LG-EX Big Powered Revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Shin Densetsu, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire IT'S A RIP-OFF!

News Credits:
    Well, whatever floats your boat! No skin off my back. Enjoy your floppy mess! I guess it's more fun to complain about something instead of actually doing something about it.

• Like Like x 5
  2. C16

C16 Space Nomad

I'm not complaining about anything other than bad, pointless ideas. Stay cringy.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Lockdown91

Lockdown91 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I've had this set for a few days now and I have to admit, I love it! So glad I made the purchase. All 3 figures are super fun and the combination of all 3 into Big Powered is super solid on my copy and I love the fact you can incorporate the Jumpstarters into the mix.

Their are some negatives though. The main problems with this set is the hollow lower legs on Dai Atlas and the looseness of some of the joints, mine weren't actually all that bad, apart from the waist on Dai Atlas.

A drop of super glue on Sonicbombers hip ball joints fixed him and now he is solid as a rock. Roadfire's waist was slightly loose but not as bad as people have been saying on here, still there was no harm in a drop of super glue on the mushroom peg to tighten it up a notch. As for Dai Atlas's waist, loosey goosey. I can see both sides, on one hand it would have been a more solid connection and money could have been spent elsewhere if they hadn't remolded it, but I appreciate that they did go to the effort of remolding it, and I prefer that they did.

I separated him at the mushroom peg at the waist and put a drop of super glue on each part: the swivel on both halves and the mushroom peg, making sure to work the swivels to let the glue settle in and not gluing the parts together, put him altogether and it's a massive improvement, no longer wobbling all over the place.

The biggest bummer is Dai Atlas's hollow legs, This is my biggest problem, I wish they could have incorporated some kind of flip out panel that would have filled the leg in, at least from the side. I've been trying to find/think of things I can turn into good solid leg fillers. I have a junker POTP Rodimus Prime that I may be able to scavenge some parts from on that front.

Overally I am happy to have this set! Just need to find a solution to the hollow legs!

• Like Like x 2
  4. WereDragon EX

WereDragon EX Well-Known Member

It can't really be considered bad or pointless if he added functionality to his figure while still retaining all of its original features.

• Like Like x 2
  5. C16

C16 Space Nomad

Functionality of what? Taking a drilltank's treads off and making a rolling box that does nothing?

• Like Like x 2
  6. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Takara is trying to homage the original Dai Atlas. Do you have it or ever played with the G1 original before?! No? Good for you!

• Like Like x 1
  7. onslaught714

onslaught714 Well-Known Member

...How on earth is a simple modifcation cringy? Does that word even mean anything anymore? Or are you just using it to mean "anything you don't like?" Jesus, I expect this level of shit from 4chan not here.

• Like Like x 10
  8. WereDragon EX

WereDragon EX Well-Known Member

Add a big gun and it becomes a full-fledged tank on its own. I certainly can't call that "nothing". Also, the shuttle and the "box" can still be combined into Dai Atlas' vehicle mode as it originally was, so that is still there.

• Like Like x 4
  9. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    This. Add to the fact that Takara had to kinda wing it with the TR Blackshadow leader mold. Which inadvertantly they had to sacrifice the lower legs transformation in order to fold up under the tank threads...leaving the unfortunate hollow areas. Its a real bummer but the trade off had to be done. Floppy waist joint is also a negative but overall the toys are fun and has lots of play value.

10. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Officially licensed OS KO of Scourgatron Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Tokyo, Japan (Originally from Los Angeles)
    Ebay:
    It isn’t for you. There’s nothing to cringe about this. I have the set and it has a lot of replay value. We get it’s pointless to you but not for others. Back on topic. Any of you guys got this guy with Twin Twist and Top Spin? Legends version?

• Like Like x 7
  11. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    Uhh.. this. Yes My Legends TT and TS are sooo matching.

12. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    Finally got my set from Chosen Prime. Quick points. No major QC issues on mine

Sonic Bomber
    So I see what people were talking about with the softer plastic. I don't think it's lower quality, I just think it's a different type, doesn't feel like it's going to break. Mine doesn't feel loose anywhere, actually some joints were too tight. Otherwise I think it's a really good update and there are enough changes where it doesn't feel like the same mold over and over again. I will say the landing gear requires some precision to get him to sit level in vehicle mode, but it's not because there is anything wrong with it.

