Listing for selects autobot multipack.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Jan 6, 2024.

1. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    I mean Jack DID die, so...

The idea of having to spend $120 to get Hound is teeth-gnashingly insulting. I mean we all know most of the other toys will head to eBay; heck, I'm still holding onto my Ratchet/Lifeline 2-pack until they do Lifeline from the SS86 version of Arcee, knowing full well the set will still retain value.

Speaking of, I'm surprised Hasbro remembered it has a Gen Selects label it can do things with.

• Like Like x 3
  2. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm in the category of:

If a loose sample out of the factory of deluxe Trailbreaker genuinely has battle damage paint then the most likely reason is that it has mistakenly been given Hoist's paint mask. And more likely will be corrected for the final product.

• Like Like x 3
  3. cynw32618

cynw32618 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh there’s loads to go in on Hasbro about, but I’m genuinely not trying to start an argument, where could they have sold this as a single figure? The exclusives are already chosen by retailers. And the next 2 years mainline are already lined up, who would you lose? It can’t just be a repack.

Detritus was picked for the mainline originally because the theme last year was Junkions, so I understand why he was main line this time. Hound was meant to be a single pack exclusive, but Target dropped him and no other retailers picked him up.

And Hasbro has clearly been losing money on single Deluxes, as they’ve stopped doing them completely this last year, with the only one they did release (Magnificus) being one Target had dropped, and the supposed 2 single Deluxes that were upcoming (Windsweeper & Anime / Toy Pointblank) removed completely.

You can’t just say ‘Hasbro can just throw it out as a single figure because!’ as they’ve just sacked almost 20% of their workforce for the whole company. It would be insane with that level of cost-cutting to then turn around and go “we’ve let half of this department go, now let’s release something else that will lose us some more”

It would be very easy to say Hound was a cynical move for Hasbro to make in this multipack IF we still had 12-18 releases a year of Deluxes in Selects or elsewhere, but we don’t.

This has been noticed by us for some time (for the last 12 months we have all been asking why Selects has dried up) before this thing for Hound happened and even Windsweeper / Pointblank disappeared before we got this news.

I genuinely see it as a case of Hasbro managing to squeeze Hound in after Target let them down (remember, if Hound was such an integral essential character Target never would have turned him down!) and we’ll get him again at the next opportunity, that’s all.

And it’s fine for you to believe that too, but the other named character from that mural who was ‘dropped’ along with Polar Claw, Gears? He’s actually coming out in 4 months time.

Which also proves perfectly that things aren’t always permanently cancelled, simply moved around.

• Like Like x 6
  4. J PRIME 23

J PRIME 23 Member

Ebay:
    Man, that sucks I have all the Bots, accept Hound

5. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I thought @Jtprime17 mentioned an April release date for a Selects Autobot Multipack. If that was this, we could see leaks any day now - it even sounds like Trailbreaker might be in production now!

• Like Like x 3
  6. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    I'm not interested in arguing with most of the rest of your statement, but I simply cannot imagine a scenario whereby anyone at Target has ANY concept of what characters might be "integral essential" outside of maybe Optimus Prime and Bumblebee. That they potentially didn't think of Hound as such tells me extraordinarily little.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

They literally sold Magnificus as a deluxe on Pulse last year. If they had such little faith on it, why bother releasing it at all? I’m pretty sure a solo Hound would have pulled better numbers then Magnificus.

I don’t think this is about Hasbro having a lack of confidence with Hound and more about securing a $100+ giftset with boosted sales. It’s the giftset they lacked the confidence with.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Strife

Strife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    On the topic of Hasbro "trying to get something out", I'm just a bit confused I guess about how that works. Since this figure has evidently been planned for around 2 years now (it seems), why not just put it in Legacy United? Or an upcoming Studio Series wave. In Legacy United I'm seeing a Strongarm repack in Wave 3 (Legacy Wave 10) and a Chase repack in Wave 4 (Legacy Wave 11). Why not put him there instead? Why Any of the 3/4 deluxes over him? Why not in Studio Series instead of a repack - by my list we're getting 4 known SS86 single releases this year - Swoop, Steeljaw, Springer and Commander-class Optimus. Why not Houd instead of the Gnaw repack?

