Live-action Movieverse Toys Appreciation Thread! EXPLOSIONS!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Zigholtul, Sep 29, 2012.

1. LightningBlade3

LightningBlade3 Destined to be a Prime

News Credits:
    I sure hope this is the case, and I am a bit optimistic. Last week was the first time I didn't see a Scrapmetal or Rampage on the shelves in my area so I'm hoping that Long Haul will last just as long in stores as the other Constructicons.

• Like Like x 1
  2. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    I’m not trying to be rude in anyway, but that’s still not a good excuse. The handling of what is a vital piece (technically they’re all vital pieces but my point still stands) of a combiner is ridiculous. It makes zero sense that Long Haul is not only not up for pre-order on sites like BBTS, Chosen Prime, or TFSource, it’s not even up for pre-order on the darn Hasbro Pulse website.

I would be a bit more forgiving if it was another figure (like Drift), but it’s a piece of a combiner. It’s important. However, I do understand patience and I am waiting for it to hopefully show up at retail soon. But I’m not going to hold my breath, though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. lonewolf96

lonewolf96 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ill just say this you know they pulled this with scrapmetal too right ?

Shatter and Cogman were posted for pre-order but Scrap metal took awhile.

Plus the Long haul figure doesn't even release till the first week of August overseas who also get things first.

4. Sanddeath

Sanddeath Cat.... transform!!

Then how do half of the main reviewers already have it? I don't know if they got some secret prerelease or what.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fc203

Fc203 #RestoreTheBayVerse

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    It released on amazon last week

• Like Like x 2
  6. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    Sorry if this was answered, but is there any place to use Scrapmetal's spare "panel" on Hightower when combined? I'd really love it if there was somewhere other than on one of the "fingers" to put it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. lonewolf96

lonewolf96 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It released on Amazon last week but it sold out fast. I can't speak for others how they got there's but I know things arrive early all the time its just a matter of luck and the right connections. Also consider there are different rules for different companies and even Hasbro can't prevent stuff arriving and being sold early.

( not a brag ) as an example I go and see a local comic book shop owner and he got a couple of long hauls in early for me I had to pay extra but it was worth it.

Long haul will release when its released

• Like Like x 1
  8. erwinsims

erwinsims Well-Known Member

they are almost, Leadfoot is a little taller but with Jazz being small, the bots all scale quite well with the Studio series bots to be honnest.

The vehicles on the other hand are a little hard to place..it feels a little odd.
    Sometimes I look at them and think they are in scale and other days I look at them and feel like they are not.. Maybe it is because we don't "do"Nascar in the Netherlands and I can not find accurate sizes anywhere to compare the toys with but it is quite a challenge.

The Wreckers drive me crazy when it comes to scale and that issue prevents me from including them in my setup.
    (and the reason why I didn't bother to paint them up as of yet.)

6BCF63B2-D812-460D-94AF-004829DFB42C.jpeg 5DD3C77A-F0A5-4F2D-BD76-7ADD1407D2DE.jpeg
    image.jpg

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 9
  9. Bringer of Sorrow

Bringer of Sorrow Well-Known Member

Honestly I thought Leadfoot was bigger but yeah, they scale nicely.
    Regarding the vehicle modes, aren't they supposed to be modified real cars? I never looked into them other than the "Nascar fan" designs so I don't really know about them

• Like Like x 1
  10. erwinsims

Just transformerd them to botmode and Leadfoot is bigger (modded the original post)
    I tried looking into it but Nascar cars dimensions are really impossible to find, the Nascars are "based" on normal cars but have nothing to do with them at all. they basicly are driving rollcages with a big engine and some panels atatched to the rollcages to make them at least resemble the cars they are based on.. In short the Wreckers are custom versions of custom versions based on cars.. it is almost undoable to determine if they scale or don't scale with the collection.. and since I am a sucker for scale, not knowing is driving me a little mad...
    so they don't see daylight a lot altrough I really do enjoy these little fella's

• Like Like x 2
  11. Stigcrafter

Stigcrafter Flailhand McHunchback

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    100% agree with that last bit, I've been transforming him over and over again all week, it's like Peru Kill's transformation mixed with mpm Bee's

• Like Like x 2
  12. Yohan PLMIXMB

Yohan PLMIXMB Not well-Known Member

Great Purchase

• Like Like x 2
  13. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi it’s five o’clock somewhere

News Credits:
    If you prefer his look from AOE I suggest you pass on him. If not go ahead. He’s a great toy that scales and aesthetically fits perfectly with Studio Series. Just beware that he will give you a hard time posing him up due to the design of his legs.

Well Leadfoot looks a little wider than Roadbuster and Topspin and Roadbuster looks thinner and smaller than both Topspin and Leadfoot to me. You’re not wrong.

According to Red Goblin they’re 195 inches long. I think they should be 1:39, but since I don’t have them and you do why don’t you check to prove it yourself? ;) 

(I swear these guys look so good, fuck me for skipping on DOTM in 2011)

• Like Like x 2
  14. Rakuen_Nox

Rakuen_Nox Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    If it helps your headache any, here's a side by side of Roadbuster and Ratchet. You might be able to extrapolate how the other two scale from it:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  15. erwinsims

Witch one do you mean? or all of them? They will be sold non the less.

195 inch would be 4.953 meters.. with Roadbuster being 12.7 cm's.. that would be perfectly scaled 1.39.. that means they fit! darn it.. now I need to get them to the paintbooth!

Thank you guys!

(that is one stunning picture by the way!)

• Like Like x 5
  16. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  17. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm kicking myself now for not getting the smaller of the 2 KO leadfoots because that's a great group shot with studio series. I was planning to go all in on dreamfsctories other 2 wreckers but life and bills have happened

• Like Like x 1
  18. erwinsims

They are still available trough.. and they are looking nice with the other Studio Series bots.. I just started painting them and got distracted by my Ratchet Custom who had the paint cured. but I am planning on doing all three up and have them in the group of Autobots.. I need more Decepticons by the looks of things.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  20. PrimeVsPrime

PrimeVsPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube: