Live-action Movieverse Toys Appreciation Thread! EXPLOSIONS!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Zigholtul, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Artistodave

Artistodave Well-Known Member

YouTube:
    What i meant was about Bee's toy representation of the movie bee face, up until Human Alliance, Bee's face was more round and friendly; but Battle blades introduced the concept of mean angry bee face, which looked a lot more like Jack Skellington rather than the bee from the movie.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  2. SuperRock7

SuperRock7 Gone for some milk

News Credits:
    Yeah, I don’t know why they took bees headsculpt into that direction. But if you thought battle blades was bad, just wait till you see DoTMs.
    upload_2020-10-27_22-47-9.jpeg
    And I thought he was a good guy.

• Like Like x 13
  3. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 What to type here?

News Credits:
    Oh! Yeah I can see what you mean. I think it’s because of the smaller eyes and more slanted “brows” of BBBB that make him look more aggressive. HA is almost childish with his rounder face and larger eyes. I didn’t quote it, but “Murderbee” looks like someone’s edgy custom. All he’s missing is gratuitous red paint ‘blood’ and a severed head to hold.

I think it helps that the wreckers were sorta stylized so it never came across as too human, I think the problem with Que’s face is the attempt to create a mustache looked more like teeth. While a lot of the post DoTM designs are just a metal human face, which often contrasted sharply with the movieverse designs of the bodies.

• Like Like x 2
  4. RevengeOfTheFallenIsGood

RevengeOfTheFallenIsGood Ironman? Sounds like a domestic product to me.

WAIT THAT WAS A MUSTACHE?!
    :eek: 

5. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    I’m fine with my TLK Drift, Crosshairs, Bumblebee and Hound figures. I would definitely like to see the toy designers take another crack at Galvatron. Deluxe Stinger gets a lot of hate on this website, but I think it was a well executed toy and it makes me want another Galvatron figure even more.

• Like Like x 7
  6. Prime135

Prime135 Jill Rhyme the science Prime

News Credits:
    Wait.. why does stinger get hate? I love that thing, one of my all time favorite movie figures.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Bakuformer00

Bakuformer00 Autobot Servant

Indeed.... Stinger is one of my favorite SS figures and my first anticipated one back in 2018 when Studio Series started. Especially with that complicated transformation and that lovely look of that Pagani.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Mixmastah

Mixmastah Scientist

News Credits:
    Fresh from Threezero! DLX scale TLK bumblebee! According to their Facebook page, Premium TLK Megatron is slated for December/January and Jetpower prime news coming December 20! F3DF3B5E-1690-423B-A931-1298CF60BB7B.jpeg

• Like Like x 11
  9. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    Excellent news. Always glad to add more to my Starscream collection, which just got a boost with my MPM-10 purchase. Interested in these new Starscream and seeker figures. Hope they turn out great

Bee’s head on Skipjack is comedic gold. Same with smol Prime head on Megatron lol

Aw, the quote sounds better in the movie though :/

I know it’s blasphemous, but I like the look of Earthrise Cliffjumper more than the SS one and am tempted to get that as my Knightverse Cliffjumper. The SS version looks strange with his neck region, but that’s cosmetic. What worries me more are the issues of him not tabbing together. Idk, I’m just hesitant to spend $22 on the SS when it sounds decent at best and mediocre at worst.

Unless people here can convince me that he’s worth it...

P a i n

Pics for future reference? Don’t have mine with me, and won’t for quite a few months, and I’m a visual learner. Would be great to actually get mine to tab in, even though the figure holds together fine without it tabbing

I like SS Stinger too. Transformation is neat (though I don’t do it often) and robot mode looks cool. Just wish the weapon was better.

Ooo nice. DLX scale is perfect, so I might go for this finally. Don’t have room for the premium scale versions. He’ll go well with DLX Knightverse Bee

• Like Like x 3
  10. Kotori Sonoda

Kotori Sonoda Mihono Bourbon's hero

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, SS Cliffy just isn't... fun to handle, because of all the clear plastic. He feels like a grenade haha. The chest halves especially are tight and was so scary to move for transformation the first time. I was actually worried I'd break this guy on my first transformation.
    I love Studio series to bits but Cliffjumper is getting to the bottom of the barrel for me.
    That said I'm still happy I got him to fill out the Autobot SS ranks.

• Like Like x 3
  11. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  12. Dconworshipper

Dconworshipper decepticon

as shit as tlk was,it's a shame we did not get a sequel with unicron as the villain.

would have loved to see how a bayverse unicron would look like. imagine a titan class bayverse unicron figure!

well atleast it could not be worse than the prime verse unicron figure.

• Like Like x 9
  13. Optimistic Prime

Optimistic Prime Nothing special about me

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I'd get Earthrise Cliffjumper if I were you. The only good thing about SS Cliffjumper is his sleek and stylish vehicle mode. I know that we're getting a BB Cybertronian Bumblebee figure which is going to be a repaint of Cliffjumper. I'm already disappointed. It'd be fantastic if they made another new mold but they won't do that.

Earthrise Cliffjumper is great. Only issue is that he may look weird with the rest of your collection.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Dconworshipper

Dconworshipper decepticon

yeah it would have been better if the listed tf6 bee was his classic camaro look from the end of the movie. his robot design is different enough compared to the bayverse classic design to warant another classic bee.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Wars

Wars I Ate The WHOLE Plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ooh yes, definitely interested in this! The regular 3A stuff is too big for my liking, but the deluxe 8" stuff is right up my alley

I hope they do an Optimus from the first three films at this scale. That'd be aces

• Like Like x 3
  16. Geketend

Geketend New Member

Instagram:
    I don't interact nearly as much as I'd like with these threads please excuse me for that.
    On the other hand I just finished another custom today! I cannot begin to tell you how much I hated this Megatron when I unboxed him, ugly paint, wonky feet, spaghetti knees, rubber chain etc. But after a immensly fun and teaching experience I might just think that this is my finest work yet!

IMG_20201028_124956.jpg

• Like Like x 33
  17. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    Pre-ordered that KO MPM 10. I'll give it a shot. I love MPM10 now, and this looks to fix the few things I didn't like.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Revoticus

Revoticus Big Combaticon fan

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 27
  19. Arduous

Arduous Megatron Rules All TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    18BFBE48-F739-4E50-AD26-A982FC6DBAF2.jpeg

• Like Like x 24
  20. xd Accrocate

xd Accrocate Tell Megatron, 'Let's tango'

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    just realized that we're probably getting the full g1 dinobot team before the aoe dinobot team in studio series, the main movie toyline
    life just hit you with the truth sometime

• Like Like x 8