Listings for wave 1 of 2022 Studio series!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, May 2, 2021.

1. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Kind of paraoxically ironic to not have Transforming figures in a line literally called Transformers though, especially when there's only one design that actually wouldn't need to transform - that being fallen - who has the whole 'double biceps' problem that I don't thin could be done without heavy use of rubberized material. The original Fallen figure had provisions for the double biceps but they locked the arms down completely.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dinocon93

Dinocon93 Dinobot Warrior

How about 86 Arcee with Bumblebee retool? ER is just not doing it for me.

3. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    i think they’ll avoid doing that due to how similar their colors turned out to be especially since they had to alter blitzwing to Starscream in that Cybertron scene. Maybez that whole thing is a bit grey. The original trailer had blitzing on Cybertron or it was Starscream and he just looked way too similar and replaced some grey with blue and changed the head to be more starscream. I think they’re going to avoid that repaint/retool due to rumors of him being in the next movie

4. Admiral Prime

Admiral Prime Broken Faucet Repairman

News Credits:
    When I first read them I thought they were for the sequel movie, but no they're actually BB movie, which is interesting after 4 years. Probably just to remind people just in time to start promoting the next movie.

I wonder if this will serve as a kick in the ass to all those 3Ps that were planning figures of them and rush to release them before the official versions.

5. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    theyre not going to that. WFC and SS86 are compliment lines. If it’s in WFC it won’t be in SS86 and if it’s in SS86 it won’t be in WFC. I get to, people arnt thrilled with arcee(I like her) but she’s accurate in both forms and they’re not going to make a new toy because folks didn’t enjoy the transformation and where stuff went especially since she was repacked in kingdom

• Like Like x 6
  6. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    I understand that, but seeing SS72 really shows how those Screamer colors pop compared to the Blitzwing paintjob.

And it's not like the Seekers aren't already known for their abundant and often similar color schemes (Skywarp/Hotlink)

I mean, never say never. But to get what people want, it'd likely be a $30 Voyager Arcee to cover the engineering costs to pull it off.

It's the Monkey's Paw Rule.

7. Dinocon93

Dinocon93 Dinobot Warrior

Were getting another G1 Starscream in Studio Series, with a repack of the ER version in Kingdom. There is no excuse unless they want to be hypocrites.

Releasing the Bumblebee version first and retooling it into 86 would by pass this fanmade law too.

8. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    The Starscream coming out in 86 is just the ER mold with new accessories that reference his coronation scene though. It's the same figure (I believe leakers have recently confirmed that the figure doesn't have any retooling), so an 86 Arcee would most likely just be the ER Arcee mold

• Like Like x 5
  9. Cosmoglide

Cosmoglide NA W4Y W3 60

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    i don't understand how people think we're going to ever get anything better than Earthrise Arcee for that robot design. In terms of articulation, ER Arcee smokes the T30 design and even though the transformation for T30 is more complicated, it's still just her robot mode hanging out under the car shell and the car shell still completely hangs off her back.

I would love for Hasbro to completely go back to the drawing board for Arcee and come up with a new design that doesn't involve her wearing her altmode on her back, but whatever that is won't be accurate to G1.

I'm also curious what people are hoping for from SS86 Perceptor besides no Titan Master head. The TR toy is really close to perfect.

• Like Like x 6
  10. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    hows that hypocritical? They’re releasing the same toy in a sublime with some extra bits(supposedly). That’s not the same thing as getting a brand new Arcee in SS86

• Like Like x 4
  11. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:

That’s pretty much what hell be and while TR preceptor is a solid toy there’s always been those folks who felt turning non-headmaster characters into headmaster taboo and hated those figures...while probably owning them haha

• Like Like x 3
  12. HAL237

HAL237 Be provocative, be organized

News Credits:
    I’m hoping that leader 86 Starscream isn’t just the ER voyager with some extra bits to pad out the price. It should at least be a retool with less visible kibble in bot mode; I don’t think the base ER figure is screen accurate enough to be released in the Studio Series line.

13. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    per leakers, it's the ER mold

• Like Like x 4
  14. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hopefully ankle rockers like the rest of the current line, better looking tank mode maybe, light piping, a snipe rifle maybe but dunno if they would as its more comic not film.

Just hope they keep the telescope zoom feature like the TR one though.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Hoping for a bit more height from the new Perceptor, a sideways pivot to the lens in robot mode so he can look to his right, and a little larger microscope mode that can do a bit of magnification. And hopefully a tank mode like G1, give him some playability with an eventual Rewind and Eject!

• Like Like x 3
  16. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    hes just as screen accurate as anyone else in studio series 86. They’re all covered in little details here and there and have liberties taken.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It's just weird a naming convention that Hasbro and Paramount have been using. The number is meant to signify it's the 6th live action movie and not that it's all in the same universe. For example, the next film is refered to as TF7 even though it has nothing to do with the Bayverse.

18. HAL237

HAL237 Be provocative, be organized

News Credits:
    Not really. The 86 line has a lot of sculpted lines and detail not seen on the animation models, but proportionally and visually they’re extremely true to their onscreen counterparts. Overall I’d say they have very little deviations from the source material.

ER Starscream on the other hand, while it’s definitely G1 Screamer, takes huge liberties in terms of proportions and character design cues, such as the oversized torso, huge tail fins on the ankles and the cone hanging off the back.

However unlikely, I’d just like to see a retool of the existing voyager to clean up some of the kibble; a copy/paste reissue with some added accessories would feel pretty lazy, IMO.

19. theEmpressive

theEmpressive Til all are One!

The leader Starscream is definitely going to be Earthrise. If you look at the back of the figure, it has 2 rectangular holes on its shoulders that are not used for anything, I\'ve been speculating for a while that is where the cape will plug in, I\'m almost certain.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    Youre kinda splitting hairs here. SS86 is taking taking liberties too. Kup, blurr grimlock and scourge are all fine examples of taking liberties with the character models and that’s why I say Starscream is no different really

• Like Like x 6