Linkin Park Vocalist Chester Bennington Commits Suicide

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Boneless Pizza, Jul 20, 2017.

1. HawaiianBro808

HawaiianBro808 Banned

News Credits:
    :( 

• Like Like x 2
  2. Prival

Prival Prival-con

I've never felt so destroyed to hear about a singer/band members passing. Literally spent the morning crying. While I'm not very old (turning 18 in December) it has still had a heavy impact. They were the first band that I ever actually loved and rode with and we're a huge part of my childhood.
    Without Chester I may have been a completely different person...so thank you Chester Bennington. Thank you for being a part of something I could turn to in my struggles. Thank you for the inspiration and motivation you gave me. And thank you for being a part of my life. You will forever be missed by me and never forgotten.

• Like Like x 3
  3. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Condolences to he's friends and family.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Boneless Pizza

Boneless Pizza Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:

This is my favorite song of theirs

• Like Like x 6
  5. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    This will be the 3rd instance this week on this board that I've had to discuss suicide. Oh Boy!/s
    I'm getting sick and tired of these celebrities and musicians killing themselves. If the life is too much then maybe they need to rethink their occupation or take a nice, long extended break from it (and not the kind that involves permanent death).

Gotta vent right now. I'm mad he did it. He had a talent and the Band can't just be Mike rapping. Goddammit. Linkin Park is done. He was good. Those pipes. Argh. I liked those Transformer songs. Was hoping they'd return and do another. Fuck Imagine Dragons. Their song was boring. I was sooo hoping Linkin Park would return for one of the sequels. sigh. I heard that man's songs throughout my adolescence and even into today. Linkin Park was always played on the radio. This is terrible. Such an incredible waste. What a fool. Yeah, you were probably depressed, suffering from depression, but in the end (ha!) you made a whole lot of others sad too. Maybe your goal was to make the world feel your sadness and pain? I dunno, but I do not feel that it was a good kind of sadness, but an angry one, directed at you for what you'd done. Goddammit. You selfish suffering asshole. Why couldn't you man the fuck up and hold on? I'm gonna miss you. You sonofabitch. I'll never be able to hear your songs the same way again without having your suicide immediately flash into my mind. Is that what you wanted? For us all to now remember your band as the one whose lead singer killed himself? Cause that's what you're gonna get from now on. I'll never be able to think of you or Linkin Park differently ever again. So fuck you, fuck you Chester for ruining the memory of what Linkin Park is, was, and forever shall be. Asshole.

My condolences to his family, friends, fans, and anyone else feeling the hurt from this tragedy.

I'm far more angry than sad right now. Maybe that's how I express sadness? I just hate it when people die of preventable, avoidable causes. I can understand folks dying from sickness, accidents, the actions of others, but suicide is unique. It is done by one's own choice and usually one's own hand (if not assisted). They made the choice to end themselves and didn't give anyone a chance to help them from that ledge. It angers me when they don't stop, and for a second, think that maybe, just maybe this isn't right and they should go seek out a friend, anyone, for help. People WILL miss them, the suicidee(is that even a word?) just doesn't realize it in their clouded train of thought.

The only time I think a suicide (and a quick one at that) is appropriate is if the person has an incurable condition that causes immense physical pain 24/7, we can't do anything to stop it, and them living is absolute torture -OR- the person is gonna die from something we can't at all stop, be it aggressive brain cancer or they got pinned to a tree by a car and are gonna die anyways painfully because the damn car and tree are the only things keeping their torso together. Yeah, so inescapable situations where we can't help at all to save the person or alleviate their physical suffering I'm okay with letting their request to die happen. But mental pain such as depression, we should be able to help those suffering hold on and live through the sadness. Sadness is a feeling, and it can pass. Emotions come and go. But a bullet to the head leaves a lasting impression.

DON'T KILL YOURSELF. JUST THINK ABOUT ALL THE FUTURE STUFF YOU'LL TOTALLY MISS OUT ON AND NEVER GET TO EXPERIENCE. YOU CAN'T ENJOY THE THINGS YOU LOVE NOW AND MAY ONE DAY WILL LOVE IF YOU'RE DEAD. LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST AND TO THE END.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  6. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    They will probably go with Mike to form a new band or move on to other bands. No sense in giving up your job if your work buddy kills himself.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator

News Credits:
    It's back and forth for me. Sadness, anger, sadness, anger, and so on. My brain says 'how the hell can someone do this' while my heart cries. The sadness makes me think 'if there's no hope for a person with seemingly infinite resources, how is there any hope for anyone?. The anger makes me think 'how could he do this to his family, friends. imagine what his bandmates are going through, his kids, so on. did he stop appreciating life because of said infinite resources?'

It's all totally irrational. I've only ever felt this way(not the resources thing, just complete helplessness) about one other death, and that was my brother.

• Like Like x 7
  8. Shockwavers

Shockwavers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    My deepest sympathies

• Like Like x 2
  9. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I've always felt that for people who have everything, they need to go camping or live in a cabin for a month or more and learn to re-appreciate what they have and take for granted every day. Sometimes we need a reset from society and the daily grind to open our eyes and realize everything that lies before us. There are plenty of people in this world who would do anything to have a safe roof over their head and a meal in their belly each day. This is why homeless people commit serious crimes, so they have shelter and food for the rest of their days. Yes, they're in prison, but they're no longer freezing and starving each day.

• Like Like x 3
  10. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    FUCK man :(  i love their music and what they did for the transformers series. RIP :rip .

All I can think is "in the end, it doesn't even matter" :( 

• Like Like x 2
  11. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

Such sad news, I grew up listening to Linkin Park and loved their music even though I stopped listening to them as much I remembered all the lyrics.

I'm gonna miss you Chester.

• Like Like x 1
  12. EmceeDel

EmceeDel Well-Known Member

Maybe Mike will continue with Fort Minor? It's too early to know.

RIP to a legend and thanks for this band being my gateway into hip hop and music. Own all their albums and they are and will be an important part of my life.

• Like Like x 1
  13. 2003 Megatron

2003 Megatron Banned

News Credits:
    Sad news. R.I.P

14. Smashs

News Credits:
    Hopefully.

I don't know if they will continue their tour this summer, but if they do I honestly don't think I could sit through it and hold myself together.

15. Shockwavers

Shockwavers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    My deepest sympathies for the loss of your brother

16. Smashs

News Credits:
    Thank you. It was seven years ago. It hasn't gotten easier, I've just learned to cope more efficiently.

17. AirjitzuRonin

AirjitzuRonin Member of the Bee Team

I send my deepest condolences to you and hope your brother rests in peace.

18. TwitchingFool0

TwitchingFool0 Well-Known Member

How depressing. As a major Linkin Park fan, this is just devastating. I can't even imagine how his band and family are doing. Crying right now.

19. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    Woah that's sad man. Too bad he couldn't wait one more day, he might have felt different tomorrow.

Just the other week it was Chris Cornell! What's going on.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

:rip  Such a tragedy.

Their songs have helped me through some tough times. I'm gonna miss his voice and all of his contributions. Wish he didn't have to go this way.

I'm gonna have to listen to One More Light, now.