Let's talk FP Menasor.

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Transbot90210, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    So in another thread discussing the rumour that FP has disbanned, an insider came a spoke up.

He stated that FP will return with Heartmaster and .....MENASOR. This insider is extremely reliable and we all know, unlike many 3rd party groups, FP doesn't talk until they have something to show.

Menasor is my favorite Scramble City combiner so my excitement levels for this are through the roof and have been since the rumour hit at Botcon.

So what do you all think we will be getting?

Will we get FP Manga influenced figures a la Munitioner and Explorer?
    Will we see designs that match the original but are tweeked just enough to pass through Hasbro's legal grips?
    Will they be themes a la the Insecticons?
    Going this route I would suspect something like a ROADWORRIOR theme with these guys.

Even after the design aspects one has to consider that FP always loads the figures up with cool features.

What kind of things do you expect to see?

All I can think of is that all the combiner pieces will come from Motormasters Trailer. I like this idea because I was never too keen on Motormaster being a rig with a trailer and it all becomes one bot. I think he can work just as well as just a cab and saving the trailer for the addons. Still making this Menasor a self contained combiner.

Have you all had any thoughts about this FP Menasor? Please share and discuss :) 

2. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    My thoughts about this particular subject: I don't care what route they go, how they do it, because it's FansProject and I want it.

FansProject has given me some of the best Transformers in my collection. To be perfectly honest I don't care how they do a combining Menasor because their execution would be through the roof and I'd buy it in an instant.

3. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Trans, can you dig up the quotes from our so-called insider, so we have a point of reference?

I, for one, greatly appreciate Fansproject's styling. They strike a great balance between chunk and detailing. I'm confident they'd do a not-Menasor justice.

4. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Oh crap, which thread was it that derailed into a discussion about a rumour that FP is done and that iGear started said rumour.

Anyway it was in this thread that Venksta came in and said the following.

" FP is not gone they still have Heartmaster and people at Botcon know what else they have"

Now Venksta never mentioned Menasor in that thread BUT the only FP rumour to come out of Botcon came from an FP employee showing some Menasor designs to people on his iphone.

I don't know how to track down the post but I'm sure if Venksta sees this he can confirm it.

5. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

Honestly I appreciate the 3rd party efforts in doing full figures but I can't handle the prices. I like 3rd party accesories much more so I hope they do like they did with Bruticus and maybe come out with one or 2 full figures that come with mostly accesories to upgrade existing figures rather than doing the Hercules thing.

I think a trailer that upgrades PCC crankcase would be more interesting than a full motormaster figure that costs over $100. I have more fun upgrading existing figures.

6. graymer

graymer Well-Known Member

I think FP has established themselves as THE 3rd party company. It's pretty much their position to lose with regards to the fandom.

I would welcome a FP Menasor with open arms. Every product they have come out with to-date has been excellent.

7. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well I certainly hope it's true, I'd love a FP Menasor. That trailer-as-parts idea could work well, depending on how they do it.

Btw, "alla" is actually "a la." It's french.

8. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If it happens it would be great. However I'll wait for more solid news rather than a he said this or that.

Menasor is my favourite combiner too and would love to see their interpretation of it so I would be really excited if they were to do it.

9. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    IIRC FP's Menasor will be 5 original bots. Or maybe some of those bots will just be retools. The plus side is FP is the best out there in regards to pricing. I would suspect that this set will be made up of 4 larg scouts and 1 large deluxe/small voyager. This is assumed due to it being in scale with Colossus (Bruticus) and Giant. At that scale I would assume the price to be $50 per scout and $75 -$85 fot Motormaster, depending on how invovled he is. So $275. Not cheap but no where near Hercules.

I look forward to seeign what magic FP has in store with this figure. They are the one company that exceed even my imagination when it comes to figures and all the little surprised they put into them. I can only imagine how MM's trailer will function. I'm sure it is going to do much much more than merely becomes legs for MM.

10. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^Pretty much this^ Confession, I don't actually own any of FP's previous works, but it sounds like there is overwhelming support for a Menasaur done by them, so I'm all for it. I just want one.. and now!!

11. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

That sounds like something similar to RID Magnus. Very awesome idea.

12. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Menasor lol. You wrote his name in another thread and you got it wrong there too lol

13. Girl Pants

Girl Pants Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd be totally fine if the limbs shared engineering or even 90% of the mold. Their toys were pretty similar in G1 anyway. I do want a Dragstrip as a proper drag racer though.

As for Motormaster, I hope they do something cool with him. I basically see Motormaster and Menasor as the focal points.

This should be pretty cool to see. They were fairly limited in some ways with Bruticus as they did not make 3 of the toys. Here, they can some up with some crazy stuff.

14. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    dont get me wrong the only thing i dont own from them is their clifjumper kit (i wasnt collecting then i may have bought it then)

but i have my doubts about a FP menasor, not that they cant do it but so far most of the FP designs have been as someone above put it chunk and detailed, the stunticons are sleak sports cars with the exception of one motormaster, and FP hasnt exactly tackled that aspect yet as far as designing a full figure (blastoff would be the only thing i would say comes close to this idea but there are only so many ways you can design a shuttle)

i would welcome a menasor but if FP does it im expecting something more cybertronian boxy vehicles instead of classics/universe inspired cars

but i hope i am pleasently surprised

15. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I agree that MM will be the focal point. With Bruticus many of the parts came together to form a trailer for the core bot. MM covers this by actually having a trailer. I don't see FP going full out contained combiner because it is too limiting, but the trailer adds a big block that they can engineer to break apart and be all the add ons for the combined bot.

I can not wait to see what they did with this guy, all I know is that they have been putting in a lot of work considerign they already had mock ups at last years botcon.

16. Omega_Sentinel

Omega_Sentinel Well-Known Member

I am such a skeptic. I really, really want to believe this is happening.

17. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    The "confirmation" came from Venksta. He has been right about every inside hint he has given us to date. Add to that that peopel saw scetched at Botcon and I would say it is happening.

FP tends to start showing stuff when they are actually close to production. Unlike other groups that tease dozens of projects and complete next to none.

18. keebs

keebs 32 Oh-Zee Killah

Menasor might be the only other combiner that I would by two of, like Not-devs. That said. I hope FP gets it right so I won't feel like buying a different one from another 3rd party co.. This thing could be very wicked. Eager to see teaser pics

19. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If FansProject do make a custom Menasor, I'm going to hate them until the day I die. Not because of any design issues, but because I know I'm never going to be able to afford it.

20. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Start saving now. I don't see this coming out at least until the summer so 10 bucks a week should get you to the $300 I presume it will be at.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.