a grail for me for a long while. A perfect fit for the ~1/60 scale I had going:
    [​IMG]
    But by the time I finally got him, I was also getting into Studio Series, which skews a bit larger...
    [​IMG]

This ain't too bad, especially if you remember how bad scale used to be (Generations Thunderwing, anyone?).
    [​IMG]

I really hate transforming the figure, though, but the gun drone is pretty cool.
    [​IMG]
    Like, I should probably sell him off now that I got the SS figure, but I kinda want to keep the drone. Even if it isn't really compatible with the Voyager...
    [​IMG]

I'm mostly caught up with SS, and I really do appreciate that there's not that much I'm interested in the near future, though I'll probably pick up some stuff from older lines.

• Like Like x 13
  16. meisterman

meisterman Well-Known Member

My MPM Starscream is supposedly arriving today! Very pleasant surprise to wake up to, and I can’t wait to finally see this bad boy in person.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Thanks guys! We've been engaged for a year and a half now with no wedding plans. It was supposed to happen this year but WHELP stuff happened this year so we're still figuring it out. COVID has messed up a few weddings of people I personally know this year so we sort of don't want to chance it.

I love bringing Challenger on trips, although these days (with both having upgraded heads) my BA Prime competes for the top spot when it comes to most photogenic figure I own. When we finally, FINALLY get to travel out of the state again at some point next year I promise I'll bring one or both of them!
    It's sad actually but I don't have anything coming up that I'm super excited about. I am looking forward to UT Galvatron but that is supposed to be out this year and we haven't even seen in-package images yet, so I'm thinking I'll get my hands on that in early 2021 instead. I get almost everything SS as it comes out, but I did manage to get my hands on a well priced KSI Sentry finally, which will be neat since I had SS Stinger for less than a month in 2018 before I sold him. I also have Trumpeter Bumblebee (the model kit) and the OSKO MPM Ironhide coming soon but I'm not super duper hyped for them.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Pillowman7

Pillowman7 Elite Hoshidan Warrior

Speaking of SS86 what do you guys think of the inclusion of the 86 movie in the SS line? Love it? Hate it? Somewhere in the middle?

19. loof

Some of them look great, some of them look like poo poo.

How many are great and how many are poo poo varies based on who you ask.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Pillowman7

Pillowman7 Elite Hoshidan Warrior

In my opinion Kup's proportions are a little weird Jazz and Blurr look fine although I'd only pick up Jazz. Hot Rod looks meh while Scourge looks pretty good, and Grimlock looks great. The biggest issue I have with the SS86 line is in the SS Devastator designer interview the designer said that Hasbro likes to add diversity to the waves so I really think they shouldn't have made the entire first wave of 2021 figures 86 characters.

• Like Like x 2