Life goals

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by drippy, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

Well in a way no, but where I am is better.
    When I was in college I wanted to work in government, hence my Political Science degree. I thought I would be working on a U.S. Representative's staff (if Bernie Omann got 2000 more votes in 94' I almost certinaly would have been).

Along the way I developed a mistrust and dislike for government. My political views became more and more conservative. Because of this I would not be able to achive this goal, nor would I want to.

I started working at a restaurant while in college. I continued on there after graduation. Through the years I thought about doing other things, but I kept on there.

Now I am 32 years old (33 in June, god I am old) and I own the store (part owner to be exact). I would have never guessed this 10 or 15 years ago.

I also, all of those years ago thought I would have been married by now, with children. Well I would have never thought that women would treat me like crap (that word is too nice to describe how I have been treated by women, but I can not think of a better word), and I would still be single. In a way I am happy with this. I probably well never get married, and I have no desire to, at this time.

2. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I never really planned ahead and just took life as it came and did what I had to do to survive until the next day.

Now at 30 (31 in a few weeks) I presently have a stable job that I like and am good at, I have a loving wife and 4 wonderful sons. At this point my main goal in life is to make sure my family is provided for and never wants for anything. That is one of the driving forces behind most every nerly decision I make these days.

3. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

World domination by 32.

4. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i'm not where i expected to be but i roll with the punches.

still, 5 more years (by 35) towards a 5 digit salary and 5 years after that (by 40) to produce a film/establish myself creatively.

5. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

29 with 3 wonderful kids, a great wife, and a job in law enforcement. Changed my mind after a couple of years of that and now after 5 years of it I'm looking for something new.

6. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

Seems like a lot of you are where you want to be and even more seem to know where they're headed and how to get there. Rockin. Thanks for sharing.

7. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Other than not having finished school yet, everything else has seemingly fallen in place. I would love to be married and start a family by 28, though. Only 24 right now, so plenty of time!

8. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

I wanted to have a child by 28 and managed that. I didn't expect to have two by the time I was 30 though.

9. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

This will be my 25th year (in June), and I still don't know what I want to do with my life ! HURRAY !! And I'm happy about it.

10. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    I never made any plans to be at a certain place in life at a certain age because I'd just get horribly depressed when those plans inevitably fell through.

I'll be 28 in a month's time and as of right now, I have a job that I love and constantly excell at, a loving and supportive family, I own my own vehicle, and I have only $7000 worth of payments left on my college loans and $600 left on my one and only credit card. By October I hope to be a first-time home owner, and eventually I'd like to settle into monogamy with the right person, quit smoking for good, and take up jogging or cycling.

11. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

I'm 20 and will be turning 21 in less then 2 weeks. And not sure if I want to be I got general ideas of what I want but I didnt plan to be there by then somethings still need to fall in place. That said compared to when i was 19 and such I've come a long way from where I was and still got a long way to go. But hey no one said life was easy or fair so I'll deal with it as it comes

12. TrickyDisco

TrickyDisco <b><font color=blue>Voted TFW2005's Sexiest Female

News Credits:
    I'll turn 30 next year, which is depressing enough. :peoples: 

The only thing that seems to be going right-ish is that I have a well-paid job. I always imagined that when I grew up, I was going to look drop-dead gorgeous, have a great guy, darling kids, place of my own and be admired by my peers.

Instead I just turned into a geek. :p  I so rock. :rock  :D 

13. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i'm conforming to spite the anti-conformist.

i'm anti-anti-conformist! so rad.