Listings for wave 1 of 2022 Studio series!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, May 2, 2021.

1. Jeddostotle7

Jeddostotle7 Well-Known "Member"

Leakers have Swoop at Voyager class, which makes sense since he was always shorter than the other Dinobots.

What they mean is, the figures aren't actually split into separate actual sublines (with different assortment numbers and different pegs and whatnot) based on what movie they're from, they're all in the same assortment. They have the movie they're from marked on the front, but whether they're from ROTF, TLK, BB, or the 86 movie, they're all still "Studio Series Deluxe" etc.

• Like Like x 5
  2. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    I'm definitely eyeing that DLX ROTF OP & possibly the Jetfire at some point to go with too. I got the original BB & OP from them years ago, but haven't seen any of their newer stuff. What about that bb Soundwave came out from them was that good? It looked kinda neat. For so many years I always wanted HOT TOYS to make Bay figures, I guess just after collecting slot of bayverse I got bored of wanting more. But I still need to finish the 07MPM line the first 10 and I'm good. I still need Jazz Starscream & Ratchet. I'll take that Blackout too thanks HasTak.. :dj 

Ahh voyager class it works. Leader would have been better didn't need to be as tall. But as long as he looks right at home I'm game. I think after SS86 & mpm07 I'm out. I been adult collecting retail for 25 years since I was 19 back during BW cgi show. That drew me back in since I was a kid, & I bought everything from BW BM MW RID & ARMADA before selling it all just after the turn of the century. Thanks for clarifying that that's why I put "if I understand you correctly" to him lol.:p 

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2021
  3. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    I don't have BB Movie Soundwave as I'm not in love with the design (the body is fine but the head needs more work) so I rather just wait for his TF7 counterpart, but I do have the DLX BB Movie Prime and Blitzwing and they're amazing. They're accurate as they can ever be, they have great articulation, super solid in the hand, and they're at a reasonable price point. I don't collect Bayverse stuff anymore but I'm sure that ROTF Prime and Jetfire will be equally as good assuming nothing is compromised with the combining gimmick.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Gee Won 1984

Gee Won 1984 My hyper-fuel may be a little too hyper

That might come next year in WFC 4, Return of the King-dom

• Like Like x 1
  5. DutyBeforeAll

DutyBeforeAll Well-Known Member

9666D3ED-D7CD-4059-AC05-64C3DFC846A2.jpeg
    Maybe just a little, half a head at most.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jeddostotle7

Jeddostotle7 Well-Known "Member"

Scalecartoon (1).png
    The scale charts (at a bit more straight-on of a viewing angle) put him at a head shorter, but yeah, still, not a lot. Just enough to get him bumped down a pricepoint from the other 4 Dinobots.

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    Youre very angry, wow.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Duskscream

Duskscream Well-Known Member

Nah screw that, Hasbro only make X amount of toys a year and G1 has had enough... Cybertron alone has a huge cast imagine how years it would take them to update them.
    If we get 5th version of X G1 character inbetween. Its time to stop.

9. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We were talking about Earth mold retools of Cybertronian/Siege molds though, so technically Gigawatt would fall into that category

10. Cosmoglide

Cosmoglide NA W4Y W3 60

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I sorta get that. of course, i got the Nonnef set which added a lot to that toy.
    Yea, i bought the Nonnef kit for those exact reasons. even if the SS86 is nice, I'll probably keep TR as my IDW Percy. All he's missing is an eyepatch. lol.

• Like Like x 1
  11. C16

C16 Space Nomad

...no? It's called "mocking".

12. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    I got it, for what it's worth.

Though the term "HE TELL ME" is much better. ;) 

13. C16

C16 Space Nomad

Oh, that's what I was going for. Guess I forgot the wording.

• Like Like x 2
  14. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    It's not just height, he's likely a simpler transformation as well. On top of that, the others have big tails or necks that take up material. Look at Sludge's giant neck that just hangs off his back in bot mode.

• Like Like x 4
  15. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I think that's the one big advantage the BB cast has over the Siege figures because it would allow the designers to be more creative and distinct with how they can envision their Cybertronian modes to be different from the Earth modes they'll get in the future. I hope the designers behind the BB figures will take that chance as opposed to playing things too safe.

Look man I'm burnt out by the constant G1 bombardment just as much as you are but there's no reason why there can't be room for both sides. Especially since the 2022 line's aiming to make many people who grew up with at least four eras happy. Hasbro's actually paying attention to the non G1 fans again so don't you think it's better to focus on getting as many non G1 figures as possible to let Hasbro know that we want more of it then to just complain and do nothing? We're given a chance to change things and I know I'm not passing up on it.

• Like Like x 2
  16. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

I'd like to share your optimism but I'm well prepared for the worst case scenario of cheap repaints with new heads with the occasional remolding for non-g1 characters.

• Like Like x 2
  17. TheTornSideswipeFan

TheTornSideswipeFan Well-Known Member

Honestly at this point I'd rather see something new, but at the same time, I really just don't want the direction to be something like what they did in the initial Bay Movies. Not the styling, but rather don't make it a point to make fun of the GEEWUN crowd by dping things like consistently bash on the VW Beetle or make Optimus into a rusted, beat up Marmon Cabover to feel like a way to say "Ha! This is all of you old school fans complaining about Optimus not being a cabover." Just focus on making a decent story that has the Bots as the focus from the get-go instead of being setpieces to move the plot along.

18. Notomus

Notomus Unofficial Pope of Devconism

News Credits:
    Yeah I've heard the same things, leaks are going to be a bit slow for the next few months.

19. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Beetle definitely came across as a jab at G1 Bumblebee (although I always thought it felt more playful than mean-spirited). But I never saw the Marmon truck as a jab at all. To me it always felt like a legitimately tasteful homage. It wasn't played for laughs or portrayed as weak or anything. Considering there very few cabover trucks from the '70s and '80s still on the road nowadays, it sort of makes sense for that vehicle to be old and rusty (remember, he probably just scanned whatever was available at the moment). I suppose a lot of fans probably wanted a shiny pristine flatnose truck like they did in Bumblebee, but I don't think not doing that makes Bay's approach a jab at G1. To me it's cool in the same way that something like the Falcon is cool.

• Like Like x 9
  20. WestcoastFanboy

WestcoastFanboy Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Please no more scale charts

• Like Like x 4