Lewin Resources 120cm Metroplex

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Chrisola, Jan 7, 2023.

1. bman29

bman29 Dancitron

Ebay:
    I’m intrigued by this, but moving into the four foot tall figure arena might be excessive. Don’t get me wrong, I want to know more. But, at some point it just becomes too much stuff.

• Like Like x 5
  2. jbwkkl

jbwkkl Wrecker for life

I, personally, would love this one. If only the head and arms were articulated, and the rest was turned into cabinets for my figures, I'd be happy with it. No room for the alt modes of that custom... Though, they did do a terrific job making it transform

3. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:

No this is about 6 ft tall going by the pictures and not as articulated as the liketoys , its just a giant tweaked version of the G1 toy .... only thing similar is the character

"edit" 68 cm and same bloke who done the ark headquarters , is that the same liketoys bloke?

Masterpiece-Scaled Ark Headquarters

Last edited: Jan 10, 2023
  4. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Banned

Yeah it's the same guy as far as I am aware. He sold that original Metroplex to finance the improved one. I shuold have been more clear, same designer, different iterations of the project. That is the guy I was trying to get ahold of last year.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So I'm watching this and I'll be eager to see everybody's photos when he comes out, especially those integrating him with their collections :popcorn 

But sadly, he's very much not for me. Not just because of the price or finding space for him (which are both definitely concerns), but because look at this:

[​IMG]

That's my legends collection and I freakin' love it, but look at all that empty space! This is a 4'x2'x2' cabinet and it's both empty and full at the same time. I can't add shelves because of the titans and every time I add a figure, I have to crowd them into all the others. That space could easily accommodate more than twice as many figures but the titans prevent that and my Metroplex is only two feet tall. Someday I'm going to expand the space with a second cabinet (I have it now but it's in storage until I have somewhere to put it) and I want to build some scenery that will act as sort of tiers so it's not just everybody standing in a big crowd on the floor, but even then, the titans will make it difficult to take full advantage of the space.

And, space aside, I find that having the titans there, instead of coming off as towering city-bots amongst larger than life robots, it feels more like they make my other figures smaller. Like the legends figures look small - yes, I know they are small but what I'm getting at is it just emphasizes how small they are. If I were to try to integrate 4' robots into such a collection, the other figures would be like ants in any photos I took. I mean you could get around that by having the collection up higher and looking up at them but that would require even more space and you can only put a 4' robot up so high before it hits the ceiling.

So yeah, I'm following this and I'll be delighted to see it, but it just plain isn't for me.

[Edit] Btw, that photo is a year old because I took the whole thing down not long after when my wife and I moved. I've got it back up but there are a handful of bots still in storage that I haven't dug out yet so I haven't taken any updated pics recently.

• Like Like x 15
  6. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you say that now @Snaku . but how cool would it be if by this time next year you're sitting there posting from your new metroplex desk. i mean that would totally be some next level shit.

• Like Like x 2
  7. breaker2031

breaker2031 Well-Known Member

Shipping prices of a Transformer vs shipping prices of a large appliance. That's a comparison I never thought I would read :D 

• Like Like x 2
  8. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    It would look mind bogglingly awesome with close ups of the smaller figures in action and the monster Metroplex out of focus (or even in focus) in the background. Similar to the below attached photo. Duke is legends height and Devs is Lewin Metro height.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Devs is Lewin sized? Oh shit, that's Bruderstator - I remember him (I keep forgetting that you're the mad genius behind him). And yes, I agree the photos would be awesome and I do like me some photo taking, but after I'm done taking pics, I put the figures back in the display and I just wouldn't have any way of doing that with Lewin Metro.

I suppose this is off-topic but honestly I think it's relevant given the scale: just what do you do with Brudy? Does he have his own dedicated display space? Does he kind of stand off on the side or do you have him integrated with other figures?

• Like Like x 1
  10. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    You could display them on Metroplex! He could be the shelf/display!

I have a game/"toy museum" room. lol. He is displayed between shelving/display/cabinets. Very imposing so when you enter you are faced with him.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice. I bet that looks awesome. For me, though, I like to have the characters interacting. I did kinda do what you said, though, with having the coneheads, Windblade, and Swoop all on flight stands attached to Trypticon and Metroplex.

