LG-EX Big Powered Revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Shin Densetsu, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

That's pretty much how I felt. I didn't think it was a good base for the Seekers (too large mostly, if they scaled the mold down to voyager I could more easily accept the changes for a Seeker mold).

• Like Like x 1
  2. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    The seekers weren't helped by the lack of paint, especially on the wings in robot mode. It really hurt their look. They also weren't color-blocked consistently but that's nothing new for Hasbro.

• Like Like x 2
  3. WereDragon EX

WereDragon EX Well-Known Member

I don't really have anything against the Seekers being made from that mold per se, but I think doing that may have caused people to get fatigued of it (didn't Skywarp shelfwarm like crazy?). I think the shape of that mold was about right for Sky Shadow though, if you wanted to go the route of a Sky Shadow that solely transformed into a jet.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

I didn't get the TR one cause of the size but yeah, I could have gone with a leader sized pure plane one (to clarify, a version of that the Skyfire mold in voyager only for the Seeker variate is what would have been prefect to me, not the mold in general)

5. BombSquad

BombSquad Commander Broadside Proponent

News Credits:
    Iirc they didnt release the Generations deluxe until years after the Hasbro one. I think because Takara usually doesn't release Hasbro repaint, and Black Shadow has been a repaint of someone else twice, they just skip him in favor of the main mold use.

6. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agree and I hope that there will be Takara version of Metalhawk with some metallic paint on it

• Like Like x 2
  7. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    The original toy didn't have Overlord's legs

• Like Like x 4
  8. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    I'm guessing because he's pretty much a nobody (he's in only 1 or 2 episodes). Being a large Decepticon toy might be part of it too. I think Black Shadow has more cachet in the US than he does in Japan at this point. His inclusion in Titans Returns was also to get all the Phase Sixers out in the line. So making him a retool of Overlord made the most sense, and from Takara's perspective it was probably not a great idea for them to release him in the Legends line. Especially when they probably wanted to make Overlord something special. It's probably similar to the reason why the Jetfire retooled Seekers weren't released in Japan (despite being popular characters - too big and possibly not befitting of the portrayal of the character).

Yup, years later in the Adventure line. Despite Thunderwing coming out years earlier in United.

• Like Like x 2
  9. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Various characters that weren't Headmasters were released as Headmasters still by Takara, most of which with no retooling from the Hasbro version. Takara doesn't mind the changes, and usually acknowledges and explains the reason for the change in their fiction. They even acknowledged base modes and fan modes the figures can do, so they would have explained away the new alt-mode on Black Shadow fairly quickly.

The only major reason they didn't release Black Shadow is the same as Sentinel Prime really: With Takara, they put out less releases than Hasbro at retail and in general, so they skipped some of Hasbro's pretools and most of the repaints. They even skipped over Rumble, despite the new head and the connection to Soundwave.

Instead some of those pretools ended up wholly or just partially as exclusives, or Takara gave the mold their own spin like making characters like Lio Convoy and G2 Megatron. In many ways, Dai Atlas here is their Black Shadow spin, backed up with extra tooling only a TTMall exclusive can buy.

As for Liokaiser, given the work they did with the other combiners they probably would have retooled a new mid section, but the only reason they completely skipped him is because Unite Warriors ended, so no combiner box sets right now. If they do start up again down the road, I'm sure we'll get a Liokaiser from them since they have Hasbro's as a fine base line to start with.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Thundermania

Thundermania Banned

That's not the point.

11. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire Banned

News Credits:
    Preordered at BBTS. I'm way more excited over this than anything in the Siege line.

• Like Like x 7
  12. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Agreed. I really wanted TR!Metalhawk, but not enough to shell $100+ for a gift set. (Didn't help that I didn't have the funds for it anyway...)

And I still think it'd be awesome to pack a hypothetical Takara version of TR!Metalhawk with the Metalhawk armor from POTP.

• Like Like x 3
  13. King Glurch

King Glurch I’m gonna miss you when I’m gone

YouTube (Legacy):
    My wallet just ran away after it read my comment. :eek: :p 

• Like Like x 2
  14. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
    Boom. Pre ordered as well but through TFsource for the free shipping. :buttrock 

I would say my excitement is on par with the Siege line. :) 

15. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

I'm probably the one person who likes the tank mold. It's no Rook but overall it's still a dead on Brawl and ended up a pretty dead on Killbison/Drillhorn as well. Then again I was also lucky to pick up Hasbro Brawl pretty late and at that point the chest wasn't loose anymore so I never had to go through that whole ordeal.

• Like Like x 2
  16. combinerlover

combinerlover MONSTRUCTOR's BFF ;)

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah , I skipped it as well , My hopes ( And I maybe DREAMING ) Are that we actually get PRETENDERS some time down the line in the WFC TRILOGY ? * Fingers crossed * I suspected some thing Pretender related for POTP and every one said ` No way ! ` ..But we shall see .. ;) 

17. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Well, the question I ask myself is: where do we go from here?

Let’s do a checklist of the headliners that have been completed.
    - 84 Dinobots, Reflector set & Insecticons. Done.
    - 85-86 Triplechangers & Combiners. Done.
    - 86 Movie figures. Done.
    - 87 Headmasters, Combiners & Clones. Decepticon Targetmasters and Duocons. Done.
    - 88 Ginrai, Overlord, Monsterbots, Doubledealer, Pretenders. Done.

Coming Soon:
    - 84 Omega Supreme.
    - 89-90 random patrol team members.
    - 90 Big Powered

Missing stuff:
    - random remaining casseticons & minibots (75% likely)
    - 87 Autobot Targetmasters (95% likely)
    - 87 Decepticon Snapdragon, Apeface & Scorponok (95% likely)
    - 88 remaining Autobot Powermasters, Headmaster Jrs & Raiden (33% likely)
    - 88 Decepticon Headmaster Jrs & Firecons (33% likely)
    - 88 Seacons (66% likely)
    - 89 Deathsaurus and Star Saber (99% likely)
    - 89 Liokaiser and Dinoking (!?%)
    - 89-90 Small teams, bases and vehicles (??)

The list is not comprehensive and those percentages are just my guesses. It’s obvious that HasTak had to redo the early G1 cause they were running out of big headliners from the latter years to remake.

• Like Like x 4
  18. combinerlover

combinerlover MONSTRUCTOR's BFF ;)

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    BRAVO , my friend ..Truly ... I too wonder what the plan s are from here on ....It excites me really ...Can`t wait to see ..

19. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
    Caved. Ordered LG EX Greatshot as well. :p 

I will be adding KO MP Star Saber as soon as I find a reputable seller for one on eBay. :D 

• Like Like x 2
  20. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Headliners have been covered fairly well, but there's a lot of smaller stuff that have barely been touched or not at all.

Deluxe Insecticons, Omnibots, Throttlebots, etc. A lot of '89 bots, some that were done by the TFCC but not by Hasbro themselves, and a nice handful of Japanese Transformers from like the Victory era that are always overlooked in favor of Star Saber and Deathsaurus. Plus early '90s U.K. only bots like the Predators or big guys like Thunderclash, too.

There's so much done and yet so much left to do.

• Like Like x 3