Listings for new 2024 store exclusives and more.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Jan 18, 2024.

1. Praxus

Praxus Photographer and CHUG Enthusiast

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Can’t wait for flame.

2. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now maybe if they'd done Soundblaster a different deco for Starscream like say Robotmasters Black deco or even the Actionmaster or g2 deco and the Shockwave had been a shade of purple the'd not done yet or been galactic man colours.. then maybe I might have had a small interest.
    As it stand they are the easiest of easiest hard pass, literally not worth the house room.

Anoyingly there are a bunch of Cybertron moulds that are hard to get or suffered from horrible discolouration that I would welcome a reissue off for that reason (like Hotrod or Arcee) these are beyod superflous and even frivilous and bordering on insulting for even existiing at all as they can't really easily justify their existance.. they are the sort of thing that should get cancelled before being made as no one ordered it to be honest.

3. Grun Gast

Grun Gast Well-Known Member

Wouldn't exactly be a "Decepticon Commanders Pack", though, would it? I think that's what is irking some people, especially those who saw the leaked listing and decided to take the chance it would be more appealing than the Nemesis Bridge set.

I think there were some people who thought (hoped?) that this set would be a Hasbro version of that same set (maybe Earthrise Megatron, Netflix Soundwave and Siege Shockwave, omitting the throne). I could swear that when people were spitballing ideas, people were hoping for a "Marvel Comics colours" deco (i.e. purple Soundwave, black helmet yellow eyes Megatron).

4. BethCyra

BethCyra I NEED MP BiG CONVOY (Rumored)

Technically Slipstream is promoted to Seeker Captain and Skywarp is given Rank General, so in a way? Lol.

My point was I think it’s cute they are using the Cyberverse stuff in cool ways and not in dumb ways like for EarthSpark characters.

• Like Like x 2
  5. weevil

weevil CHUG Fan!

News Credits:
    2m3ioz.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  6. R3M1NGT0N

R3M1NGT0N Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    See, only thing I’m somewhat upset about with this reveal is that I thought I’d have a shot at a Shockwave repaint. I cancelled the Nemesis pack because of the Leader Soundwave and 86 Megatron coming. Shockwave still remains in limbo. I can see a new figure in 2026 but I’m not banking on it.

That said, if anyone is parting with the Shockwave from the set, send me a PM as I’m looking to pick up just that figure.

7. linkinparkirony

linkinparkirony #1 NFT Hater

News Credits:
    i have one on my ebay- the siege one

8. Grun Gast

Grun Gast Well-Known Member

That's pretty much why the Nemesis Bridge set was so eagerly awaited, yes? For me, I had a choice of getting the comic colours Shockwave (with Marvel styled Optimus Prime head) or the Bridge set, and went with the latter because my Earthrise Megatron has yellowed horribly to the point I just keep him in alt mode, I missed out on Shockwave during Siege, and we all know how Netflix Soundwave was difficult to find. I nearly cancelled the set myself because of the same reasons you mention (Leader Soundwave and 86 Megatron), but decided to go through with it partially because I figured that I could sacrifice them to my nephews and niece if I decided those ones were better, and partially because I felt bad for cancelling on my supplier who'd gone to some trouble to secure sets for our little group.

Hahah. Fair enough, though you'll have to admit that Slipstream and Skywarp aren't usually the first names to come to mind when the term "Decepticon Commanders" comes up.

But I agree in the usage of these Cyberverse molds. I personally don't really mind if they're marketed as their G1 counterparts or just generic "Evergreen" Transformers product, but would be kind of insulted if they were sold under the Earthspark banner. Especially if they don't match the ones in the show (looking at you, Soundwave).

• Like Like x 1
  9. BethCyra

BethCyra I NEED MP BiG CONVOY (Rumored)

Lol indeed you are correct there.

While they maybe number one in my heart, I don’t think most think of them when they want Decepticon leader.

