Liam Neeson as Optimus Prime...(if Cullen cant for some reason)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OptimusPancake, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Are you from the SG universe...I don't think executives would care if it appeals to the fans provided they make a lot of moola.

That would be cool thou....However in my mind Vector Prime should be voiced by Malcolm McDowell. Maybe he can voice a heroic and good guy Sentinel Prime or Zeta Prime.

2. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

Neeson would make a solid Ultra Magnus; it'd be great to see he and Cullen playing off each other. Peter needs to stay on as Prime in the inevitable re-boot..

3. Soundkaiser

Soundkaiser 3D Animator And Windblade's Conjunx Endura

News Credits:
    being a different race (not that it really matters) as peter cullen, i honestly practiced his voice, and i've been told to sound just like him

4. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Maybe I am from the SG universe... ;) 

Well, "Vector Prime" was basically just a stand-in name for my idea. Vector Prime, Sentinel Prime, Zeta Prime, whatever Prime, Alpha Trion, etc.. The point is, a character that would harken back to Cullen as Optimus. You know, Cullen cameoing as an important Prime or Prime-like character. Not just as Joe-Schmo-Bot. Vector Prime was just an example. :) 

5. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Out of established names - voice actors, Hollywood actors - I honestly think the only guy who could possibly do Prime justice in place of Cullen would be Keith David. He did Goliath in Gargoyles and would make an absolutely AMAZING Prime imo. Hands down one of the best voice actors out there.

6. Autobot Adam

Autobot Adam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He sounds sort of in between a Sentinel Prime voice and Optimus voice, though he would be good for a back up prime.

7. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Neeson would hands down be my next choice. Before bay had cast the movie he already had certain actors in mind as his template for the characters. Neeson being prime was oneand id love it

8. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    Hm..no offense, guys, but i really dont want Chalk as Prime. :(  His Primal was ok but his take on Armada Prime was...hm..well, i just didnt like. :( 
    Neeson sounds like a very good options, especially cause he can go from a calm character to an angry, fighting type in a sec. ^^ For some reason Darkman's mood changes come to mind now mixed with "Give Me Your Face!" sort of scene. XD

9. TheSCATTORSHOT

TheSCATTORSHOT Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm all for Edward Asner as Alpha Trion or Jason Done (Guy from Waterloo Road) doing Topspin. Oh and replace Roadbuster's VA with James McAvoy.

10. Shockwave69

Shockwave69 Supreme Leader

that doesnt really make sense

11. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Having Cullen make a voice-cameo as a Prime-like character in future Transformers media? Seems pretty cut-and-dry to me.

Same situation as Adam West or Kevin Conroy continuing to voice Batman-related characters on various series when they don't actually play Batman himself. It's a nod to the fans.

12. Crainy

Crainy Well-Known Member

Mhhhh. No. There is only one Optimus Prime, and thats Cullen. No Cullen = No Optimus.

13. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    ^*Cough*Garry Chalk*Cough*

14. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    If Megatron had been less animal esque, and more g1 esque like Optimus, I think Neeson would make an excellant, credible, non moronic Megatron. Heck he'd work great for Rachet if the role was bigger. Id be ok with his involvement regardless of the role, and who knows, he's in the new Hasbro movie, Battleship. Maybe thatll be his door opener at Paramount for a,Transformer sequel.

15. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Honestly, I feel that people with this mindset are just limiting their own horizons.

16. Starwave

Starwave Herald of Unicron

I may not be the biggest fan of the movies, but they brought us back Peter Cullen. Because the movies were so successful he made his triumphant return as Optimus in a series for Prime. Let's just focus on how wonderful it is that he is here again, instead of think of a possible successor for now.

17. frenzyXprime

frenzyXprime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    While I think Liam Neeson would be an amazing Magnus the first person who comes to mind for Optimus after Peter for me is Sam Elliott. I would love to hear him as either an older Optimus or another Prime.

18. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

i vote this guy. not montrealer - no optimus.

guy

19. PrimusVsUnicron

PrimusVsUnicron Well-Known Member

Cullen or gtfo

20. Skywarp2413

Skywarp2413 Well-Known Member

I think, for the movies that is, Cullen should be the one to voice Optimus. Neeson would, however, be the perfect Ultra Magnus (or, God forbid they make a reboot, a great Ratchet :D )

I do, however, support other versions of Optimus in the cartoons, like David Kaye in Animated.