Live-action Movieverse Toys Appreciation Thread! EXPLOSIONS!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Zigholtul, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Trevor Belmont

Trevor Belmont Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ending A:

DSC_0094.JPG DSC_0095.JPG DSC_0096.JPG DSC_0097.JPG DSC_0098.JPG

Or ending B?:

DSC_0092.JPG DSC_0099.JPG

• Like Like x 29
  2. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A little paint made a huge difference. I painted the inside of the visor with window tint (probably the same as black in this case) and painted the bottom/edge silver.

Visor isn't all the way down in this image as it was still drying.

IMG_3579.JPG

• Like Like x 18
  3. Optimistic Prime

Optimistic Prime Active now and then

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    That actually makes a lot of sense, still a few plot holes but it's the best explanation we got!

That would've been so cool. So many things that could've happened... So much wasted potential.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Haha same! I always tell people to just get the figures they're considering, since it's so easy to sell stuff these days! I get pretty much every figure I want then just sell what I don't end up liking, so I get to experience a lot more figures and not spend a shitload of money. Some people keep EVERYTHING they buy which takes up a lot of space and also makes them more critical because they feel like every figure has to be so amazing that it deserves a spot in their permanent collection forever.
    I know, but it feels so wrong to not have Ratchet with them right now. I always think of Ratchet and Ironhide being close, then Jazz and Bee together as the little guys, and Optimus as the dad who looks over all of them. 3/5 felt like I at least had the core ones that I loved the most, but 4/5 just seems like something is missing. Reveal that MPM Ratchet Hasbro!
    I am able to get a ton of awesome poses out of him, especially in the legs. Check the review thread for my pics and also some easy tips on getting the vehicle mode to fit together more easily.
    Looks good! Might have to do that on mine as well. I rewatched the movie and did notice that the visor is very dark. Here's another shot for now from my instagram:

IMG_6776.JPG

• Like Like x 24
  5. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    I haven't even bothered taking Sam out of the package yet. Really have no interest in him in this case.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Shrapbackshell

Shrapbackshell Well-Known Member

That battle mask on the new SS bumblebee has got me thinking that they've might've done it on purpose so they can give the figure his regular head and pack him in with something else in future- in the same way that they packed TLK drift in with some dinobots and made it an exclusive

Im thinking if they wanted to pass it off as ROTF bumblebee they could do the following:

-Regular head bumblebee w/ kitchen bots + sam's back yard backdrop

Or:

-Regular head bumblebee w/ravage + egypt backdrop

Or if they just wanted to make him a Variant of the 2007 version they could:

-Give him his regular head, pack him with frenzy and the allspark and give it a sector 7 backdrop

I'd personally prefer the third one since it's probably the only way that we could get a frenzy now that 07 megatron has been shown and doesn't include him

• Like Like x 5
  7. Trevor Belmont

News Credits:
    Buying figures: I recently started thinking this way too but I'm still not used to it. Thus it takes forever before I put them on eBay

Longhaul: how do I get to your thread? Navigating this website is killing me unfortunately. Can you help me out with a link or something?
    Thank you for not bashing my opinion on Longhaul. I can get passed the alignment issues. Every second SS toy has slight alignment issues. Scrapmetal's cab is always at a very slight angle. Longhauls "truck bed" won't sit flush, Jetfire's wings won't align in jetmode and so on. So I guess it's okay

DSC_0102.JPG DSC_0103.JPG

I can't stop playing today...

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 18
  8. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku Why did I un-ironically call myself an otaku?

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Little comic I made:
    F8B30F3D-6097-49E4-AEF8-B09937A50E71.jpeg

“We are here, we are waiting.”
    C3CA32D4-0EE5-4513-AC44-D9C2DA11EAFA.jpeg

• Like Like x 31
  9. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Average Core Gundam enjoyer

News Credits:
    Just transformed my DOTM Skyhammer and play around with it.