10. Nekoman

Nekoman Well-Known Member

All you guys being so mean to this shitslop when you know there's kids out there (somewhere!) who LOVE shitslop! I can just imagine overflowing pallets of these at Ollies next Christmas, a happy little family haplessly wondering around bumps into the tower, sending the sets crashing down, falling onto their heads. BONK, they try to run away, but one of the stray sets fell into their cart. "Honey, what's this?" "I don't know, but I think it'll be Billy's best Christmas present! Look, it's only six dollars!".

So don't complain, some hypothetical child might on the off chance really like this! Maybe!

• Like Like x 6
  11. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm hoping leader Soundwave does something different. I want different colors. Maybe a lighter blue, with yellow eyes.

12. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was hoping for Marvel purple, but the picture in the preview showed him blue, so.. sigh. I’ll still get him since he’s probably coming with Buzzsaw.

13. JohnRhogan2501

JohnRhogan2501 Well-Known Member

From TransFormers: Cyberverse? Score!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Relic Hunter

Relic Hunter Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  15. Relic Hunter

They've confirmed he's a straight reissue

No new arms, no changes to the deco, just the same thing as before but with a new cassette and $20 more expensive

The release is coasting on the hype of the original's elusivity, and now I genuinely think Hasbro could have gotten away with reissuing SS86 Grimlock with some more accessories for Commander price

16. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Just trying my best.

News Credits:
    they said nothing of the sort

they never said that there weren't any changes just that it's the 'netflix' mold with three cassettes and they wouldn't say which ones which implies that all three are new, possibly core class-esque.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, they only said it was the ER mold and three cassettes with a possible hint at one of them being Buzzsaw. Hopefully that doesn’t mean we’ll see the mold mate Ravage AGAIN… god that is bad.. but likely if we see Buzzsaw. (Not impossible to separate as we’ve seen with Dramatic Capture, Bullseye, and the pirate Skar repaint) I hope one of them is toy accurate Frenzy.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Relic Hunter

I'm pretty sure they said it's a re-release of the Netflix toy, and they would've specified redeco like they did for Metalhawk if it really did have any changes

• Like Like x 1
  19. rx94

rx94 Hardhead’s weird cousin

I do wonder who this set is marketed towards though. It’s too expensive to be an in store impulse purchase for a kid to ask his parents, but it also lacks that wow factor to get added to many wishlists. I remember when I was 10 I was putting RID Magnus and BM Magmatron on my Amazon wishlist. And a parent shopping for their kid would probably just pick up something for half the price.
    I’m not sure if I was 10 now if three identical Cyberverse figures for $65 would be enough for me to risk losing out on a better toy on Christmas for the same price.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jeeaxus

Jeeaxus J->E Translator, Comics Fan, Recent Collector

Instagram:
    Y'all I'm kind of down for the Cyberverse three-pack if it's available internationally. As someone who wasn't collecting when it was on shelves but has been getting a lot these past months. Admittedly I don't really know who it's for besides me, but I'll take it.

EDIT--Ah, probably not worth import price for Warrior Class molds and very unlikely to see release in Japan, but if I could get it cheaply...!

Anyway, for the Wave 4 stuff, which I somehow missed the other day. Sight unseen: Toy-deco Deluxe Optimus-Probably. Slipstream-Probably. Quake-Probably get, but depends quite a bit on the toy. Toy-deco Meltalhawk-Maybe. Armada Galvatron-Maybe to likely. Core Class Energon Galvatron-Pass (great mold, but satisfied with the Megatron variant...or, Galvatron, rather. They're both Super Link Galvatron). Leader Soundwave-Pass. Bouldercrash redeco-I loved the original so much that it's very unlikely I won't get this just to have a second copy of it.

They are doing that, though. Just for kids instead of adult collectors. (Well, most adult collectors.)

Reactivate Soundwave is CHUG Cyberverse Soundwave.

Last edited: May 19, 2024
    • Like Like x 1