Listing for selects autobot multipack.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Jan 6, 2024.

1. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    That's the sad part, everyone will buy it just for Hound and then Ebay will be flooded with the rest at dirt cheap prices as everyone dumps figures they already have. Defending them for this is stupid though ')

• Like Like x 1
  2. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yes. I know. I was there. Minibots are small Deluxes in Sunbow scale. I was explaining why *all* small figures have changed and some are no longer represented by the line.

Minis are Deluxes, Legends became Cores. It's them moving the goalposts, somewhat, to fit the new scale. (since they're chasing Sunbow, right now. )

3. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    Maybe but I can see people still selling off TB and Sunstreaker for bigger prices over $25 as some people are gonna only want them as well.

But if so it’ll be good for me as I only want Jazz, WJ (if toon decoed) and Trailbreaker maybe from the set, Sunstreaker and Hound I don’t need toys of on my shelf.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Again, people won't necessarily dump the new versions if certain corrections are made (color matching on Sunstreaker, dingy color of Wheeljack, cracking clear plastic on Jazz). These could be worthwile revisits of these characters (that have also been off the shelf for a few years at this point). Also, understanding and defending are 2 different things. Nobody is stupid for liking what they like or wanting what they want.

• Like Like x 2
  5. DarkSkull

DarkSkull Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok, sorry but I don't understand what that has to do with the fact that they don't plan on finishing key minibots for G1 like Seaspray

6. Siberian Prime

Siberian Prime the one who never took cold shower

1 is obviously Legacy/Netflix Soundwave so we've got 2 options. My personal opinion is 1 is definitely Thrust & Ramjet

• Like Like x 3
  7. Seanprime

Seanprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don’t think it’s defending more than pointing out Hasbros not out to get you in some various way. Like it’s not that serious

• Like Like x 5
  8. Touma Callum

Touma Callum Well-Known Member

I can't wait to see pics of Trailbreaker! If he is perfect it's off to new homes for my ER/SS86 versions of Wheeljack, Trailbreaker, Jazz and Sunstreaker.

• Like Like x 3
  9. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No one said they wouldn't. Where did you get that idea? They know we want them.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Flash1087

Flash1087 we all listen to D>E>A>T>H>M>E>T>A>L

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Kinda same? He and Sunstreaker are two of my all-time favorite G1 designs, and while I was lucky enough to snag them both off Pulse back in the day, I have to say I'm curious to see what about them might be different in the multipack. I like Siege Hound enough that I don't really need the whole thing just for Hound, but if the rest of them look different enough, I could be talked into it.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Touma Callum

Touma Callum Well-Known Member

Wait...Did I miss something? Are there 3 more sets we don't know about that are coming?

12. cynw32618

cynw32618 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where could Hasbro have put this? It was originally meant to be put out as a Single and the retailers passed at it. The main line is taken up for the next 2 years and if no other retailers bite all that’s left is fan channels like Selects.

And Hasbro is clearly losing money / unwilling to put out single Deluxe figures on their own any more, because the whole of last year they only put out 3 Selects figures, of which only one, the first (Magnificus) was a Deluxe - And he was originally supposed to be a Target exclusive too!

Windsweeper and Headmasters Anime / toy head Pointblank have disappeared from the retailers listings as well, so it’s less Hasbro pulling a fast one as not putting out any Deluxe figures any more that I can see?

And if you are going to have to put several figures in with Hound, who better than other Autobot cars needing reissues for various reasons. The only one I’m not thrilled with is Wheeljack, but if Prowl has been released more recently (even in a deco that’s not universally loved) I can understand why they’d choose a different mold. Wheeljack also makes far more sense than a Battlecharger for the 40th anniversary.

What will happen is another version of Hound will be released on his own in about 2 years now (like Ironhide, Ratchet & Dirge etc), and the same people furiously complaining now will be saying Hasbro conned them into buying this pack instead of breaking down their next 5 years worth of releases for everyone.

• Like Like x 11
  13. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    I mean this year of Legacy looks to be wild with the first wave being the most random mishmash of past series, so it could be basically anything in mainline.

SS86 won't be as crazy.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Face it, we're doomed.

News Credits:
    4kgf7r.png

• Like Like x 4
  15. Joelibris71

Joelibris71 Well-Known Member

Anyone want to start a pool as to how soon we’re seeing these 5 packs with Detritus or another fig, with Hound missing?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Face it, we're doomed.

News Credits:
    Naw, this is a selects "brown box with the name label covering the opening flap / only sold online" release. Only retailers it will be at are Gamestop and mom & pop shops, which won't accept returns

• Like Like x 1
  17. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Probably Siege Hound, mismatched Sunstreaker, broken Jazz, etc. The fandom has no shortage of degenerates that swap figures.

But this isn't from Walmart so it won't be THAT bad.

• Like Like x 1
  18. cynw32618

cynw32618 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good. Dirt cheap prices?

Earthrise Sunstreaker MIB - Sold for $115 last month
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/186203338013?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=Qz0_84nLSf2&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=xNb74Nz9SSy&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Earthrise Trailbreaker MIB - Sold for $121 last month
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/374890095183?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=kgw_yxtbsf2&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=xNb74Nz9SSy&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Considering MIB Trailbreaker & Sunstreaker alone are the same price as this 5 pack means it’s a bargain AND a great way for collectors who came along late to pick up these guys.

So if retailers are passing on Hound (like we know Target did), the main lines are already filled for the next 2 years, and Hasbro aren’t putting out Deluxes on their own any more (and they clearly aren’t, as Windsweeper & Pointblank have vanished), then bundling Hound with super expensive / hard to find characters is the most obvious place to put him till he does come out at general retail.

• Like Like x 10
  19. Seanprime

Seanprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Something else that bugs me, who do some of you assume "everyone" has these figures already? There is so many people for so many different reasons that dont have these figures, this website and the extra hardcore base dont represent the entire community. Im not sure how anyone can factually say that.

• Like Like x 8
  20. DarkSkull

DarkSkull Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's now been 5 years since Siege and they still haven't made him or the other missing g1 minibots, and according to the leaks they aren't even planned in United. Will they come out in whatever comes after Legacy? Who knows.. But the more years that pass, the more likely it is that instead of finishing them they will start them again (also because for example Seapray doesn't even appear in the '86 film, so no SS86 for him)