It's quite a good figure, but there are a couple of quirks on this figure that is just odd. The biggest oddity of this figure would be the legs; The legs are a bit trickier to pose that I initially thought due to a lack of thigh swivel, high heels and the weird lower leg swivels used for the transformation. The included MechTech weapon is also weird, with the boxy, bulky body clahes aestheticly with the oddly tiny gun barrels, and the supposed "Sword" mode looks more like ROTF Megatron's crab gun claw thing than a sword (I do appreciate that you can actually lock the weapon in its "sword" mode this time around).

That said, I can say why people love this figure back in 2011. The robot mode do look good with the sleek, agile "Japanese" mecha aesthetic, the transformation while complicated is quite cool, the copter mode is pretty awesome, barely any kibble that gets in the way, and the figure is quite posable (At the upper half, at least) if you know how the joints of this figure works.

It's definitely an interesting figure among the Movieverse toy, and frankly I think this toy could blends in with some non-movieverse display. I have plans to turn this figure into my custom Whirl later on, and even than I'm glad to finally have a chance to have a look of this oddball of a figure after passing on it back in 2011.

• Like Like x 7
  10. artimus prime

artimus prime Articulation Junkie... I'm a poser

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I got her to stand on her stilettos without any support. A picture to remember this was needed.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Trevor Belmont

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Sayan Rahman

Sayan Rahman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love reading these posts almost as much as my Megatron loves to read his books
    83A0F0D2-0CE7-4E18-A963-28D18DA9AF7F.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 20
  13. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    B :]

That does look better, might try that with a black sharpie when I get it. Where did you get yours? I have a feeling BBTS won’t get them in until October or something :redface2: 

I definitely want MPM Ratchet for the sake of completion (and the entire MPM Cons cast too) but I myself might just get a select few of my favorite designs and leave it there. I originally wanted the entire MPM 07 cast AND studio series, but the latter has been so great for me, I think they suffice. Plus it takes up less space, as you mentioned. Jazz looks too good to pass, so he’ll be a stand-alone piece

I’ve always loved Bee’s battle mask, so I’m good with having that as his head. But if they were to repack it, I’d go with the Sector 7 scene because I’d rather have Frenzy than Ravage.

Have him write poetry like IDW.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I’d want Ravage to be packed in with a satellite mode Soundwave, especially since I don’t really like Bee’s rotf look much so I probably wouldn’t get a rotf Bee. And maybe they can throw Frenzy in there too!
    Sometimes waiting a while to put figures on eBay means they become even more valuable! But sometimes the opposite happens. It really depends.

Here is my review thread for long haul.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Wars

Wars I ate the WHOLE plate!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Speaking of selling robots, I've decided to sell my HFTD Sidearm Sideswipe and SS Helicopter Dropkick, a long with a bunch of stuff from other lines. Link's in the signature for anyone interested ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  16. TheDude810

TheDude810 I have an unhealthy obsession with the RotF Game

News Credits:
    Angry Birds
    image.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  17. optimusbee

optimusbee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Only in the Ravage scene if I remember correctly.

• Like Like x 1
  18. NotMarluxiaXI

NotMarluxiaXI Well-Known Member

I'm going to be honest about something, I kinda don't want repaints of the Constructicons to happen. Mainly Demolishor and Skipjack (yellow Rampage).
    On the one hand these two are needed for accuracy as Demolishor did appear in robot mode and for Devastator needs a yellow bulldozer leg.
    But looking at Scavenger and it seems like a waste to have a good looking robot mode not see the light of day after Devastator's complete, because once he's combined he's not coming apart. This is the same if they do a Skipjack because yellow looks really good on the Rampage mold. Its one of those things where personal preference is clashing with accuracy.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ROTF Bumblebee should be easy, literally the only thing that needs remolding is the chest / car front. Maybe they can even include his shoulder cannons with that version.

DOTM Bumblebee, if they want to be accurate, needa bit more remolding, mostly in the torso, and of course the changed car details.

• Like Like x 6
  20. optimusbee

optimusbee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh yes. I remember now. He deploys it as he’s getting off the table.

• Like Like x 1