Live-action Movieverse Toys Appreciation Thread! EXPLOSIONS!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Zigholtul, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Nemesis Baser

Nemesis Baser Rei III is so my mood

News Credits:
    Didn't someone say that Studio Series would end in 2021?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Scott8797

Scott8797 Well-Known Member

3. lonewolf96

lonewolf96 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No i said SS was greenlight until at least 2021

• Like Like x 11
  4. stephenotes88

stephenotes88 Well-Known Member

Is anyone else slightly annoyed that the shoulders on ss 07 Megs don't lock in very well and are prone to bending outwards when pushing the arm down? This is an issue if the shoulders are pretty tight.
    20191228_202350.jpg
    There's a little nub on the shoulder that's supposed to keep it in place and it works on the right arm,
    20191228_202502.jpg
    but the left shoulder one is warped so it doesn't stay in place.
    20191228_202442.jpg
    I got a replacement from amazon and on the new copy, both nubs are there but they're useless and don't lock the shoulders in at all??? Anyone else notice this??

• Like Like x 1
  5. Caminus Prime

Caminus Prime Banned

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    9 days until MPM Ratchet's revealed
    61KEGxRhcpL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Like Like x 16
  6. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi 18 :)

News Credits:
    Cannot wait to get both! I kinda regret skipping on SS-32 TBH. If only he were still around. He's gone from every toy store I see :( 

LMAO @ Bonecrusher

Most likely fake.

How I know? Dino's on the list :( 

• Like Like x 2
  7. lonewolf96

lonewolf96 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There there dino may happen before we are old and grey but yeah the list is absolutely BS

• Like Like x 4
  8. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    Mine doesn’t do that. But the shoulders aren’t super tight, they’re well toleranced. Sorry yours has issues. Can’t remember if there’s screws exposed on the back, but maybe see if you can loosen the shoulders a little? Maybe that’d resolve it and keep them locked in place

• Like Like x 3
  9. ObakaChanTachi

News Credits:
    Is Strafe really so small he'd only get a Voyager rather than a Leader?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dr Danco

Dr Danco Well-Known Member

Now try to compare the vehicle mode
    @erwinsims what are your thoughts about this?

Dear Hast/Tak just give us Dino and Que already :mad: 

• Like Like x 1
  11. ObakaChanTachi

News Credits:
    Que is easy to do since Hasbro already has a great template from 9 years ago while Dino..

Who you should really be asking is Ferrari. Those guys who don't wanna hand over their license for some reason are the reason we didn't get Dino in 2011 and still don't have him today :mad: 

• Like Like x 1
  12. erwinsims

erwinsims Well-Known Member

They look about right scalewise, it is the MPM Optimus trough, not the Ultimate Optimus.. Ultimate Optimus does however scale really well with the ROTF Voyager Mixmaster.
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    That said, it is a great looking figure but holy crap 600 dollar? 8x 600 or 4800 dollar is way more than I would spend on one devastator

• Like Like x 6
  13. Drohitan

Drohitan Rogue Decepticon

Strafe in the movie is freakin huge. I think it's more a case of as a voyager, he should scale about right with SS Leader Grimlock. IMO, Strafe should be a leader (and a big one at that), and Grimlock would be a titan.

@erwinsims what scale does ROTF Mixy wind up at? It seems as I've slowly ventured into collecting Studio Series I'm attmpting to do get the main group to scale 'well enough' together. Similar to your 1/39 rule but considering Carkick, Crowbar (and by default TLK Beserker as a stand in for) Crankcase and now Barricade, I'm aiming for 1/43. My math gave me Carkick @ 1/42, The Dreads @ 1/45 and Barry got 1/40. I'm also hoping Evasion Prime and Galvy fit this goal too. Was it you who was working on a Galvatron for scaling reasons or am I mistaken?

• Like Like x 1
  14. erwinsims

ROTF Mixmaster sits around 1:38/39 with some liberties. (the Mack Granite cement truck comes in 2 wheelbases, the movie truck is the long wheelbase while ROTF Mixy is the swb) that swb truck is 6.41 meters long so with the toy being 16.4 cm,he is spot on.
    altrough that makes him not accurate, the cab is the same size on both wheelbases so I see him as the perfect Mixmaster (and the reason I use his cab and wheels for my DOTM Megs custom) Mixy scales perfect with my cons. 8C7787DC-9D53-45AD-A4CE-C13EA38F6BC3.jpeg

I actually calculated Carkick in the 1:40 scale, the 2nd gen AMC Javelin is 4,872 mm while the toy is 12 cm.
    EA8D66CA-97A3-408B-A608-6C1DDE51A518.jpeg
    Barry is spot on 1:39 scale as are Stinger, AOE Lockdown and so is Evasion Prime, the Marmon is quite short for a truck but the cab and wheelbase are between 1:38.7 and 1:40 (so I make that 1:39)

The dreads are indeed 1:45 in scale.. they scale better with the OS SS05 or Battleblades Prime, Deluxe DOTM Ratchet etc since those all are in the 1:45 range, SS Ratchet is 1:48 and SS Prime is 1:51.

