Live-action Movieverse Toys Appreciation Thread! EXPLOSIONS!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Zigholtul, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Shady boi

Shady boi Face Taking Enthusiast

Ebay:
    Or hasbro needs to STOP MAKING CLEAR PLASTIC DOORS !

• Like Like x 8
  2. CamaroBee

CamaroBee Sector 8, formerly 7

That really sucks, I’m sorry you got a bad copy! Hopefully the next one will be good.

I’d also be sure you don’t have a TLK Optimus in your collection, because that could have something to do with it.
    B259D28F-A2E0-49D2-A230-F4046FCA487C.jpeg

• Like Like x 21
  3. AutobotMirage

AutobotMirage Wrecker

News Credits:
    I would prefer if they did all figures like they did SS Roadbuster, where the clear plastic use for the windshield is a separate piece from all the other pieces. Really hate this constant use of clear plastic

• Like Like x 12
  4. Hoptimus

Hoptimus How I roll.

News Credits:
    MPM-scale ROTF Autobots.

IMG_20201020_224446385_1.jpg
    Bee of course isn't right; Jolt is the Deluxe but seems to look OK; and the Twins are their Tuner repaints (couldn't find the originals from storage).

• Like Like x 22
  5. Artistodave

Artistodave Well-Known Member

YouTube:
    In their defense they did the same thing with Charlie and all small characters, so it wouldn't be a first

• Like Like x 3
  6. RevengeOfTheFallenIsGood

RevengeOfTheFallenIsGood Ironman? Sounds like a domestic product to me.

The clear plastic door tabs don’t even work on mine and since there isn’t much clearance when transforming him, it broke into 2 pieces, but yeah they need to stop

7. R3M1NGT0N

R3M1NGT0N Well-Known Member

image.jpg
    finally got Balckout out of the box and am running into a few issues. For starters his cockpit is misaligned, which was expected. However his waist assembly doesn’t want to lock in and pushing it makes it seem like it’s about to break. Any tips.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Fc203

Fc203 #RestoreTheBayVerse

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Ugh that happened to me with tlk bee

• Like Like x 2
  9. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

the exception to this should be the dinobots. People LOVE Dinobots!

• Like Like x 2
  10. RevengeOfTheFallenIsGood

RevengeOfTheFallenIsGood Ironman? Sounds like a domestic product to me.

It’s sooo annoying but now I got what I wished for... battle damaged bumblebee

• Like Like x 1
  11. Optitron98

Optitron98 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    PREACH. Either use frames or just fucking paint the windows. Clear plastic does ALMOST nothing for alt modes

• Like Like x 3
  12. Kotori Sonoda

Kotori Sonoda Record-Breaking Black Assassin

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:

Damn I'm sorry about your copy!
    I've been exceedingly careful with mine and so far he has endured multiple transformations. That said clear plastic windows really does suck.

• Like Like x 4
  13. BluJayWarrior

BluJayWarrior Collector Wannabe

News Credits:
    Starscream came in this morning, so I finally get to break out my new Seeker team!

IMG_7995_edt_rsz.jpg
    IMG_8000_edt_rsz.jpg

It was worth waiting to open all three at once. Right off the bat, I love all three of them already. Spent most of today playing around with them, but I'll need more time to get used to these figures. Thundercracker is currently my favorite bot mode. The Nitro Zeus mold is great and Thundercracker wears it well. Plus he's blue, my favorite color. Starscream has almost too many joints in his arms and looks amazing overall. Haven't gotten used to handling his weird proportions just yet. Blitzwing is impressively accurate has great articulation and accessories, and the glossy red really makes him pop. However, the chest is really annoying, even knowing about it ahead of time. Also my copy has a rather loose right hip.

IMG_8017_edt_rsz.jpg

Starscream is easily my favorite jet mode. Recognizable, accurate, and beautifully painted. Features fully retractable landing gear and decently sleek undercarriage. The transformation is so easy and fun.
    Thundercracker is a very close second for jet mode. His jet is HUGE and looks cool. And he's blue. The lightning deco is very fitting, and the "INTAKE" print is a clever way to incorporate the undercarriage kibble. Still a lot of kibble though, but it looks decent thanks to the smooth surfaces. Transformation is clever but a bit of a pain, and his nosecone keeps popping out.
    Blitzwing's jet is okay. Personally I don't care that it isn't an F4 Phantom. Looks enough like a jet but it's rather kibbly and the gray paint is straight ugly. At least the transformation is pretty smooth and I like how the gun integrates into the underside.

These three jetformers are great and I hope HasTak makes more SS jets in the future.

IMG_8009_edt_rsz.jpg
    I should probably look into getting flight stands now.

• Like Like x 24
  14. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    That’s a bummer, was looking forward to the swappable option. But I like the face mask so whatever.

Also, can’t remember if you or lonewolf said this before, but can you confirm what color scheme Grindor is? Is it the same white/black/gold scheme as the 2009 voyager, or is it different?

Clunker Bee didn’t have a masked face though, did he?

Harder sell for me now too, but I’ll probably still get it. I like the bumper and rim changes on the ROTF Camaro, and SS49 is one of my favorite molds so I don’t mind a second copy. Plus, I want Sam. I’ll probably keep one of them in car mode and the other in robot mode. Because I’m a sucker :lol  :redface2: 

I actually just ordered this guy too, on eBay. Can’t wait to get it, I missed this figure so much. It’s easily one of the best figures from the entire 2007 toyline. Hope my copy is good. Glad yours is better than your Armorhide

This is another reason why I want the ROTF version: transform one, leave the other alone lol. But yeah, they need to stop with the clear plastic in sensitive/frequent handling areas. It’s annoying

• Like Like x 2
  15. Lockon Prime

Lockon Prime You Eyeballing My Piece Fitty Cent?

This thing is huge 20201019_011904.jpg
    If memory serves that DOTM Prime is as big as their 07 Prime and if so, I think the scale would work based on this... f766ee198618367a7e0d4af723738bd4b21ce5cf.jpg
    20201021_024938.jpg
    Sooo you're told that people don't like that in this thread, and your reaction is to call it out o_O ?? Real mature bro

• Like Like x 15
  16. erwinsims

erwinsims Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  17. PlasticResinHeroes

PlasticResinHeroes Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Come here, boy!
    3A DOTM Starscream | JADA 2016 Chevy Camaro
    9D4D3919-D4A1-434B-AC44-74CE4611FF8A.jpeg

Behind the scenes
    B8F2D414-C28B-4EE0-9289-B518D7CD59C7.png

• Like Like x 41
  18. Revoticus

Revoticus Big Combaticon fan

19. Wars

Wars I Ate The WHOLE Plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Does BMB Prime have many major changes compared to the original MPM figure, or is it mostly just the shoulder pads? And how tall is he?

I'm pretty happy with my LT02 for my MPM collection, but I'm kind of tempted to get the BMB figure just to have. Love a good movie Optimus figure, I do

God I love your photos so much

• Like Like x 8
  20. erwinsims

erwinsims Well-Known Member

he is 31 cm's tall or 12 inch if you dont use the metric system. his truckmode is slightly to long at 1:27 scale (vs 1:29 for MPM cars)
    I have BMB, BA and Leader Prime if you want comparisons, I already sold the Mpm Prime (1:35 scale) and as long as I dont sell BMB, I can compare anything for you.

And he is gorgeous, if he were an inch shorter he would be my main Prime, I know he has the LT paintjob and the shoulderpads are way better. I dont know if he has more improvements but he has way more stuff with him, 2 swords, 2 hooks, 2 guns and not to mention additional tires for a improved robotmode

• Like Like x 3