Liketoys Metroplex

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Littletree666, May 3, 2022.

1. trey carter

trey carter The hash slinging slasher

News Credits:
    I’m saying in a forum about TRANSFORMERS, the feelings reflected, whether positive or negative should be about the figure, not about a person that has had little interaction with most ppl in the forum for them to even formulate an adequate opinion. There’s too much: “well he said this about this, or how’s he gonna produce this at this price point.” I’ve never personally seen a company come in with a brand new product and someone say “oh that’s a scam (cash grab)” and many have purchased his printed kits. Other companies show up outta know where, and we gradually may learn their rep has worked with this company or that company etc. IJS can the focus be on The figure, and any feedback presented be made with the intention of creating the best product.

• Like Like x 3
  2. XIII

XIII TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This thread is getting stupid again. Do you all really want the mods to lock it?

• Like Like x 8
  3. Modulatah

Modulatah Well-Known Member

But that is my point, where is your outrage when HE insults other people / companies?

• Like Like x 2
  4. imest

imest Well-Known Member

Question,

Is Hutz Lionel = Troy???

upload_2022-5-20_10-34-52.png

Source: FaceCrap

Last edited: May 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  5. trey carter

trey carter The hash slinging slasher

News Credits:
    And my point is, he said what he said LET IT GO. I’m not advocating him I’m advocating the figure. He said it to one person. How are 50 ppl mad. In all fairness I don’t think ppl make 3rd party transformers for their health. They do it because there is some sort of passion there. I liken it to a form of art for the creator. Even though he’s a rep for a company, ultimately he’s a person creating something he likes. If it was me and someone was bashing my art while simultaneously questioning my integrity without any factual basis I WOULDA SAID MORE THAN lol you’re pathetic. Ultimately the let’s focus on the figure.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Dickyscrubbs

Dickyscrubbs A booby trap that catches boobies…

7FA4C909-73FF-4172-88E8-4D161ABADA16.jpeg

7. werewolfspice

werewolfspice Bat Chain Puller

Ebay:
    I just read all 29 pages of this thread from the beginning. You might be asking, "doesn't he have a life?"
    Nope. But also. Reaaaallly slow work day.

Anyway, this thread is the most entertaining thing on this forum. But most interestingly, a bunch of Hutz's posts, including a few that I've previously mentioned but was told I was grasping at straws about, have all disappeared. Also disappeared, any references made to Vectron Labs, except for a small handful very early on.
    A bunch of other posts that I definitely remember seeing have also disappeared. It's a shame. This thread was much better before people decided that maybe they were saying things they shoudn't say. But that won't change.

The most entertaining stuff comes from people defending the creator or this product when they're, NOT talking shit, but rather asking fair questions about unclear details of this product.
    The next most entertaining thing is the people who turned this thread into personal attacks against other members that they clearly don't like, and the shitshow that inevitable resulted.

Don't take my word for it, go back and read this whole thread for yourself, too. Watch the people that started out hopeful but skeptical that later begam attacking others to defend it for what looks like absolutely no reason. The good stuff starts around page 10.

• Like Like x 7
  8. werewolfspice

Ebay:
    Sadly a whole lot of people come off really badly in this thread. I tend to think a forum should only be locked in very particular situations but this one would be a good candidate for it, having read it all.

• Like Like x 1
  9. whydon

whydon Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to more updates on this and will applaud results.
    From my basic maths, something twice the height of Gen Metroplex will use 8 times the materials so will cost 8times as much. At ~$120*8 it still comes in just blow $1000 if all the engineering can scale directly.
    Even 3d printing this would probably cost $400 just for 40kg of very cheap filament so there is a lot to prove.
    I hope this works out as it is an awesome prospect to have such a huge figure.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Lazerlips

Lazerlips Well-Known Member

They should us a push button ratchet for the joints. When it was released, it should be able to hold the pose. I would hope fanstoys would do something similar with their fortress maximus. I'll probably never have space for either of these, but I can't wait to see some prototypes. I would hope it would bring back some magic of playing with the USS Flagg as a kid.

