Live-action Movieverse Toys Appreciation Thread! EXPLOSIONS!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Zigholtul, Sep 29, 2012.

1. erwinsims

erwinsims Well-Known Member

I started one, but there are no pictures yet.. the tread is here.
    Mpm scale Optimus prime from leader

I believe we can see some real progress somewhere around next week

• Like Like x 1
  2. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Sausage puns are the wurst

News Credits:
    That's what I thought! :D  Nice to see you here buddy.

IMG_20200711_111355.jpg IMG_20200711_111416.jpg IMG_20200711_111405.jpg

• Like Like x 16
  3. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Leader of the Scarlet empire

News Credits:
    When they do a SS AOE Optimus he better be amazing.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Likes Alpha Bravo

That's how I got my TLK Megatron. Saw him at Fry's Electronics all alone and unwanted, sitting there for over a year, eventually I took pity on him and took him back with me. He's very happy in his new home now.

This guy would make an awesome movie style G1 Hound. Jeep Bumble would make a better one, but maybe this could be his modern NEST upgrade.

• Like Like x 8
  5. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Hah! Yeah I ask these guys a million questions in DMs before I buy anything, especially when it's $45 just for a freaking head. Anyway, I'm having trouble figuring out the neck but here's what the DMS head looks like on the body:

IMG_3799.jpg IMG_3801.jpg

• Like Like x 32
  6. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is there a face-flipping gimmick like on the original MPM head, or do you have to swap out the face for another one?

Either way, that looks amazing. Shame he can't transform with it attached though

7. Gora02streak

Gora02streak Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Much better now! Proportions are now waay more movie accurate!

8. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    The mask pegs onto the face. It looks good from some angles but it's not really painted aside from silver spray so it feels like it lacks detail comparatively. Fortunately I can fix that easily. Plus I like the unmasked face better actually.

IMG_3802.jpg IMG_3803.jpg
    The price is transformation :(  I really wish BA had reworked the head proportions and transformation since he did so much other stuff that wasn't even necessary.

• Like Like x 16
  9. CamaroBee

CamaroBee Well-Known Member

I recently dug out my TLK War Hammer Bumblebee to update the paint I had added a few years ago. I had used silver for the all the gray sections on the figure, which I just replaced with various gunmetals to make it more accurate.

This mold is one that I don't feel like I got enough time to really appreciate - I never found the standard release of TLK Bee at retail (until well over a year later at Ross), so I waited and got the MTB War Hammer version of the mold, which included the hammer, remolded the plasma cannon so that it fits on the right arm, and is done in a more accurate orangish yellow (seriously, the pictures don't do it much justice but this figure completely nails the Bumblebee yellow we see on screen. Why this shade of yellow hasn't been used again is beyond me). By the time I actually got War Hammer Bee, Studio Series had started and I already had SS-01, which I would say is an improvement on this mold.

After spending some more time with this mold recently, though, I really enjoy it! The leg transformation is great, the backpack folds up really nicely (very much like the MPM), and he looks great in both modes. The TLK Camaro was a little over the top, but it's still really cool looking and it's recreated incredibly well with this figure.

I would say the things that bug me the most about the figure are the very wide chest (something movie Bumblebees have had up until recently, with the MPM, SS-49, and to a lesser extent SS-01 being the exceptions) and the very thin arms (which SS-49 also fixes). I know the QC on the standard release was pretty iffy, but with the MTB version the only issue I've had is that the right hand will pop off sometimes.

Anyway, I just wanted to talk a little bit about this figure after handling it again to update the paint. here's some pics!
    TLK Bee 1.jpg
    TLK Bee 2.jpg TLK Bee Alt 1.jpg
    TLK Bee Alt 3.jpg (Looking at these a little closer I can see there's some sections I'm definitely going to have to clean up xD)

• Like Like x 24
  10. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 The best there is...

Is this mold really that bad? I really hope they give us a new SS version with the correct scale but I've always wondered if it's as truly bad as some were saying

11. Fishsticks

Fishsticks Well-Known Member

you guys are getting figures that aren’t heli-Dropkick?

(I joke, found Jet Shatter recently, but there’s a store near me that still has like 5 of SS22)...

... and once I get car Dropkick I might buy another copter to cut up for detachable copter kibble like this

• Like Like x 2
  12. CamaroBee

CamaroBee Well-Known Member

It's actually pretty good. Like I said, the SS Camaro Bees are better IMO, but this one is still good. The key issue people have with it is QC where parts would fall off. The only part that likes to fall off of mine is the right hand, but it's not that frequent. I wouldn't mind a new SS version with SS-49's engineering though!
    You guys are getting figures that aren't Crowbar? xD

The Kroger near me actually still has like 4 Crowbars, a heli-Dropkick, and. . . Scrapper. Kinda weird to see figures from the first and most recent waves on shelves together!

• Like Like x 2
  13. NemesisJazz

NemesisJazz Well-Known Member

Just got this guy...and yes he is a ko and mistransformed on purpose. 20200714_175423_HDR~2.jpg 20200714_184957~2.jpg

• Like Like x 25
  14. Lockon Prime

Lockon Prime I'm Optimus, I make Prime examples of mini-Tonkas

I wouldn't say that Screamer fucked him up since they weren't in an actual fight. Bee was simply trying to shield the humans and got his leg blown off, so I wouldn't call that a loss.

With that in mind, he couldn't really do any fighting when he was shooting Brawl cause you know.. missing leg and all lol.

As far as the Bee movie Bee, I personally don't see him as the same Bee from the first 5 movies. He was much less experienced and younger version of the Bee from the first 6 movies. And not because the movie was set before the first 6, but because while he's similar to original Bee, I think he's meant to be different Bee altogether.
    This is really dope!!
    Damn, as good as the head looks, I couldn't imagine paying $45 for it!!
    Man, he looks really good!! Now I wanna paint mine up lol.

• Like Like x 3
  15. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    I really wish SS49 had taken the roof/windshield transformation from this guy, then it would have been perfect. I was blown away the first time I transformed his backpack with how neatly it tucked away.

• Like Like x 4
  16. SuperRock7

SuperRock7 Out of money and ideas

News Credits:
    Currently stuck between a rock and a hard place
    Hey guys, who’s the best MPM Optimus KO in your opinion?
    (Black Mamba, LT02 or Black Apple?)

17. wboender

wboender Impatient Overspender

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    LT02 for fixing the original mold, BMB for OS/fixing the original/slight modifications, BA for heavy modifications/better scale with other MPM, detriment is that it might be too complicated to transform due to how much the designer added. for me it’s BA because the robot mode is borderline perfection

• Like Like x 2
  18. NotMarluxiaXI

NotMarluxiaXI Well-Known Member

Unfortunately the copter kibble isn't detachable, so my custom can't transform. I removed car-Dropkicks backpack (which is alot harder than you would think), cut up a bar behind his head where said backpack was attached, ripped heli-kick to pieces save for the back and then glued everything together.

19. Lockon Prime

Lockon Prime I'm Optimus, I make Prime examples of mini-Tonkas

Haha. Man I swear, it took about a good 8 months for him to get cleared out gettin the shelves.

20. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi I only accept apologies in cash

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Jokes on you. I never got Dropkick in my country. You can’t shelfwarm if you never get on a shelf :cool: 

There were a ton of WWII Bees and Hot Rods though.

• Like Like x 1