Roadfire
    Head is really loose at the Titan Master next joint, took apart the face and added a little piece of duck tape to add friction. It's perfect now. Fantastic toy, a descent amount of remolded parts to distinguish him. Twintwist was already a good mold and this one is no different. I think as long as you like the appearance of the character, you will be happy with him. Only thing not a huge fan of, and this is my opinion, is the cockpit on his gun just looks off. Also not sure if it's meant to, but I popped the barrel of mine so he has two guns, looks much better than some giant weapon to me.

Dai Atlas
    Sorta mixed feelings on him. The waist is a little bit fiddly, not sure I like how it's engineered, but it does the job. Orange panels are new and has black connectors that are made of the same plastic as Sonic bomber. I had some issue getting the tank to sit level, and the tank unit wants to split apart. Upper body, I would say has quite a bit of remolding and it really looks different than the other versions of the mold. Super minor nit pick is I wish the wings were flipped and lower like the original G1 toy in jet mode. Robot mode, same complaint as every one else in that the legs look thin. Even with those issues, I find myself enjoying him quite a bit more than I expected.

Big Powered
    Hooks together ok, wish they would have changed a few things with the connection of Roadfire and Dai Atlas to look more like the original, but a descent update. Little fiddly to put together, but mines pretty solid once he is.

• Like Like x 5
  13. C16

C16 Space Nomad

The original Dai Atlus toy doesn't split up. He turns into a winged drilltank thing.

It's cringy because he's trying to force functionality that doesn't accomplish anything and has no relation to the character, simply on the basis that the toy it was remolded from was two separate vehicles. It's like trying to swap out Brainstorm's arms to Blurr so you can have "flight" functionality, because the previous toy could also do it. If he was trying to find a way to work in ramps, that would be one thing. Separating the legs so he can have a useless set of treads that don't do anything on their own and have no basis in anything in relation to the character just to retain a former use of this figure's "functionality" is forced and cringy.

And now making up excuses to justify this project.

This has nothing to do with whether it's for me or not. I'm just pointing out wasted effort.

Anyway, I ordered an Overlord just for his head. I'm going to paint it and swap it out for the included head. Pictures probably next week.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Officially licensed OS KO of Scourgatron Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Tokyo, Japan (Originally from Los Angeles)
    Ebay:
    Satisfied overall with him?

• Like Like x 2
  15. Yaujta

Yaujta Split second of divinity... Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If someone puts effort into customizing something then it's worth it to them and not wasted.

Is THIS wasted effort?

To move forward...
    I'm somewhat glad I cancelled my pre-order. While the set looks quite striking, there are way too many items I count as short-comings for me to see the import value.
    I do kind of wish the individual figures would be available. The smaller ones look like a lot of fun.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Blackout32

Blackout32 PANTERA FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I broke down and took the plunge to buy this yesterday. I got it from bbts but no shipping just yet but i can't wait till it ships.

17. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I gotta say, after having them for a few days, I love these guys.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a way to make the front half of Big Powered flush? Because the black connectors have to be forward to connect Sonic Bomber, the Dai Atlas helmet won’t allow the vehicle to sit flush and makes the front end (and Sonic Bomber) raise up. Also I can’t figure out how to straighten out a Sonic Bomber’s arms when in vehicle mode. The pegs just don’t like up that way...

I also don’t like connecting Topspin and a Twin Twist because you have to unpeg the Dai Atlas arms and the ratchets aren’t strong enough to hold another figure.

BC0415CB-2130-4407-864B-BE0109DA3211.jpeg

18. Kazimir

Kazimir Well-Known Member

I received Big Powered on Monday and I've been enjoying it, mostly. These are new characters to me and it's been fun trying to fit them into my own headcanon ....like deciding Roadfire is an old buddy of Kup and Ironhide.

I do have one major complaint - the waist on Dai Atlas. Transformer torsos should not bobble.

Otherwise, there are multiple loose and/or floppy bits here and there but nothing to write home about. Roadfire could peg together better, but that's a minor issue.

I also think these guys would look fantastic with some Siege battle damage.

• Like Like x 3
  19. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    Yeah pretty much, after all the reviews I've seen from people, it ended up better than what I was expecting.

20. C16

C16 Space Nomad

Not really, since his face is way too tiny for the figure (and in comparison to most of the other Leaders) and this a solution to that.