Little Big Planet: Official Discussion of One's and Two's

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by McBradders, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The jumps are very floaty but you do get used to it. My fiance stuggled with not overcompensating with her jumps for a while and now she's just about has it down. And remember that R1 is your friend, especially when there are things to hang off of.

If you do play my level again, during the part where skulls of fire are being flung at you, use the biggest skull on the ground as cover. It's supposed to shield you while you walk and get to the creature flinging them at you.

2. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

i played some of this at the weekend with 2 friends locally, i'd forgotton how good this game is for multiplayer mayhems!

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am always up for some Multiplayer LBP still. And I need to finish my Noir Level. Only disheartening thing is that I notice a lot of new (and crappy levels) have are always on the front page and so they get a crap load of hits. I never saw my level on the front or even near it, after I published it, and after months, I only have like 130 plays (and it's bloody Silent Hill for crying out loud). I've seen a horribly bad Silent hill level with like 5k playthroughs. So it's kinda disencouraging to finish a level, when you know no one will play it.

4. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have not had this game in my system for months I wonder if anyone else has hearted my levels. I never did finish my Transformers level either, my wife loves the paintball gun ahhh LBP great times. :D 

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My cousin was telling me that Insomniac was working on a new Play Mechanic for the game in the same way that Metal Gear did.

I know it might contradict what the game is about... but a role playing element would be nice. I noticed some guys are doing what they can to try and make little adventure games, complete with inventory and stuff. Like the new Ghost level uses Stickers as a sort of weapon, so that your little pointer becomes a weapon of sorts and when you paste a sticker the bad guys dissolve.

Also, check out some of the new Roller Coaster levels. Some of these guys are amazing. Especially the Light Show one

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  7. Trailbreaker77

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    New costumes INCOMING!!!!

Cole from Infamous

Marvel Costumes
    Ironman
    Captain America
    Wolverine

8. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  10. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Only LBP could make something so mundane as water look so awesome.

I really should do more with this game...but there's just always so many distractions ._.

11. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know what you mean. I have just as much fun playing what people make. 5$ says the Bioshock games go crazy.

12. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    FINALLY, something beyond just more costumes! I was wondering when they were actually going to introduce something play-changing again like the Paintinator...

13. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly, if they added kid-friendly swords and shields, I would be in heaven.

14. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man I got this game for my wife last Christmas and she loves it. However we haven’t gotten around to playing it in such a long time. I forget we have it lol.

15. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm pretty surprised at the PSP version.

16. Trailbreaker77

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I play this game from time to time yet my level never receive anymore hearts. I am missing the Sharing trophy on this game for my platinum sucks. :( 

17. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That does kinda piss me off. I worked my ass off on my Silent Hill level, but I never saw it on the front page, yet all these stupid (earn a free trophy) levels make front page and get all these playthroughs. Knowing that your levels might never get really seen is what turned me off to building for a while.

I do like what MM is doing for the GOTY edition. Aside from including all the add-ons (including the Metal Gear one), they are also including ten of the best user-created levels (within the disc), along with video interviews with the creators. How is that for encouraging creativity.

18. Trailbreaker77

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If I could trade in my first copy for the GOTY edition and pay less then just buying the content straight from the store I would. I would like to see them discount the content for people that paid $60 for the first game.

19. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree. I can't wait for water. I have some ideas, as I'm sure do a lot of people. I am still holding out for swords, even if they are plastic and non-threatening.

20. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Maybe we could update the first post in this topic with info on TFW made levels and such, at the very least we could play each other's levels without digging through 45+ pages of posts looking for that info.

And the GotY edition sounds incredible, if I didn't already own this I would certainly get that. Hell, even though I do own it I'm tempted to get it. :lol 

Anyone know which levels are in the top 10?