Liokaiser QC issues anyone?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Jetfire37, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Jetfire37

Jetfire37 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My CW Liokaiser arrived today and to my disgust he has numerable QC issues. To those of you that picked him up, how is your set QC wise? Would it do me any good to exchange the set for another with EA? My luck the replacement is worse or has different problems than the first.

These are the issues I am experiencing:

1. Severely crooked Deception emblems on Hellbat and Guyhawk's wings. (Mentioned in another post)

2. When I open Hellbats's legs to extend them, the top halves come out of the plastic hinges and fall off. (Part that his fins connect to)

3. When in arm mode, Guyhawk's legs won't stay tabbed together and will split apart from the slightest movement.

4. In Gestalt mode his arms flop all over the place so I can't raise his arms to pose them or they flop back down. Both of his shoulder joints are loose as well as both jet's combiner connecters.

5. Dezarus's neck is loose so I cannot raise his head in alt mode or it flops back down most of the time. They aren't simple screws I can just tighten on any of the floppy bits but rather metal pins or plastic pins/tabs.

I had to cut into the plastic tray so I could fit Ironbison back into the box. His is cannon still attached because his turret his a death grip on it and nearly broke it off trying to remove it. Contrary to everything we have seen, you can barely peg the Dual barrel gun on top of Drill horn's turret because the 5mm peg on the drill prevents the cannons from mounting flush. (may cut the drill's peg off or shorten it as I have no desire for him wield it as weapon in bot mode) The pics posted online show a white HFG for Drillhorn and a silver one for Ironbison but nope, both are the cheapass looking grey ones that came with Bruticus.

I was very surprised, other than Skylink issues I had no problems with any of the previous incarnations of these molds. They did get his Gestalt leg rarchets super tight this time. The directions call for you to fold back the tank rear ends like on Bruticus ,despite all of the pics showing otherwise. I will say they look great not folded back, setting Liokaiser apart from the other uses of the Brawl mold.

Based on what I have posted, would you request an exchange or are there simple fixes to everything I mentioned?

The set looks absolutely stunning and would prefer not going through the hassle of an exchange if possible.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  2. atomD21

atomD21 Not made of sterner stuff...

I'd say go for an exchange. You're not going to be able to undo most of the problems you described. If the second one is still a QC mess, then work on the fixes you can do. No reason to be stuck with a set you aren't happy with.

3. ma70er

ma70er HasTak/3P TF Collector, Gamer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Don't settle, get an exchange... you simply got a terribly bad QC set.

4. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Only issues I had with my set were kinda loose leg joints on the jets (and their legs not tabbing together too solid for combined arm mode). Your set sounds unusually problematic.

5. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    I think these figures are starting to suffer from mold degradation due to over production. For the most part, my Liokaiser set is fine but here's how mine stacks up to yours (my comments in GREEN):

1. Severely crooked Deception emblems on Hellbat and Guyhawk's wings. (Mentioned in another post) No tempo problems on any of my figures.

2. When I open Hellbats's legs to extend them, the top halves come out of the plastic hinges and fall off. (Part that his fins connect to) My Hellbat definitely doesn't fall apart. My Hellbat's legs (back of the leg/top part in alt mode) don't latch very securely in alt mode (they do close but unlatch them selves if moved around too much).

3. When in arm mode, Guyhawk's legs won't stay tabbed together and will split apart from the slightest movement. The connection on my Guyhawk is secure but not as strong as it is on Airraid.

4. In Gestalt mode his arms flop all over the place so I can't raise his arms to pose them or they flop back down. Both of his shoulder joints are loose as well as both jet's combiner connecters. No arm problems at all only figures. Both arms hold poses very well. No arm issues at all on mine. Is the screw in the connector port loose? Do you feel the detents when rotating just the combiner peg on the combiner port or is it smooth? You could try tightening the screw a bit to see if this helps. I would recommend using a JIS (Japanese Industrial Standard) type screwdriver vs. US Phillips head screwdriver so you don't strip the screws. You can get them at Amazon if you can't find them at hobby/electronics stores in your area.

5. Dezarus's neck is loose so I cannot raise his head in alt mode or it flops back down most of the time. They aren't simple screws I can just tighten on any of the floppy bits but rather metal pins or plastic pins/tabs. The neck is fine on my Dezarus figure.

The only other issue I have with my set that you don't have is the ears on my Hellcat are super floppy. They stay down in Bot mode but move all over the place when posing/moving/transforming/etc. While annoying, it's not enough for me to return the set.

I think you have enough issues with your figures that you should seriously consider getting a replacement set.

6. Jetfire37

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the input folks, I put in an exchange request with Entertainment Earth so they will get back to me soon.

I was so excited when Liokaiser arrived only to be severely disappointed. I have been into model railroading for the better part of 40 yrs. and I know all too well about mold degradation. My friend was barking at me about dropping by tomorrow to look the set over, bringing his heat gun as well as some crap I have never heard of...Future Polish. He's a miniatures modeler so I will let him check things out but I will likely find better piece of mind in exchanging it.

7. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Lol Future polish has been used by TF collectors for years, but yeah you should exchange if you can.

8. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Every issue I had with my Liokaiser was solved with future polish.

9. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    My set is fine, BTW. Adding to the chorus that you got a bad set, unfortunately.

10. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    The only issue with my set is that the tanks don't like to keep their legs tabbed together too solidly in leg/tank mode and the turrets are super tight for the barrel/drill, other than that mine is perfect

11. Jetfire37

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hello folks, thx again for the responses. Just thought I would update ya on this topic. Entertainment Earth was very fast in responding and asked me to take pictures of the issues my Liokaiser set. They just contacted me today and said that the mfg didn't require me to return the defective product and that a new Liokaiser set was on It's way soon. Tracking info is forthcoming and to please do as I see fit with the original set. Good grief o_O  talk about awesome! I am having muscles in my foot repaired and/or amputated tomorrow so timing on shipping the old set out "was" going to be dicey.

My friend said "most" of the issues could be fixed via future polish, heat gun, or pliers BUT the point being I shouldn't have had to in the first place. I was psyched about getting one Liokaiser O_O!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    Glad to hear everything got sorted out in the end. Good luck with your surgery tomorrow.

13. Jetfire37

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thank you Seawing:)  Your detailed information regarding your Liokaiser set really helped in my decision to get mine replaced:)