LG-EX Grotusque and Repugnus

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Bountyan, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They did some of the "Generations" Targetmaster-Minicons I have several of them - they could have done some more sure - to give a partner to the likes of Windcharger would have been nice - would have been a good way to do some more UK style Minicon Blind bags too or even the small boxed ones they did a lot of during the Unicron Trilogy Era. There isn't a huge number of Headmasters we are missing - more would have been nice though. LG Targetmasters will likely just be packed in with regular figures - But a few more would have been nice for sure - especially Nightbeat & Fracas.

I can see Takara selling Prime Masters and the armour in the future in giftsets if they wanted too.

I would suggest that not having all of the Prime available in a line called "Power of The Primes" can be considered a bit of an oversight.

2. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure TFCC's plan was to release a Brainstorm redeco as Devcon with Slizardo as his TM. And Slizardo would have been straight up white leo with Blurr's faceplate with a lizard deco. Slizardo even has the eye patch (on the opposite eye).

• Like Like x 2
  3. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    Aren't the Headmasters painted more in this release?

4. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    Yes, I was one of them. I honestly thought they had more paint. Oh well...

5. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The hope was that since they are part of the LG line and not the STANDARD line that there would be improvements over Hasbro, especially since the price point is higher than the previous TT PotP releases.

6. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Here’s hasbro grotesques headmaster for comparison, it looks identical to the takara pictures
    99447584-CB66-441C-8B52-6E3E436E9034.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  7. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    What improvements?! Hasbro’s Repugnus and Grotesque are already painted to be just like their original toys and they weren’t big characters in headmasters. They had one epsiode and maybe 1 minute of screen time and Toei’s character models are just like the toys.

There is nothing to improve and being a higher price point than potp means nothing because they’re exclusives

• Like Like x 4
  8. 80sforged

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My Dastard just has a splotch of greyish paint on his face, no separate color for the eyes. Maybe I got a crappy one. I loved how the detailing on TT's White Leo headmaster and was hoping for a similar level of detailing. The Repugnus that came with LG Brawn is pretty much the cartoon head. If I get this set to go with my LG Doublecross, I am definitely using that head for him.

9. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:

Sure but you’re also saying “I intend to use another head for him in robot mode” meaning you don’t even use it even will see the headmasters tiny head because it’ll be mostly be in repugnus’s robot more

10. 80sforged

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like to have display options and would be happiest if the LG versions had a comparable level of detail for the headmasters. I have the Hasbro release of Doublecross, so the Hasbro Repugnus and Grotusque will go together, while the LG Repugnus will get the cartoon head, and along with LG Grotusque go with LG Doublecross to complete the team. I have the Hasbro releases, but plan on getting the LG ones since they will likely be the same price after market or cheaper given how much Grotusque has gone up in price.

11. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

Man, I was excited for this since it's suppose to be an 'LG-EX" release.... Until I got to the part about it not being any different then Hasbro's.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just want a Grotesque and Repugnus.

• Like Like x 1
  13. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Im just happy to get both in a set.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Wh33ls

Wh33ls Original G1 kid, and loves Beasties as much, eh!

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Meh, since amazon is in the process of shipping my order of repugnus, and I already bought grotusque, I'm good on passing on this set, unless something goes totally, completely wrong/sideways with my amazon order, I'm more than happy to let others gun for this set.

• Like Like x 1
  15. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, some people so desperate to exalt Takara, when the bottom line is that it's the exact same toys - with less accessories - for a higher price.
    Still, as has been pointed out, if you missed out or otherwise were unable to get the Hasbro version(s) at retail price, this is an excellent opportunity to easily pick up these two, and I'm glad people have the chance.
    I just don't understand cheerleading TT like they're doing something extra special for the fans by offering less product at a higher price.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It works out cheaper for many non-US fans. Hasbro UK is cr*p when it comes to stuff like this.

• Like Like x 3
  17. W-P38

W-P38 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Which speaks directly to the improper use of terminology, i.e. referring to concepts that are assumptive (e.g. assuming TT is "better" or here to offer "improvements"). Assuming a difference does not, as the announcement does, categorize that difference as an "improvement". That's for the collector to decide, so the language in announcements ought to be neutral, despite people's improper assumptions. Don't assume; just look at the figures. We're generally on the same page, you just don't see the argument.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  18. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

Repugnus might still be available, but has everyone that has a Grotusque had a hard time finding for a good price or is he still available somewhat?

19. Thylacine2000

Thylacine2000 Well-Known Member

Grotusque shows up sporadically on Amazon and eBay, don't jump higher than $50. I found it for $40 on Amazon just 2 weeks ago.

20. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Sad Derpfester Noises

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1