Light Megatron,White Megatron,Light Starcream ,Light Double Dealer etc

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by galvatron1976, Jul 10, 2018.

1. galvatron1976

galvatron1976 Well-Known Member

I was refer to this topics Black Rodimus
    Black Rodimus Convoy - Transformers Wiki
    And Dark Hot Rod
    Dark Hot Rod - Transformers Wiki
    Rodimus Wars - Transformers Wiki

I wonder what if the story have Autobot have create good clones of Megatron ,Galvatron,Starscream or DoubleDealer ?
    Since this story could be based on Yin Yang concept ,could we have good side of Megatron .Galvatron ,Starcream or Double Dealer ?

Just image that Light Megatron wear the badges of Autobot and Light Double-Dealer wear badges of Decepticon .

In this story Light Megatron is a person who seek peace redemption etc and and his motto is let there be light.

Light Starcream is put loyalty first as his way of life ,never betray hisleader ,goive all his life to his leader .

or Light Doubledealer is robber who rob the rich and give all the loot to the poor with people mistaken him of evil with Deception badges on his chest ,he a Robin Hood.

What do you think.

Thanks.

2. Blunderzag

Blunderzag Generation Zero

Like a Nemesis Megatron?
    That's something I can get behind

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pichomp

Pichomp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait, I could be wrong but, isn’t Shattered Glass supposed to be that?

4. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    While the toys were great, the story is stupid and one I largely ignore.

5. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    I think it’s supposed to be a “Nemesis Prime” analogue for Megatron. Not SG Megatron, but an Autobot clone, much like how Nemesis Prime is a Decepticon clone of Optimus.

6. Pichomp

Pichomp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh ok. I wasn ‘t clear on the concept. That sounds pretty interesting actually.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Marvelboy1974

Marvelboy1974 Well-Known Member

Nemesis Megatron should be bronze with blue eyes...

Nemesis Starscream should be completely red with a blue chest and chrome fists, red face, blue eyes, and a chrome helmet

8. Marvelboy1974

Marvelboy1974 Well-Known Member

My color scheme for an autobot Starscream counterpart

Attached Files:

9. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

I don't think this would ever happen.

We've seen a lot of different stories of good characters getting evil clones but I can't think of a single example where a villain was cloned to make a heroic version of them.

Stories mainly focus on heroes overcoming villains. Some times that involves even fighting a dark clone of yourself. But what would be the purpose of making a light clone of a villain? Wouldn't that just give the heroes an unfair advantage and make for a boring story since there's no longer a challenge for them to overcome?

10. Blam320

News Credits:
    No, because it's the "good guy gets evil clone" motif applied to the villains. There's no guarantee that the good guys will be able to win with a "good" clone of the main bad guy.

11. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

You totally missed the point...

The point of an evil clone is for the hero to have something to overcome, an enemy with all the same powers but usually none of their weaknesses.

If you do the same thing in reverse it's totally pointless because then you get a hero with all the same powers as the villain but none of their weaknesses. So it pretty much guaranteed that this new hero is going to win because the good guys always win anyway but now it's not even a challenge for the good guy to win because he's instantly made to be more powerful the villain.

The whole point of an evil clone is lost when you reverse it. It's suppose to be a challenge for the hero to overcome not an over powered hero the villain can never hope to defeat.

12. Blam320

News Credits:
    No, you’re the one missing the point. You’re automatically assuming that the good guys are perfect and can never lose, which is completely false. The bad guys can win their share too.

You’re also assuming that the good clone would have no weaknesses whatsoever, which is also false, considering evil clones also have weaknesses.

13. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

1. I'm not assuming, it's a fact. Name one work of fiction where the bad guys win? You can't do it because it's never happened. The good guys always win, every freaking time. It doesn't always work that way in real life but we're not talking about real life, we're talking about fiction.

And I know this is going to come up so let me just remind you that Infinity War is only part one of a two part story. Thanos only wins because if the good guys won in part one there'd be reason to make a part 2. Basically temporary victories don't count. There has never been a story where the bad guys actually win. Whatever victories they get are always undone in later stories because fiction is all about good overcoming evil.

Oh Suicide Squad doesn't really count either because there aren't really any heroes in that story. The bad guys win against other bad guys.

2. Not always. Some clones do have the same weaknesses but they're kinda boring as the hero only needs to take advance of their own weakness to defeat the enemy. Clones with non of the weaknesses are harder to beat. Either way due to the first rule, the good clone is going to win.

14. Blam320

News Credits:
    You're being a real stick in the mud. There doesn't need to be a supporting story to get a "nemesis" repaint of Megatron into an Autobot. Just like how Nemesis Prime doesn't get a lot of story appearances, but gets repainted from Optimus easily.

15. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

Well that's true, Hasbro does produce a lot of toys of characters who never appear in fiction. Though personally I never got into those figures.

Still I think the closest thing you're going to get to that is SG Megatron. He's already mostly white to begin with so recoloring him into a white Autobot repaint wouldn't look much different from the normal Megatron or his SG counterpart. Like that light Starscream someone posted a while back pretty much just looks like SG Starscream.

One way that might help differentiate them... Nemesis Prime kinda looks like a shadow due to all the black. So maybe a light clone of a villain should look like a literal light, like their whole body is glowing. And going for the whole yin and yang thing, I think Nemesis Primes eyes tend to glow a little brighter than normal Transformers. Maybe this is an optical illusion caused by his dark colors making the eyes seem brighter in contrast, I'm not sure. But a light version of an evil character might have muted colors where there should be light, so the eyes aren't as bright as they should be in contrast with the glowing the rest of their body is doing.

Problem with this is it doesn't really translate well into a toy. The best I can figure is make parts that would normally be translucent plastic solid colors and make the normally solid colors translucent. Though then someone might just think it's Starscream as a ghost rather than a light clone.

There actually was a light Unicron in Armada that I most completely forgot about. He was made of a bunch of Mini-cons and I don't think there was ever a toy of this. Not really a true clone since it was basically just all the Mini-cons comming together into the shape of Unicron and glowing.