• Like Like x 12
  11. Destruktiw

Destruktiw G1 MP collector

Thank you my friend for your appreciation. Yes I think this is definitely my hobby and I want to fully dedicate myself with a lot of passion. I was always fascinated with Transformers even when I was little kid. I like them more than any other cartoon and I remember that I was pausing my video recorder and did frame by frame to see how transformation works. My mom told me that I will screw my video recorder but I didn't care. So I probably want toys because I want to revive my long lost happy childhood and that is only one reason. Other reason could be that I see those designs and transformations as an art. I remember when I saw TT Prowl review I was like wtf we have actually now more advanced Transformers. I was amazed and at the same time literally speechless. I find this hobby as some kind of escapism. I think I belong here. And I don't want to constantly ramble and bitch and argue with other members but rather be constructive and contribute to this community. I want to do some Transformers in 3d max (for example Technobots) and if people like it then try to sell it to maybe TE/DS. So I have some fantasies that TE/DS will accept my designs and we will actually have Technobots next year. I also want to do more Transformers even some that don't exist in a cartoon like more than five Dinobots. I would also like to have my own company producing Transformers toys but I need to invest money and also I'm not that good at business. Yes unfortunately I live in a third world country and salaries are poor. But I'm not going to give up. I'm thinking of travel to another, richer country and earn more money. I could do basically anything just to earn money for Transformers. Also I decided not to have wife and children and focus on Transformers. I just need more time for me to get deep into this hobby. And sometimes you just need to make sacrifices in life. Most people will find weird to colllect Transformers toys and I'm probably the only one in my country who is doing that. I told to my friend about collecting toys and his response was like wtf you are not little kid why you are doing that it's just stupid. But I didn't care. I am basically in this alone and on my own without any support. Also he is conservative and I'm free and open minded. I'm aware of obstacles that will affect my hobby. But then I don't want those things to kill my passion and enthusiasm. I'm going to fight with it. I am glad that this will last fir years so I can enjoy a lot of time collecting, seeing constantly new figures and other stuff like discuss on this forum. I feel like tfw2005 is my second house. As for space yes that could be a problem. I have all paintings hanging on walls in my room. I need to install shelves. I also have three rooms where I can also put my figures. I would like to have that glass cabinet and also make some diorama for figures. I want to be creative as much as I can. Also I need to be aware of paint chipping and other issues and possible breakages which is the last thing that want to happen. So I will be extra careful with figures and trasformation. Even if one small thing broke then it's over for me. But I'm pretty much optimistic and I believe those things won't happen at least not too often. Probably during collecting I will learn on mistakes and gain some expirience but that is inevitable. I think I'm ready for this. My time for Transformers is coming. My goal is to have all G1 Transformers. My only problem are those city bots because of money and space but I think that I will find some reasonable solution. Yes I like legends scale Transformers but right now I'm focusing on MP Transformers. Maybe later when I collect all that I want.

• Like Like x 2
  12. werewolfspice

Ebay:
    Well, best of luck to you my friend. I have nothing to add, but I will say this to you again because I’m also saying it to myself again today after seeing the New Age Grimlock: now would be a great time to collect Legends.

13. Ramjet555

Ramjet555 Well-Known Member

Because he's claiming he will make the biggest Transformer ever, mass produced, when he's never made a mass produced anything in his career, and is one guy. Shockingly, huge point of discussion when none of the actual leading 3P companies have done this.

Because nobody ever showed up claiming they're going to make the biggest Transformer ever for under $1,000 whilst never having mass produced anything ever in their career, and you can't equate some guy with a 3D printer making little kits to making a mass produced figure, much less the largest one ever. Do you see the trend here?

Every post you make is in support of him as a person and creator, which is totally fine man, knock yourself out, but it's clear there's a bias on your side. You are definitely advocating him.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's also the existing negative reputation in the community, which most new 3P companies don't have.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Anybody care to shed some light on this? Been in the FB group for a while and it seems pretty much like he lists things for sale and people just buy them.