• Like Like x 1
  12. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    I just don't see the point without it looking more like at least a city block in alt mode. There are a few platforms on that one and that's it.

Nice Legends/Core scale Metroplex in bot mode though.

13. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i know we are all 4ft this and 4ft that. but honestly i would love for these new titans to come in at 30-36" tops.

that would definitely be the best strategy moving forward if they were interested in grabbing the most they could in sales. anything around 30ish kind of makes it hard for the people on the sidelines from resisting it. most will just saying fuck it and jump right in. but at 4ft it kind of becomes an outlier in the fandom with only diehards and the us nuts who want it.

most will find it super easy to just say hey man this is just too big for even me.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Phase Sixer

Phase Sixer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I’m pretty happy with Studio Cell’s size among my legends collection. He might not be the monstrosity that Haslab is but still plenty impressive. And he’s only 18” tall. That’s a good height for me.

• Like Like x 2
  15. mikequillm

mikequillm Well-Endowed Member

News Credits:
    Honestly everyone kept saying LR prime was too big. But it's sold out;) 

• Like Like x 2
  16. Thalyn

Thalyn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A thought occurs... I wonder if they're planning on doing an appropriately-sized Scamper, Slammer, and Six-Gun? There's no indication of Slammer or Six-Gun being incorporated already (unless you buy into the Generations "His shoulder cannons are Six-Gun" and "His forearm turret is Slammer" lines), but they did do that 12" Spike for reasons I may never quite understand (he's too big to scale with Atlas).

Just over Titan-class size is a bit different to twice Titan-class size. A lot of people are prepared for a 60cm-70cm figure because they already exist - this thing is wading into entirely new territory when it comes to size.

• Like Like x 3
  17. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    Sign me up for the 4ft WFC Trypticon!

• Like Like x 9
  18. mikequillm

mikequillm Well-Endowed Member

News Credits:
    Bring it!

19. Akupro

Akupro Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Which Metroplex is that??

20. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Totally agree.

To put into context, this is the same scale/height as Liketoys Metroplex (I’m not looking to get into a debate on whether that will see the light of day in terms of meeting some order request/ mass production) but from the vids we have seen of that figure (I do like it) and this photo before posted in this thread:

7F89B4AD-5F27-44C8-B521-3C3325FB8A2C.jpeg

collectors would be handling a similar size figure with LR Metroplex.

The largest figure I have in my collection is Dx9 Gabriel and TR Fortress Max. If I got the leg extension kit for TR FMax the bot height would be boosted to 25-27 inches tall. As I’ve understood this LR Titan is an OS of the Generations Metro. It is tempting to own an OS version of it as this was the one Titan I don’t have in my collection. In the screen grab below you can see somebody transforming the 48 inch tall (120cm) Liketoys Davis robot to alt modes laying the figure on its back. When watching the vid, the man carrying out the transformation is getting a proper work out from it. Anyway, I think many like the idea of owning a figure of this size but in reality for most will it be practical? Then again, when is collecting and practicality mutually exclusive…:) 

D4A8CB92-403E-4951-8128-82A71CB32CAD.png

We know FT Fort Max will be twice the height of TR FMax. LR Metroplex and Liketoys Davis will be similar to each other and Fanstoys Fort Max for bot height.

@TigerBlade fantastic OS printed up Scorponok is worth checking out. @Printformers came up with the original figure/files and Tigerblade has OS the shit out of it. The figure is 5 foot 5 inches tall to the top of the raised scorpion tail. Same height to the top of the head as LR Metro and Liketoys Davis. The tail puts another 15-20 inches on the bot height. The thread is below:

Heavy/Scratch: - Masterpiece Scorponok (Printformers design)

He shows the size of Scorpy next to Dx9 Gabriel and with a mate from the UK toy thread in this site. Worth a read of the build and journey. Below are a few photos that Tigerblade posted. Lots more in the thread:

096FC207-D1C0-4385-AF04-BF4F4BEAF037.jpeg
    • 0C52C32C-F9E3-4778-B91E-06575D65B2D4.png
    I’d love to have a Titan character of this size in my collection but like many it will be an issue of where and how I display it. Don’t think the wife would be too happy either. lol

I think for a lot of us that were about collecting the original G1 toys of the 80s if we had the chance to get Titan sized figures like today, we’d be blown away.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2023
    • Like Like x 1