Live action decepticon movie

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by TheRatedRTF, Jan 17, 2020.

1. TheRatedRTF

TheRatedRTF Member

Decepticon live action movie possible?

2. LegoShokwave123

LegoShokwave123 YOU CLOD!!!

:throw 

• Like Like x 1
  3. Venixion

Venixion Evil Dust Bunny-con

News Credits:

I wish! They really deserve their time in the limelight. It irks me that they get very little in the way of merch as well.

4. Galvatross

Galvatross Go Drek, get Shrekt. Veteran

You mean like all six live action Transformers movies with Decepticons in them?

Why is this even a thread in the Non-TF movie section?

Now we have yet to see a movie with Deshrekticons! THAT would probably be a better thread topic!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

6. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This should probably be moved to the Transformers movie discussion, not the general movie discussion.

Would it be possible? Sure, I'd argue most (if not all) movie ideas are possible if executed well. I'm not sure I can see it actually happening though. In most villain movies the main characters function as anti-heroes. But the Decepticons (at least the usual cast) are straight up evil bad guys. And Transformers isn't really the type of franchise to let the bad guys win, or to glorify what they do by making an entire movie focused on them. They'd almost need to create a new group of Decepticons who could end up becoming heroes/anti-heroes in order for it to work. Otherwise it would just be Megatron and co. doing evil nasty things. But a new group would lack name recognition, which is important to the studio. It's kind of a no-win scenario, which is why I suspect it won't happen. A Decepticon-centered movie might be better suited for a comic, or something else with a lower budget that can afford to be more risky and experimental.

I've always felt like Lockdown would be a better villain to make a movie about. He's an antagonist, but he's not straight up evil...he's more grey, and could work as an anti-hero. Or a Jetfire movie...because he turns good (and has some name recognition too).

7. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

Is that not all the movies? They're all basically just as much about the Decepticons as they are about the Autobots. Which is basically zero. But, I get where you're coming from. I'd say it'd be better off as like a Megatron/Optimus movie where they're buddy cops or something, though. Detective Megatron and his partner Orion Pax go around Cybertron trying to solve who murdered Rattrap's Great Aunt.

• Like Like x 1