16. Hoffman

News Credits:
    I'll admit I don't know the details, but am familiar enough with the negative reputation. While those may not always be warranted, usually when it comes to small business, there's something behind it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm not saying you're being disingenuous or being dismissive in the slightest but that's a pretty big claim to throw out with legit 0 context. It's appreciated that the potential of it is brought to light but if anyone does have anything substantial in this regard it'd be appreciated.

-----------------------

The only reason I'm playing Devil's advocate is fairness. Outside looking in it seems like a vocal few people don't like the way he responded to some posters (who outside looking in were being pretty passive-aggressive) and from there it's just continued to spiral into just writing anything to make it seem like this guy (or girl or them or whatever is appropriate in that respect) is a "bad person" for the sake of agenda. To the point even where this Trey person was borderline called a shill for simply asking that conversation get back to being focused on the product.

People have the right to step away from purchasing the product for any reason they want but at some point they themselves have to accept the choice that they've made and just do that vs. trying to rally others to go along with them (particularly if it takes straw-grabbing.)

If this product comes to fruition it's going to sell out immediately and be sold for double or triple the same day on the aftermarket regardless off whatever hate-parade has happened here. That's just how the market has and will continue to work.

------------------------

Regarding this Metroplex:

My biggest concern really is going to be the joint system used. I recently took down MakeToys' Utopia and posed it for a picture and man those ratchets feel pretty weak by today's standards to the point where I have no effing clue how it demands what it does on the aftermarket. With something more than double its size it's going to be interesting to see what they do in regards to having joints that feel "to standard" but not feeling like it's something where you have to use so much force that it feels like you're going to break it because no matter what this is going to have to be handled with two hands and bending the elbow hopefully won't feel like breaking a decently sized tree branch in half.

I also wonder about after-sales support in this regard, too. Being sold apparently direct it **is** a bit of a drawback for me personally to think about having to potentially deal with a company that may or may not provide it at all if something does happen to it. @Lionel Hutz ; Do you have anything that you can share with the community in terms of product support?

• Like Like x 8
  18. Dickyscrubbs

Dickyscrubbs A booby trap that catches boobies…

Christ… he, like many others want to see the product. Many are interested in seeing how this thing is gonna get made… yea is big …yea it’s gonna be expensive…yea it’s a massive undertaking for “apparently” one guy.
    Yea, a lot of unknowns are out there…how’s he gonna pull it off? how’s it gonna be mass produced? A lot of questions to be asked. Ask away…this is a forum.
    You’re just so dead set against anyone that not as f’n skeptical as you… Hutz hasn’t asked for a penny from anyone, it’s not up for preorder anywhere…so who fucking cares??
    Unclench your buttcheeks … see where this thing goes, and who knows it may not even end up getting made. Then you can have a party, say you were right all along and maybe someone will give shit.
    You’re entitled to your opinion… so is everyone else.
    Shit I couldn’t fit this in my house unless I sold a kid…doesn’t mean I don’t want see if a 4ft Metroplex can get made. Just tired of all the shit talking towards Hutz for not kissing everyone’s proverbial asses… Ever shit talk the person who serves/cooks your food?? Chances are they spit in it and served it to you with a smile.
    Give him a chance to execute the huge project he says he can produce. Maybe he’s brushing up on his etiquette on how to deal with skeptical customers …maybe he won’t call you “pathetic” the next time you ask him a question that not riddled with sarcastic bullshit overtones… yea and I’m not advocating for Hutz, I too am advocating for a 4 foot tall god damn Metroplex…
    I say good day…

• Like Like x 7
  19. werewolfspice

Ebay:
    Haha thanks for the shout out, homie. It was probably meant as an insult, but I don’t care. I just don’t want my position to get lost, which is that I want this project to succeed but I have concerns which I thought were pretty legit. But I’ve been wrong before.

I do feed off of the negative energy in this threads though. It is a smorgasbord to me, a known energy vampire.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Hoffman

News Credits:
    To be fair, all I really said was that he had a negative reputation, which had already been brought up before I ever posted in this thread. Then I was making a more general argument for calling out 'bad players' in the community when some people were questioning why anybody should care about anything but the actual product.

I don't know that much about Hutz, but the very little bit of negative reputation I've seen out there is a big enough red flag to be worth mentioning.

• Like Like x 1