Liketoys Metroplex

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Littletree666, May 3, 2022.

1. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Which is also what people are doing. Raising the alarm and pointing out how unrealistic this project is, so people don't get (likely) taken by it.

• Like Like x 2
  2. trey carter

trey carter The hash slinging slasher

News Credits:
    Not quite. Everything should be met with a reasonable amount of suspicion and caution. For this particular product there seems to be more blatant hate than anything.

3. werewolfspice

werewolfspice Bat Chain Puller

Ebay:
    I can’t believe I actively stopped paying attention to this thread a good six months ago.

Got out of Transformers for a while, did some other stuff, eventually came back to Transformers.

Checked on this thread and NOTHING HAS CHANGED HERE.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Shanxs

Shanxs Open your eyes. Can't you see?

upload_2022-12-3_19-48-31.png

Santa gimme a big present. :D 

• Like Like x 4
  5. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    lol...a size 6 is far from a man sized shoe.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Jazzymouse

Jazzymouse Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    • Like Like x 1
  7. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    I'd love this guy if I collected Core or Legends scales.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dire 51

Dire 51 Line Stepper.

Why does this thing get so much hate? It's awesome!

9. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If the project had been allowed to stand on its own, it probably would've been better received.

But the builder decided to come on these boards and hype the project with all the communications skills of a sleazy snake-oil salesman, which cast a huge "take your money and run" shadow over the whole project, continuously promising unrealistic things with questionable financial targets.

• Like Like x 13
  10. mikequillm

mikequillm Well-Endowed Member

News Credits:
    Because we used to like mustangs. Now they are dead to me. Dead:oops: 

• Like Like x 7
  11. Pcsolyar

Pcsolyar JaAm Connoisseur

News Credits:
    The product seems like it will be awesome if it comes to fruition. It's the person making it that is getting the not-so-warm response

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dire 51

Dire 51 Line Stepper.

I get that. Bear in mind though, the best artists and engineers are seldom people-persons... or salespeople! Totally different skill sets.

13. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Banned

The guy rubbing everyone the wrong way doesn't appear to have anything to do with the actual creative process in this case.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Thighvastator

Thighvastator Well-Known Member

The Liketoys Metroplex itself is a real labor of love and everyone would like to see it being an actual mass product, the problem is not with Liketoys or even the Metroplex itself but the way the project is presented as something completely different by Hutz Lionel and Co.

Liketoys, who is one guy living in Beijing, has never mentioned anything about selling his stuff outside China's locals-only 3d printed goods marketplaces let alone having overseas representatives and designers that are working with him. He doesn't even have any social media that is in English for the business. If the Metroplex in Hutz Lionel's posts is indeed in Canada, then it was either bought through a proxy buying service or was re-sold to him (if that is even his house) by a Chinese customer of Liketoys, not because Liketoys sent it over to be "tested" by some Canadians.

The other 3d printed kits such as the Computron and 3d printed version of the Jinbao Devastator kit which did arrive to members of the Hutz group were most likely also similar transactions: Liketoys sold them to some local, the local marked it up and sold them to Hutz, Hutz then marked it up some more and sold them to his customers. All of that is fine, the issue is Hutz continuing to claim to be directly involved in Liketoys' operation, especially in a creative capacity, when he absolutely isn't. If he had just said he can pull some strings to make Liketoys products available for purchase by international customers because he knows some guy in China who can help do a group buy, it would have been a much more straightforward deal and wouldn't have caused so much drama.

And Jinbao recently announced that they will start shipping the mass produced version of the Liketoys Devastator upgrade kits later this month for $30 or so, which is a far cry from the kind of prices Hutz liked to mention for the 3d printed version of the same kit not even 6 months ago.

• Like Like x 5
  15. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So wait, this hutz guy has absolutely nothing to do with it and is just reselling 3d prints from the actual maker? And he's the same guy who wants to take money through some facebook group for this metroplex that he has nothing to do with? All while making claims about prices, factory production, his direct involvement, all while trying to pimp his mustang? I misjudged the creator of this metroplex if that's the case. He's got an unwanted PR clown profiting off him and ruining it for him and probably doesn't even know.

I wonder at this point if all the talk about this being worked on for factory production was ever real. Has the ACTUAL maker said anything that can be verified?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 9
  16. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

ha ha ha...this just got so much better...o_O 

i was always under the impression that like and hutz were the same guy. hutz has even stated a few times he was behind this and that he will basically shock the toy world and all that bs with his release. he even talks about his past toy experience when questions about his credibility are brought up. he talks about how made that 3p mouser and the turtle van and many other 3p things from the shadows.

but if hutz is indeed just some random jack off who is trying to middle man this out to the community. then he deserves all the shit he has been getting 10 fold.

this plex is fucking sweet as hell and one of the most amazing fan builds ever. but everything else that is attached to this isn't. so does this mean i should try and get my 1000 dollar deposit back?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  17. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So the Hutz dude literally named his professional company after the sleazy, lying attorney from the Simpsons, and people are surprised he's full of shit?

• Like Like x 11
  18. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):

Image not loading.

• Like Like x 3
  19. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Banned

He's playing fourth dimensional chess and we're all playing checkers.

• Like Like x 12
  20. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    I hope this goes to retail and is easy to obtain! I can now afford to buy this and the rest of ft fort max in a heartbeat when they drop ( and for the foreseeable future too )

• Like Like x 1