Listings for 2023 Legacy and Velocitron Wave 2!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Jun 24, 2022.

1. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Because Mark wanted to get Prime characters out in to the toyline but had a limited budget so leveraged existing molds as best he could? I mean, you can like or not like a toy but it seems foolish to claim Mark isn't trying this damndest to fit as diverse an offering as he can with the budget he's been given.

Give it time. Jhiaxus is going to need a retool.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Autobot N

Autobot N Wants a Legacy Sunstorm

In fact, let's look at the Voyager figures for Legacy and the entire WFC trilogy mainline. Not counting packaging refreshes, in all waves of all 4 lines, there are exactly FOUR Voyagers out of 24 that aren't brand new molds: Siege Thundercracker, ER Megatron, KD Inferno, and Legacy Twincast. You could expand it to 6 if you count ER Starscream and KD Tigatron (for using the engineering of deluxe figures), but I don't. Y'all need to stop assuming everyone is a retool

• Like Like x 3
  3. Patrickab7

Patrickab7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Literally just bought TR Metalhawk on eBay. :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  4. sideswipe6520

sideswipe6520 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think we are going to end up with a Jhiaxus repaint and retool for Metalhawk personally. BUT The Armada Starscream mold would be perfectly acceptable as well.
    I am hoping for images released in the next 2 weeks so I can confirm if I prefer this version over paying $500 for the Wonderfest garage kit version of Metalhawk.
    Which is the most accurate version available but it's exceptionally rare these days.

5. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    I would. Shared engineering doesn't mean they're retools or repaints. As many have said, if there's a transformation scheme that works for a character, why mess with it? Look at how ER Prime leveraged elements of the Siege mold but did such a good job of it that people (including yourself) forget he's a "partial." Unless you're excluding him because his trailer bumped him up to Leader.

(Also, Legacy Inferno is similar to Tigatron in the sense they're leveraging elements of a different figures engineering. The similarities between he and Waspinator are rather significant. But, again, they do such a good job of building off those elements at the higher price point that it comes off as an entirely original design.)

6. Steeljaw

Steeljaw Play more games

I\'m going to put money on a kingdom Cyclonus remold. If not a new mold. 

7. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod 3Zero Bay Ironhide Please.

News Credits:
    Still would be nice to allow other to get that character again and new. I feel like every character can get/deserves a update even if the og figure is good.

Also I would like to see how they’d do the Mammoth mode and not be basically a brick shell.
    I’m expecting probably Armada Starscream retool which looking at the two works or a new mold.
    B9E44A26-0605-44EE-8A4C-3D63BDB3BB35.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Slimeformerzaa

Slimeformerzaa Banned

News Credits:
    YouTube (Old):
    Well, I'm quite excited, Metalhawk is one of my favourite Japanese G1 characters. Hope his figure will be good! Idc if he's Pretender or not. Bludgeon treatment anyone?

Agreed! A lot of us here including me have often assumed new listings are retools haha. But I guess it's always better to expect the worst, so you can be pleasantly surprised maybe.

• Like Like x 1
  9. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    Yeah! He's obviously going to be a silverbolt retool!
    We thank you for your sacrifice

• Like Like x 5
  10. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    New figures aren't made to replace the ones long time fans own. They're made to market towards young audiences who may or may not have seen or heard of those characters previously. I don't care if 10 years from now they release yet another version of G1 Prime because 10 years from now kids are going to want Optimus Prime toys no matter how good we think ER Prime is.

And if 10 years from now they do another round of BW characters, good. It means the stuff in Kingdom connected and those characters are now starting to carry name value with younger audiences.

• Like Like x 13
  11. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    Agreed, same for TFA the og figure for the most part are great but still would like new versions especially for new fans or some other fiction.

The og Big Convoy doesn’t really interest me but a new one with a better Mammoth mode might get me. Honestly Legacy doing new updates of characters from different universes make/made me want to either buy them or go back and watch the shows.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  12. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    yrukjryu7nkj.gif

13. Rojixus

Rojixus Generation 2 Forever!

He'd better be! That Pretender nonsense can stay in the 80s as far as I'm concerned.

• Like Like x 6
  14. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Because people like me want to have a variety of figures from various franchises all in the same aesthetic? If they were in the Prime style I likely wouldn’t buy them. Maybe they can do more Prime and Animated style designs in Studio Series.

• Like Like x 8
  15. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    Agreed.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Ditko

Ditko Well-Known Member

Yessss....just keep the late G1 stuff coming! I like where that\'s heading and will buy Metalhawk and Needlenose even though they\'re not super high on my list.

• Like Like x 1
  17. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Or give it a few more years as the nostalgia cycle turns and those will be in vogue. At which point people will be mad that characters from G1/BW are now getting ruined by being redesigned as Prime/Animated characters.

• Like Like x 2
  18. BBJazz

BBJazz Well-Endowed Member

So Metalhawk is likely Jhiaxus or Armada Starscream. My guess would be for Jhiaxus because Armada Starscream has a lot of repaint potential already.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dark Starscream

Dark Starscream w/Powermaster Cobra Cmdr.

I would love to see the return of Pretender shells, eapecially the shells that transform and incorporate into the alt mode, as was the case with G1 Metalhawk.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    I figured it was just derivative of Dominant which is as close as you can get to making Big sound cool.

• Like Like x 1