LG-EX Grotusque and Repugnus

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Bountyan, Jul 28, 2018.

1. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    blitzwing to flywheels isnt obvious though considering he wouldnt be a duocon. in that respect the flywheels we got makes a lot more sense. i mean how would people feel if blitzwing got repainted into overlord?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cykill 1

Cykill 1 Well-Known Member

Hopefully I can find this set for a cheaper price.  I really like the look of this set.

3. geekatron prime

geekatron prime The Good, the Bad, & the Geeky TFW2005 Supporter

They did the springer mould into Battletrap, so I can see them using Blitzwing for Flywheels.

• Like Like x 2
  4. tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yea, but a lot of funpub exclusives were reaching

• Like Like x 1
  5. geekatron prime

Yeah, can't argue with that.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because there is a G1 Blitzwing repaint in His colours and Funpab already made the other one as a Triplechanger

7. tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    so a super niche convention exclusive for a more or less defunct company and a super niche miscolored reissue in the more or less defunct platinum edition line makes another repaint from the parent company obvious? still gonna have to disagree. now if funpub had considered doing it but passed then id have to agree, but as is its really not a very obvious reuse because it removes part of what made the character unique in the first place

8. Max Tower

News Credits:
    Well If you really want me to push the point then I could say make some Titans Returns Megaton Repaints too - but i'd rather have repaints of the Seige one.

What may be obscure to you is an obvious hole in my collection to me.

9. tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    it doesnt matter that i think its too obscure, from a practicality stand point its too obscure. think about it for a second, why would hasbro do a companion piece for something released by funpub? only the inverse has ever been true. its a hole you created in your collection, that you knew you were risking when you bought a convention exclusive that was 1/2 of a subgroup

10. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    They won't, but it's best to just think of Botcon Battletrap as CHUG Blue Bacchus.

11. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Repugnus is a mild remold away from being Squeezeplay. I'd then do Horri-Bull from Wolfwire, and since my idea of simply adding a removable wing back pack to the Wolfwire mold will trigger all three Fangry fans, go ahead and give Grotusque a new head.

12. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Totes McGrotes regret not pre-ordering these with our local import guy.

• Like Like x 1
  13. geekatron prime

I don't have that figure anyway, so no skin off my butt. :D 

14. Max Tower

News Credits:

I don't own the Botcon toy - I wanted the Red Flywheels repaint because it's a logic upgrade in my mind based on the existance of the related Titanmaster vehicle & I'm not slavish to things being G1 when the setting isn't G1 - Besides the Seige One doesn't match the Power of The Primes one either, But just like I want a Red Wing "seeker" bcause I want it. There doesn't have to be a huge number of reasons - I Just liked the idea I think the tank mode would look good in that colour - and it's an ideal partner to the existing small toy which can make his weapon.
    I consider it logical and appropriate as much as the Leo Convoy colour repaint of Alpha Trion was.

It's not like it makes any less sense that Tidal Wave either - if they ever decide to go back and do some more gift sets - it's exactly what I'd like to have.

-----

Oh and the Dinobots might have some remould potential too for other characters. But it's easier to start with something Headmaster compatible.
    Fangry would be the super obvious thing for the boxed set or other collector focused releases too - and the reasons are similar too - as he also has a Titanmaster he can mini-me with - which is a play pattern concept I like.

It's also why I lament the lack of a Rollar + Optimus Prime Titanmaster or an Arcee repaint Titanmaster too. Conversly I'd like a Outback Titanmaster too.

The advantage here is any character that has another alternative face gets the option to have both in a round about way too.

15. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Flywheels has been a Triple Changer before. I'm glad that we got him as a Duocon, but he still made more sense as the Blitzwing retool than Doubledealer did.

It's funny you should mention Overlord too, because back in the Thrilling 30 days there were a lot of people pushing for just that. Again, what we got was better, but it is what it is.

16. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I imagine the Headmasters/Titanmasters will return, just as POTP succeeded Combiner Wars.

With Titan Trypticon already released, and Omega Supreme on the way, only Scorponok remains from the Titan poll. I'm guessing he'll be accompanied by a new line of Head/Titanmasters (or whatever they choose to call them), and there's bound to be a bit of remolding of earlier figures going on.

17. Vector Oracle

Vector Oracle Well-Known Member

*drools at lovely box pictures*

So the Headmasters have different names then. Huh. Nice that Takara went all-in with the Battle Beast references instead of just having the Headmasters be smaller versions of the bigger TFs like the Headmasters anime. I'm definitely looking forward to this since I missed out on Grotusque when he came out.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Cykill 1

Cykill 1 Well-Known Member

Wouldn\'t it be neat if they do a Titan Scorponok with was released with Beast Wars figures?  Making the whole line as animals/beasts.

• Like Like x 1
  19. WereDragon EX

WereDragon EX Well-Known Member

For people that have the Monsterbots, while I'm aware that there was extensive retooling between all of them to give them distinctive appearances, how different are their transformations from each other?

20. geekatron prime

Everything from the waist down is pretty much the same, the upper body transformations are quite different between the three of them.

• Like Like x 1