Let's talk FP Menasor.

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Transbot90210, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    This.

2. Girl Pants

Girl Pants Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Plus they can sell kibble arms as an add-on later for the extreme G1ers just like Rage of Hercules! :D 

For me, I'd want the car to become the entire arm, and the hand too if possible. I would also accept the car becoming most of the arm if the hand/forearm was a part of the set that integrated into the toys in other modes like FP Bruticus - his hands/arms become guns for the robots and part of Onslaught's alt mode. So if the hands/forearms could convert into weapons and be part of Motormaster's trailer, I would accept it.

Basically, I accept parts-forming in combiners much more than useless-in-other-modes combiner kibble.

3. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    The problem is what design do they use for Dragstrip that is still a F1/Indy style car (I fucking hope they don't give him 6 wheels btw, always hate that) that still has enough mass to become an entire arm without looking either completely stupid as either a car or an arm, whilst remaining in scale with the other members? I think with Menasor you have to accept that there's only so much you can squeeze out of a car without uber compromising all the modes.

Personally what I would do is still have everything from the elbow down as a seperate partsformed unit that can do something cool on Motormaster (if you're using IDW design than those shoulder pods would make perfect forearms imo) but have parts of the cars shell shift around to make it look more like an actual arm, rather than a car tacked onto the side of a torso (again IDWesque)

4. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    Agreed - I'd love a design based off Don Fig's ongoing design, honestly, where the combiner kibble is formed by Motormaster's trailer.

Say what you want about the art style Don went with, but the designs were VERY solid.

5. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Contrary to my earlier statement about hoping Dragstrip has his six-wheel look; I'm fine with FP going their own way with each individual vehicle (as post #28 seems to indicate- modern vehicles in place of slavery to a G1 look). As long as the overall aesthetic and quality are up to FP's usual standards... I'm good.

6. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    I like this idea...mostly due to the Dragstip dilemma you mentioned...if he was to transform into the WHOLE arm, that side would be either anorexic/skeletony looking or grossly over scaled for compensation...

Transforming into just the upper/arm (maybe also elbow) and shifting around to look more arm-y or maybe into some kinda small shoulder pad, the right arm would retain its bulk...

7. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    I went back and had a proper look at Don's design for the first time in ages, the pic of Menasor actually forming, and I think it would be a perfect way to do it.

Motormasters arms become the fore-arms, Dragstrip and Dead-End sort of shift around a bit to become a more armly looking arm, and something I noticed for the first time, MM's feet come off and sort of fold into themselves to become Menasors feet, which is awesome. All your components are there then, they just need to be shifted around a bit.

Throw in the FP aesthetic, updated vehicle modes like that cool looking Lambo and it's a winner in my book.

EDIT: Of course I could've just posted the bloody pic!

[​IMG]

8. G.I.EDDIE

News Credits:
    I don't know...Deadend, Breakdown and Wildrider look pretty much unchanged from their alt modes...they still mostly look tacked on...I can see some very subtle panel shifting, but not really enough to say they "transformed" into a limb...

I hope FP/MT is a bit more creative...

9. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like it when the limbs are obviously vehicles. that's the charm of it for me, they don't need to transform in a fancy way. just have the lower leg be a car :D 

gotta say it's interesting that this has almost 450 posts, with absolutely NO official word or even teasing. :) 

10. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
    Behold, the power of Fansproject!

11. Cecilia

Cecilia Mechanical Princess

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah, I find it quite lame when a combiner is just the center guy with the others in vehicle mode as armor, not complex and intrincated enough for an expensive toy imo. Also tend to make the robot combined look more weird than it could with something more smooth.

Surely I don´t want things to go Bayformer and fragment the alt modes so much that the alt mode parts are not visible, just don´t need to feel like a guy wearing cars XD

12. G.I.EDDIE

News Credits:
    Oh absolutely, as do I...but I'm kinda thinking how TFC did it... the limbs are clearly still recognizable as their alt modes, but they have also become their respective limb...

It's why I love what TFC did so much with the tread forearms...the entire vehicle became a limb as opposed to the original design of Devy with tacked on vehicles as arms

This, this so much!...you get it :) 

13. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Since we're no longer speculating about this and it is confirmed, I've moved all the other posts to a new thread.

Continue discussion there :) 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.