List of new Items for power of the primes & Bumblebee Movie

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by catz, Jan 4, 2018.

1. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    But the "Gimmick" lines are for those who play with them. For little kids to throw them around or bash them together. Kids don't like to sit for 15 - 30 minutes trying to solve how to transform. They want instant gratification. They want to see the toys transform in 2 seconds like they do in the movies/cartoons. Hasbro used to earn more money from gimmick lines than the main lines. I do believe the lack of interest for the movies leveled the playing field but since Bumblebee Movie is targeted towards kids, there will be more gimmick lines this time around than any other movie line. A toy journalist I know got to see the Bumblebee Movie toys from Hasbro very recently and said that the whole line feels like a gimmick line with the main line taking a back seat. But he said the gimmicks are way too cool this time ("kids will absolutely love it") and we'll get to see the toys at the Toy Fair as usual.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    SMH. I don't even own them and I can see they're different from just the pictures.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From what we've heard, the mainline TF6 toys are just being blended in with the Generations Studio Series line. With only four Transformers in the movie, they can have a dozen different Bumblebees and company in the gimmick lines, with the odd TF1-TF5 characters. That's harder to get away with in the mainline these days.

4. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    Fuck yeah MPM Ironhide! Which means Starscream is coming too! Can we get MPMs of all the 07 characters? I think we can. Come on HasTak. You know you want to

• Like Like x 2
  5. rendsora

rendsora Well-Known Member

So what's your suggestion to call them? Movie afficionados line?

Movie nostagia uber style?
    Movierama stylerpiece?
    Movie Studio exclusive super line?
    Movie drama superrama line?
    Movie Meh grandma & granddad line?

• Like Like x 3
  6. VortexPrime

VortexPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    to be honest if I see the 4 transformers of the Bumblebee movie in the Studio Series, I don't see the problem with the whole Bee movie's line being gimmick toys, actually I'd be glad, it would be way less confusing.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rated X

Rated X Banned

I respectfully disagree. It based on ROTF prime. Theres only so much you can do to change a mold thats already a "masterpiece" in its own right. Its slightly smaller. Does shrinking a mold make it so much different? Its got maybe an extra 4 or 5 steps to transform than the leader version. Does that make it a masterpiece? About the only thing that makes it really different is the premium deco. Not sure that qualifies as for the moniker of masterpiece. The molds arent different like night and day like say 2007 and 2009 ROTF voyager starscream. Those two molds were vastly different. These Primes arent really different. Borrowed engineering. Thats all it is. SMH...

8. rendsora

rendsora Well-Known Member

So SMH movie style line?

• Like Like x 2
  9. Rated X

Rated X Banned

10th Anniversary Premium Editions.

10. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Yoinkus

News Credits:
    I dunno. I feel like its more than 4 or 5 added steps. Considering the way the back collapses into the torso on Optimus is almost completely different from the leader figure. Of course there are a lot of similarities between the figures. They are both recreating the exact same design after all. But I think mpm Optimus is definitely different enough to warrant new figure status over remold status. Same for Bee and Barricade.

• Like Like x 9
  11. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Here the thing is that even the ROTF leader was comparable to the masterpiece figures in its time, and he still could stand against them.

12. MengHao

MengHao Well-Known Member

I look forward to predaking! Maybe I should wait for the sdcc one though lol

13. Weird North

Weird North An answer to a question that no one ever asked

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could he though? 20180104_103304.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  14. avc-prime

avc-prime Well-Known Member

Oh man that's funny but really sad lol

• Like Like x 2
  15. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Fall Passions

News Credits:
    I find it interesting that you would learn of this information and share it a thread, where it will be lost and glossed over by most, instead of front paging it to make it known. I can understand trying to keep quiet for your friend, and I wholly believe you, but I don’t understand that. I mean it isn’t much info, but it gives is a general idea of what to expect across the board.

Of course, we’ll find out very soon enough anyways.

16. Retroheavy

Retroheavy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I don't disagree that MPM04 borrows some stuff from ROTF prime and opinions are opinions but even with all of MPM4s short comings he still blows ROTF prime out of the water. Also, I don't think people should group the MPM line with the current MP line. They are two separate entities, if movie Optimus was apart of the current MP line he would have been about 240 dollars, WAY more complex and probably would not have met any codes to be sold on TRU shelfs in the states. Call the line whatever you want but try not to get bent out of shape when an MPM figure gets released and doesn't meet your standard of what you consider to be "Masterpiece" because it's not, its "Movie Masterpiece"

I may be a little bias but I love the new MPM line. If I had any recommendation for Movie verse collectors it would be to sell all your junk movie figures and collect only MPM.

• Like Like x 2
  17. SilverOptimus

News Credits:
    Smart answer because that is exactly why. It's nothing major. As you stated, you'll find out at least by February but may even be sooner.

• Like Like x 4
  18. ar78

ar78 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The problem with the gimmick toys is that the gimmick is the toy. Most of them have very little play value outside the flip and switch. Articulation is limited and the overall quality is poor. Most of the gimmicks fail easily and leave you with a $10 piece of garbage. Once the novelty of the gimmick wears off, which happens very fast, you are left with a bad toy.

Look at the horrendous crash combiners. You get two barely transformable robots, five im the case of the big packs, who combine into a severely compromised figure that isn't exactly cheap.

The one steps my son has collected sit in a bin while the better toys are played with daily. The gimmick line has to go unless they want to build a Rescue Bots style line that retails for $7.99 and works for the 3-6 age group. Don't try to upsell a 3-6 age toy to 9 year olds like the current one steps.

The appropriate toy level going forward is a RID warrior level that retails for $12. They are simple enough for young kids, have great play value, and decent quality. Not for $18, but $12 is a fair price. They may not satisfy collectors but aren't frustrating and would be a perfect starting toy line.

I don't want the Generations line to ruin the brand like the garbage Star Wars figures that turned into Frankenstein forms. Eventually the cheapening of quality and price increases will make them not worth buying.

A Luke Skywalker who can only move his arms one direction at the shoulder and legs at the hips isn't fun to play with. When they cost $9, I'd rather they not be made at all. If a knockoff GI Joe from Dollar Tree can have 11 points of articulation, there is no excuse for a Hasbro figure to have four and a half.

• Like Like x 3
  19. SilverOptimus

News Credits:
    It's true. But most kids these days don't really go beyond the excited days of a movie. They move on as soon as the next big movie is here. So, I guess the problem of 'novelty wearing off' is solved without a hassle.

I'm happy with Hasbro for giving a lot of love to their collector fanbase. The Generations line, Masterpieces and Studio Series are all examples of giving something back to their fans. Sure, the quality may have diminished over time but the thought of catering to a fanbase still remains at large at Hasbro. They constantly send mails back and forth regarding fan reaction to upcoming stuff.

I'm excited to see what they will bring to the table with Bumblebee Movie. I have faith in the movie as well as the toyline. From the stuff I've been hearing, looks like we'll see some cool stuff after a while.

• Like Like x 2
  20. nutnut

nutnut Well-Known Member

I think Ironhide needs better toys. The dark of the moon voyager was terible and the leader was too. Please give him justice and make a great toy. Only one i can say was geat was the deluxe one.  

• Like Like x 3