And yes.. I am the nut working on a proper scale Galvatron (reducing his width etc) but just like Ultimate Prime, the length is perfect, his botmode is a little to short trough, I am looking into that, the reason Galvy isn't done yet. CBA151E3-DD05-40CF-BD89-CF44CF61B1AA.jpeg 37A8C4B0-69E7-4117-8510-760B05EDFDC4.jpeg 5FEAF133-7301-4279-9FDC-066B1318D885.jpeg
    If you go for scale, please look into leader Sentinel Prime, AOE Lockdown and SS Stinger to, all of them are spot on in scale with the rest.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 11
  15. Bee Camaro

Bee Camaro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think they meant the complete Devy would be 600$.

• Like Like x 2
  16. erwinsims

Ah ok.. well, that isn't to bad then looking at the quality of the bots

• Like Like x 2
  17. Gallade

Gallade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly, there are some weird choices in this list. Like, why would we get a THIRD Nitro Zeus and two Loaders in different size classes?The guy didn’t even add Topspin in there, which I find interesting.
    We could’ve had him this year, but no, Ferrari just doesn’t wanna do it. Have they not seen the SS toys? The cars look so good and accurate to the real thing. Even the robots match up with the movie.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ObakaChanTachi

News Credits:
    The list is full of (for the lack of a better term) plotholes. To begin with:
    1. We know Hasbro is not above reusing TLK molds for SS, so why is TLK Barricade given an exception?
    2. Hasbro has to be crazy to think they can charge a Legends sized Mohawk for Deluxe-price. Sure, SS-18 and Earthrise Cliffjumper were tiny but they came with a shit ton of accessories to make up for it. What will Mohawk have?
    3. Both Skids and Mudflap come individually as hatchbacks but together as an ice cream truck. When this happened in ROTF the Twins as ice cream trucks were much smaller than when they were hatchbacks for obvious reasons. Totally against the notion of scale accuracy Hasbro's trying to achieve in SS. This should not be possible unless Hasbro's charging Deluxe price for a Legends class twice or Deluxe price for a two-Deluxe set that would normally be Voyager priced.
    4. Trax and KSI Sentry are confirmed to be the same thing. Why would Hasbro use an unofficial fan-name for a character who's already been given an official name?
    5. Strafe, a Dinobot about 57' tall according to RG gets to be a Voyager while 35ft tall Shockwave and 33ft tall Blackout get to be Leaders. Even if he turns out a large Voyager like Starscream (31') and Megatron (35') that still makes no sense at all.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Drohitan

Drohitan Rogue Decepticon

Badass.

Aah ok.

I'm going to allow artistic illusion to trick me into being forgiving with the Dreads, I can't help but like them so much. Given I'm all the way over in Aussieland and dont see many (if any) Suburbans over here. I'm sure if I saw just how huge those things are in person it would bug me more.

Thanks for the mention on Battle Blade Prime and OS05, particularily OS05. I haven't seen any comparison shots to affirm my wondering. I would like to have a scale longnose Prime in the new crew at some point.

We really do need a bigger Ratchet. I think the closest to the SS scale was the DotM Deluxe.

Do have Sentinel, vehicle mode with this bunch is great but damn is he out of whack with the rest when in bot mode.

Stinger I'll track down at some point, and am eagerly looking forward to Soundwave (although I feel I'll have to be forgiving with hin too as he appears to be on the larger side as far as group scaling goes).

Got any numbers on VW BeetleBee? I would like to add him but think he may be way bigger in vehicle mode than he should.

20. Theleochat

Theleochat Construction fan

Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    It's obviously fake. Because it is completely impossible to predict until 2022... Seriously, how could this guy have known that, he infiltrated Hasbro premises? Surely that even hasbro does not plan as much in advance the release of its figures. Even if I would be extremely happy to see these figures. Btw who is loader ?

Wow, the robot mode looks actually really good and accurate. The leg also looks excellent, I wonder how they managed to make the thread in the knee.
    But the alt mode... is a disaster. It isn't accurate at all and don't even looks good, the cab is ugly and way too small, the threads too are small and the "engine" part is too big...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2019