I'm really cool with the multipack, but it just seems weird - and this has happened before - that when a exclusive retail partner backs out, a finished figure with a finished deco and finished mold gets blasted into netherworld rather than just slotted into the tail end of an existing line over a repack.

In fact Hasbro did it the *other* way in recent(ish) history when Siege proved so popular it created a new last wave (or two?) of Siege by moving forward Earthrise releases into it.

Does anyone have an explanation of how this works?

• Like Like x 3
  9. jmagnus83

jmagnus83 Well-Known Member

Yeah I expect we will see this soon but right now we are in the one of the bad parts of the leak cycle - mass arguments driven by lack of info. Of course sometimes the post picture arguments are worse!

• Like Like x 1
  10. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I mean, does it annoy me?

Oh. Yes.

But I spent, what? $50 for Sideswipe? $50 for Mirage?

Yea, I sold off the extras. At least in this case, there might be a decent market for the extras if I decide I don't want them.

Prowl and Ironhide and Ratchet required buying extra figures back in WFC too for the earth modes, didn't they? And I had to hunt for Bumblebee and Soundwave.

I absolutely get frustration over this. Even if I pay full price, a part of me hopes Hasbro has to discount these to unload them and ends up selling them at 35% off or more in a Pulse sale, just because I DO think this is a dick move and I'm not going to cry a river if this bites them.

I'm probably paying full price because I want it badly enough to. I hope the others in the set are upgrades honestly.

But it's also very similar to the position I was in when I got about half the earth mode G1 cast. It isn't like most of these figures were as easily available and relatively cheap as Studio Series Ironhide and Ratchet are now. A good half of these were bundled in with wildly different characters or required hitting a bunch of Walmarts.

At least we're closer to the end.

I think I'll pay full price assuming it isn't more than $125. I want Hound badly and I'm sure at least one of the others will replace an existing figure for me. But I honestly hope most people end up paying less.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Strife

Strife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TBF there is going to be a lot of the Buzzworthy troop builder multipack too. Folks are going to be splitting it up for the ones they want and the ones they don't want. And not everyone will want Hound. If you want a more gritty take on Transformers, a more Cartoon Hound isn't for you but if there is any battle damage deck on, say, Trailbreaker, than he might be.

I don't think this is gonna be bad for for folks. Though a 5 figure pack (instead of 4) is surprising and I think it'll be $125.

12. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    "This thing we can't see isn't worth the price we don't know!

• Like Like x 6
  13. Vector Oracle

Vector Oracle Heroic Captain of Cowabunga

News Credits:
    To be fair, they’ve been doing Shattered Glass toys at the same time for the past 2 years. There don’t seem to be any SG toys for this year, so I imagine that frees up some space in the budget.

14. GrievousII

GrievousII Member

Will the set have Battle Damage?

I honestly don't mind a bit of Battle Damage.

• Like Like x 1
  15. AtomicGarden

AtomicGarden Energon homebrewer

You make some good points. I’d like to know how it works as well. Hound being the same mold as Detritus and being available. Why wouldn’t they release him instead of, let’s say the Strongarm repack, who will most likely shelfwarm ?

• Like Like x 2
  16. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    Considering she’s not selling out rn I kinda hope they put someone else there like they cancelled Wheeljack and Cheetors prs.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Luke Stark

Luke Stark Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    Sorry about that but yes the plastic does need to be removed

• Like Like x 1
  18. Luke Stark

Luke Stark Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    Well that's Russia for you being able to get things before us

19. Sunbow Prime

Sunbow Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    and you can still get Gnaw for $24

• Like Like x 1
  20. AtomicGarden

AtomicGarden Energon homebrewer

Like Metalhawk, who’s the voyager I still see on shelves at Walmart and he’ll get a repack in United instead of let’s say, Ramjet ? I understand the concept of repacks but Strongarm and Metalhawk are stange choices for United

• Like Like x 6