Listings for wave 1 of 2022 Studio series!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, May 2, 2021.

1. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So a line that been all Bayverse except for this year aint enough then??? Baring in mind its meant to be based on films so why shouldnt the original 86 film be in it?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Cardion

Cardion Courage and Good Cheer!

News Credits:
    When are we finally going to a BotBots movie? When are we going to see a Studio Series Quackles? It's like Hasbro doesn't even care. The suffering is real.
    Quackles.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. KibblerGrrrl

KibblerGrrrl Zealous mini-cassettes & fembots evangelist

If I were re-designing her (which I'm not), I wouldn't retool the SS Bumblebee Cliffjumper mold; I'd instead retool the Transformers: Prime RiD Vehicon engineering, maybe borrowing the Cliffjumper mold trick for swinging the wheel to the inside of the leg (or maybe for the wheels on her upper arms). Arcee would make those flares/bellbottom legs work.

I really liked that Arcee too, certainly better than the G1 Earthrise or Thr30 versions.

Last edited: May 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  4. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I don't think he's annoyed about the BB and 86 characters being in SS as he's really annoyed about how in general Hasbro's focused on G1 nowadays to the point of taking over every line thus leaving little to no variety for those who want more then just then just G1 all the time which can understandably be annoying to those who fall into the latter category even if in the case of SS86 being made to celebrate the 86 movie's 35th anniversary and how next year is a TF movie year it makes sense to do so.

That being said this year we ARE getting Beast Wars and next year's line is said to include more of BW along with characters from both Armada and Prime so it's not like we're actually lacking in the non G1 era representation.

• Like Like x 4
  5. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    I'm kind of tired of Seekers for the most part but for me this pending Starscream will have to be a new and highly improved mold entirely. Otherwise it's a waste of a Leader class slot that Dinobot Sludge should've filled IMO.

As for Junkyard.... I still wish the rumors about Junkion Detritus being a SIEGE Hound retool/repaint were true, but what re the odds of JY being a Voyager class version of him:

[​IMG]
    I have 3 that went with Generations Wreck-Gar (as his minions/troops) which I'll now keep as 4 junkion troops along with 1 Voyager class JY to be SS86's Wreck-Gar's personal ride.

....Also if Hasbro's smart and depending on how great a mold this Wreck-Gar will be, they should also make a Select's "Oil Slick" out of him to!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Animated Oil Slick was/is one of the best cycle-formers.

• Like Like x 7
  7. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    Would anyone else mind a G1 Fallen to add to the 13 Primes we've been asking for the last decade..?
    [​IMG]
    I mean for heaven's sake people! One out of these 10 or 11 SIEGE Megatron repaints/retools could've done this character justice.

True or not?

• Like Like x 4
  8. IDWDrift

IDWDrift Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    I can only assume TF6 is Bumblebee, and if so I can\'t wait. I loved Brawn\'s design, and finally a Cybertron version of Wheeljack. Soundwave is also a nice surprise. Perceptor is a must get, since the Titans Return version just wasn\'t for me. I wonder what version of Wreck-Gar Junkyard is going to be a retool of. Also, I wonder if Junkyard and Junkheap are the same person. Starscream is most likely just a slight retool of Earthrise Starscream, just with added accessories. 

9. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I get that but Cyberverse had other repesentations, not generations admittedly but prior to recent Chug offerings the bayverse stuff was everywhere plus has 20 plus waves its just now 86 has hit SS the bay fans are getting shitty and crying about over saturation of G1

10. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I didn't say it was good, just that it's technically functional according to all the reviews I've seen of him.
    I would be if he didn't cost upwards of $50-60 nowadays. You can find him a little cheaper on Taobao, but buying there can be a pain and you still have to factor in shipping.

11. Nagatem

Nagatem Sea sea sea sea sea sea sea sea seaconOooo

shame, I at least want wait swivel or openable hands for his royal pose....

“my fellow decepticons”

• Like Like x 1
  12. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would personally like a subline of the 13 gradually released over a year or two as a subline, maybe with some of them as retools of other figures. If they did do a Fallen/Megatronus I would much rather have a Dreamwave version rather than one based on Bayverse or PotP, although I wouldn't mind a RID version.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I like the TR Perceptor mold fine, I have the Legends and the Golden Lagoon versions, but I'm excited to see what they do differently/more toon accurately this time around!

• Like Like x 4
  14. CactusReporter

CactusReporter Semi-Recognizable Leaker

News Credits:
    Uhhhh chief? The price rise already happened...it has for like a few months now. It just bumped delxues from 19.99 to 22.99

• Like Like x 3
  15. tigermask44

tigermask44 Kills Cons Dead!

News Credits:
    What mold are they referring to wreckgar? Was there a new one of him coming out also?

16. Rojixus

Rojixus Celebrating 40 Years of Transformers!

You have the spectacular implosion of the Bayverse that was The Last Knight to thank for Hasbro clutching its G1 safety blanket. I know I am!

• Like Like x 1
  17. TriBlurr

TriBlurr Who am I?

News Credits:
    There's a new voyager class 86 movie wreckgar coming. He's in a wave with a generic sweep.

• Like Like x 3
  18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    There's going to be another one.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm very excited about the Pulse reveal of the next SS86 releases: these two, Gnaw, and Slag!

20. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Sure Cyberverse had some non G1 characters show up but even then it was still largely G1 based and whatever non G1 elements it had was either not used enough or if they did get a major role it doesn't last as long. Also prior to SS most of the Bay characters either had toys that didn't do them much justice if at all or not getting toys at all so in that regard they were in the same camp as the G1 crowd in that regard so was it necessary to generalize the bay fandom that way when most of them don't take their frustrations over the giant reliance of G1 that much.

It may be just me but I think maybe instead of bragging about which era deserves updates more along with dragging eras we're not fans of through the mud, we should try to support each other and help make sure we all get the characters we grew up with the best updates as possible especially when Hasbro's looking to trying to make all fans who grew up with different eras happy nowadays. I know I'm more then happy seeing all the Beast Wars love this year so I'm hoping both the Bay and Knight TF fans get the same in the future.

• Like Like x 6