Li Bingbing Joins TF4!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Albershide, May 20, 2013.

1. 420bot

420bot ******

We need a hot asian... so... get bingbing.

Jesus, she will become the new Kevin Bacon before this decade is over.

2. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What would be wrong with pandering to the Chinese. Follow the money. . .

3. alfred p. sloan

alfred p. sloan Well-Known Member

Ugh.. More bad news. I have been a fan of the first 3 movies but this ones giving me shudders ... The Chinese movie producing and Michael bay slapping in marky mark when the rock was busy...

4. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

I'm a good part Chinese and grew up around friends and family that had similar names. Despite that, for some reason, bingbing really tickled by funny bone.

5. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Given that TF4 is shooting this summer, then of course we're going to get the human casting details now, or did you not pay attention to the pre-production/production process of the previous three movies? Christ, this fandom...

6. Matt Starr

Matt Starr Well-Known Member

......young enough for WHAT? Why does she need to be beautiful to you?

....the hell....

7. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh please - no need for sticks to be lodged so far up our asses that we go completely devoid of humor on these boards. Yes, Bingbing does sound funny to me - not because I'm ignorant of any culture, but simply because it sounds funny. I find the names used in the Simpsons when Bart prank calls Moe funny too.

Really, If I overhear an Englishman on the phone saying "I'm easy - I just had a few faggots and a spotted dick...yeah, I'm just having a *** before I'm off"

Then I'm going to laugh - because it's funny!!

(I'm easy - I don't mind)
    (faggots - British food)
    (spotted dick - British food)
    (*** - smoke)

Likewise if I hear an American saying "Yeah, hun I'm getting off in a bit - I'm just going to grab Brittney's fanny pack, pick up some seed for her rough faced shag and then we...what's that? Yeah, I don't get why birds eat that much either, but like I was saying we'll be home in time for that movie "Roger the Rabbit""

Then I'm going to laugh - because it's funny!!
    (getting off - sexual climax)
    (fanny - vagina)
    (rough faced shag - a bird, but also a bearded male whom you intend to have sex with)
    (bird - girl)
    (Roger - have sex with)

Just because it's a different culture than yours doesn't mean that you can't have fun with it - let's not be that overly sensitive just for the sake of being overly sensitive, have a few laughs and maybe share some things that might sound funny from your own culture instead...for example,

1. "bra" in my native tongue means good
    2. "prick" means dot
    3. We have a huge food chain called "Willy:s" (that's penis in British English with a smiley after it)
    4. we have elevators that have to buttons: "hit, ned"
    5. "suck" means to sigh
    6. I used to have a teacher named "Jerker"
    7. "fack" means compartment
    8. "slut" means it's over (hey even the explanation is a joke) or that something has ended
    9. "fart" means speed
    10. "Gun Hellsweek" is our old defense minister (well, that's how'd an Englishman would pronounce her last name at least)
    11. "Fitta" was a car model that couldn't be sold in Sweden because it means the c word in swedish
    12. a certain pastry...go to 2min 30sec in to see it mentioned:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLCKZ-K-GvE

why a video? Because there is a line, and this one almost crosses it. (Btw, check out big steves vid's - it's AWESOME, he has done an entire video series about how funny the differences can be between two cultures, just like what we're talking about here.

Now...if you were to be put in any situation where you run in to situations where you learn about this, or hear some jokes about it now that you know and don't laugh I think I'd be much more disappointed in you than I would be outraged over that someone dared to type something fun.

My name is Daniel, and if anyone wants to brighten someone's day by using my name in a joke, (go with Dan like someone said in a previous post if that helps) because it sounds funny to your culture then by all means do it - brighten someone's day up a little.

8. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    lol, typical movie thread

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    The best option of all is obviously Kelly Hu.

Obviously this is going to be a chinese pandering film and it does make sense since ROTF is the highest grossing film in that country's box office.

10. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Lovely girl.

11. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

That made me laugh soo hard!!!:) 

12. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator

News Credits:
    Not sorting through 8 pages of hate to see if this has been posted yet, but here's the official release:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/para...ng-of-chinese-actress-li-bi/10151609959792072

13. johnchow604

johnchow604 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmm, 'Fan Bing Bing' in Transformers 4, and 'Li Bing Bing' in X-Men Days of Future Past.

I guess Hollywood wants to make more impact on the Chinese box office by using Chinese actors.

14. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    um, yeah.

15. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Yup. You can always count on a news article thread about China or Asia to bring in the (barely) closeted racist/misogynistic/politically insensitive remarks from folks on the Interwebz.

Bai Ling, dear gods no. I hope she stays far away from this project as possible.

As someone else said, what's wrong with pandering to China? Money's money, and as the makers of Red Dawn found out, alienating and offending more than a fifth of the world's movie-going audience was a bad move box office-wise (thus the evil invaders in the film magically became North Koreans). American (or the West in general) exceptionalism is just as pandering.

I'm sure Hasbro and Bay realize that there is a huge market of Transformers fans in China (and the rest of Asia in general) that they want to tap into, and they'd be stupid to ignore it. I'm kinda tired of this prevailing attitude that somehow Asians are only good enough to design and make our wicked cool transforming toys but are somehow not good enough to be a part of the fandom or participate in the media as equals.

Anyway, I hope Li's casting brings a touch more international flair to the franchise outside of seeing Ken Jeong in his underpants or what have you. But then again, it's Bay so I'm setting my expectations low here.

16. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Great news! I like her a lot, have seen several of her movies "The Forbidden Kingdom", "Resident Evil: Retribution", etc. :) 

17. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

She's cool. Her last name is actually Li. Not bingbing lol.

18. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

I like her already. I feel bad she's going to be in this movie.

19. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    This.

20. lemonherb

lemonherb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I remember reading a recent article about Iron Man 3 regarding partial production in China is a trend to attract Chinese audiences to movies, as they are one of the fastest growing markets for big action movies.

So this seems more like a Hollywood move to try to make more cash

That aside, I do like Li Bingbing's work, though mostly what I've seen is her Chinese movies.

Having seen her in RE and also the DVD extras, her English is definitely pretty hard to understand so she had to have been over dubbed in RE. That may also explain why she didn't have many lines in the movie. I anticipate the same in any subsequent movie she's in.

And I think women in their 40's are under represented in this type of genre, and I don't mind seeing a few more. It's not like the real world is populated by under 30's