Listings for 2023 Legacy and Velocitron Wave 2!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Jun 24, 2022.

1. Starpilot949

Starpilot949 "This is where the transformers fun begins"

News Credits:
    Thank you!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But this isn't just any G1 dude only serious fans know, this is Megatron we're talking about. Must he be condemned to be outshone by Optimus every single time they both get a mainline figure? Doesn't he deserve one chance to be in the spotlight for once? I just finished my custom Siege/ER Megatron and I'm very happy with how it turned out, but I'd upgrade in a heartbeat if they made a new one with articulated wrists and hands and a more cohesive tank mode.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Skreeonk

Skreeonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So what, we're still needing listings for next year's Titan, Commander, & 5-6 Deluxes? Of the Deluxe, I'm hoping at least 2 of those are minibots, 1 is a G2 character, & 1 a toy-only BW character (RAZORBEAST).

I NEED A FIX OF LEAKS, MAAAN

• Like Like x 2
  4. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    Yeah I like my Seige Netflix Megatron, it’s my Megatron on my shelf. But I would gladly upgrade for a new version that is the ER Prime of G1 looking Megatrons.

• Like Like x 2
  5. PloverNutter

PloverNutter TFW2005: We're buying them but we don't like them.

News Credits:
    I think the problem is that Hasbro can no longer make G1 Megatron turn into a gun which complicates things during the design process. They have decided that all new G1 Megatron toys turn into a tank, fine. The problem arises that the bot mode still needs to look like the G1 animation model which was based off a toy that turned into a gun. So the bot mode has to look like it turns into a gun but actually turns into a tank which is a tricky concept to pull off. Optimus has it easy since every single G1 Optimus figure ever has followed the same overall transformation pattern which matches the G1 toon model look.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That doesn't have to be a problem. The issues with ER Megatron aren't the overall design, just the execution. Literally all it really needs is a bigger budget to give him a little extra height, work in a little extra engineering to reduce the partsforming and give him better articulation and a few stylistic tweaks like letting you use the tank cannon for the gunbarrel. They were so close to getting it right.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think we're also missing one leader, but maybe not. I'm not sure if all the year one leaders being repacked makes it more or less likely we'll get three leaders in year two

As to the deluxes, I'd really like to see another late G1 or G2 figure (Action Masters, Road Hog, any of the Rotorforce) that's not a straight redeco of a G1 mainstay (a la Ramjet or Sideswipe)

• Like Like x 3
  8. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    They should just make G2 Megatron. Seriously, we got 8 G1 Megatron derivatives within 3 years (2 of which replicated a G2 deco). Optimus Prime has moved on to G2 with Legacy and Megatron should do the same.

• Like Like x 21
  9. Skreeonk

Skreeonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is the only correct answer when people ask for a new Megatron. Stop giving us cheap imitations, G2 is more than just X-TREME paint jobs.

• Like Like x 11
  10. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    Haven't we semi-recently gotten all but the Arch Force (Hero Megatron) deco?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Agreed, and honestly, I prefer the G2 Megatron design overall and it would require less compromises to get the bot mode and the tank mode to look good.

Yea, we got the combat hero deco from Siege and the mainline deco from ER (don't have Reverse Convoy or Destructicon Bludgeon deco though and we did get the Archforce deco from the TR mold via Takara). However I mean more than just deco. We need a G2 Megatron mold. Especially since we're getting Lioconvoy next year and a G2 Megatron mold could also see a release as BW2 Megastorm to be an opposing faction leader.

• Like Like x 8
  12. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Aren't those two G2 deco Megatrons as faithful to the original G2 Megatrons as the six modern G1 deco Megatrons are to the original G1? Moreso even. Thus shouldn't the onus be to give us a more accurate G1 Megatron as they haven't ticked that box yet.

;) 

#G1doneraccuratebeforestartingG2
    #submarinemodeMegatron

13. Rojixus

Rojixus Celebrating 40 Years of Transformers!

You said it yourself, Hasbro had multiple bites at the apple to get G1 Megatron right. If they haven't done it by now, it's simply not going to happen. We need to accept that and move on.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Earthrise is close enough to G1 Megatron's bot mode and there will NEVER be a gun Megatron from Hasbro, therefore there will never be an accurate G1 Megatron. It's time to be like Elsa and let it go. Prime has moved onto G2, Megatron should do the same.

• Like Like x 6
  15. PinkFloydFan

PinkFloydFan Well-Known Member

Earthrise Megatron is a dumpster fire of a figure. I'd rate it as low as Siege Ravage and Earthrise Arcee. Netflix Megatron is currently the best g1 Megatron.

16. troglodyteman217

troglodyteman217 Doritoscream fangirl

News Credits:
    directly below the enemy scrotum AKA Greece
    what i wouldnt give for a proper g2 megs. all i want is a proper version of the g2 design, chest treads and all and not just er megatron but again
    G2Megatron_toy.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  17. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can't like this post enough...

Oh wait...yes I can.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

.......you get the idea.

• Like Like x 7
  18. Fenrys

News Credits:
    You can rate it that way if you want, but it's still more Sunbow accurate than the Siege mold due to the alterations with the abdomen. The ultimate point being, we've gotten 8 variations of a G1 style bot mode for Megatron in 3 years from Hasbro (Siege, Netflix wave 1, 35th anniversary, Combat Hero deco, ER, G2 deco, SG, Netflix wave 3). If Hasbro can do Laser Optimus (despite some people clamoring for an SS86 Optimus Prime) then they can give us a G2 tank Megatron as well.

This 100%

• Like Like x 6
  19. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Comic colors like the Legends figure had would be amazing.

• Like Like x 3
  20. PinkFloydFan

PinkFloydFan Well-Known Member

There is nothing g1 accurate about massive tank kibble on the legs and back.