Linkin Park’s Iridescent Confirmed For DOTM

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Chris Bot

Chris Bot AutoChrisbot

News Credits:
  2. Starscreamer69

Starscreamer69 Well-Known Member

Thanks to anyone who went through the trouble of finding a copy of the music video for us to watch. Good work, it's much appreciated. :) 
    As for the video, I was kind of expecting more after the awesome that was the New Divide music video clip, but that's just me. Maybe it's cause I got so hyped up about this video while scouring the net for watchable versions.
    Megatron transforming was beast though!

3. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Alright, they pulled the cape/cowl/hood off well. Thank goodness. Good to see they've been trying to make their animations more fluid. That Megatron transformation is one of the best we've seen.

4. Starscreamer69

Starscreamer69 Well-Known Member

Agreed. I think it's the only Megatron transformation that didn't happen in the blink of an eye too, if I recall correctly.

5. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    you don't remeber movie 1 midair tranformation?

6. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    i thought, when Megatron was transforming, it looked like a robo-caterpillar at first xD

7. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed...I STILL say the most epic transformation from either movies was at the end of TF1 when megatron was in Alt mode, and he came Straight down spinning, and transformed, and landed on his feet, and the slammed the ground...That is possibly my most favorite part in both movies thus far

I seen the same. Megatrons trasformation looked cool, but I noticed the parts like, caterpillaring into a lump of shit, then megatron stands up...I more prefer to SEE the truck parts move and become the robot..not just a CGI fuddling of parts then the bot stands up...it wasnt BAD..I would just rather see less of the "gazzillion parts moving" and more of seeing the parts that made up the truck move to robot mode.

I dont think you can keep your eye on a specific part and watch it move to robot...its more like a blackhole spinning all the parts into a robot..

Still cool....

8. Prime82

Prime82 Optimus knows all

I doubt they have to recut the video, they barely show anything. Everyone knows megatron is alive this time. The MTV streaming thing does get issues.

9. dinoraw

dinoraw Active Member

News Credits:
    so...why is it a world premiere...if only americans can watch it?

although thanks to the power of friends in far off places, i have managed to watch the music video now, ive got to say, and this is as a long long time linkin park fan, i miss the old LP :p  too slow for my liking, but the music video was still pretty awesome

i immedietly went to fondle my voyager DOTM figure after it had finished, it looked so badass, he had a really calm aura around him,and his transformation showed it, it doesnt seem like the angry impulsive megatron from the last 2, and it does seem like he is using his cloak to cover his shame and stuff, maybe we will be getting a less rash megatron this time around

i was wondering, since i know there are some...giffers? on this site if someone could make a quick gif of the megatron transformation, but yeah awesome music video

10. Nightmare966

Nightmare966 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Youtube is your friend guys!

Anyways, it looks like some effects needed a retweaking, but then again God knows when was this prepared. Liked Megatron's apparence, and also the brief look we get to see his face. And Sentinel Prime, YAY!

11. optimus124

optimus124 PSN ID - OPTIMUS124

Ebay:
    Saw the vid. Pretty decent. I do prefer the LP from their early days. Not a bad song, as I think it fits the movie.

I don't know, Barricade's transformation when he began his pursuit of BB got applause from the crowd in the theater (at least where I was)

Agreed, however it may be the additional FX in the vid that don't make it look clear. It may look a little better in the movie since its greyed out here and you will be able to see the component textures and color difference in the mode change. The cape in the wind was a nice touch.

12. Dave_6

Dave_6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm taking a guess that these are actual 'clips' from the movie. If so, I wonder if this sequence of him transforming is when
    he encounters the elephant in Africa and kills it as shown in the movie adaptation.
    Also the short clip of Shockwave matches the official pic that USA Today released a few minutes ago.

13. Splintershot

Splintershot Predacon?? ... Awesome

Is it me or is nobody else shocked with epicosity that we finally got to see Sentinel Prime's CGI model in action?! I know it was brief, but still c'mon, none of the trailers even showed him (same with Megatron, awesome)!

14. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Btw after staring at a freeze frame and comparing

BB is indeed punching Soundwave as to move him out of his way . You can tell by the thighs They have the SLS's Gullwing Doors on them.

15. Ult.Oprime

Ult.Oprime Active Member

did anyone else see megaton transforming in this music video!!!! this video actually reveal new dotm footage!!!!! :bay  :jawdropper: 

16. changepas39

changepas39 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really like the song! After reading the DOTM novel, the song is very fitting. I also really liked all of the DOTM footage!

17. caldo15

caldo15 Banned

News Credits:
  18. tomagnus

tomagnus question the answers

some movie footage = cool
    Song = total crap

19. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    I don't care how "fitting" the song is, I just didn't like it. It's quite forgettable IMO. But Megatron sent waves of awesometude through me that rocked my body like a seizure.

20. King of kings

King of kings Well-Known Member

Yep and I love how he pulls the tarpin over his face like that.