Let's talk about that first car chase scene (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by icewolf74, Jun 28, 2014.

1. washderice

washderice THE LOCKDOWN TROLL

News Credits:
    it was pretty clear to me that he had used the ramps before as tessa and shane kept sayin on the way up go to the 5th floor and "do the thing" aka the jump down to the ramp.

and the family was bein chased even tho they were after prime because they knew that they were hunting autobots when they were only supposed to be hunting down decepticons.

2. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yea it was quite obvious Shane and Tessa used to go there a lot.

3. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In a sense, Tessa has pretty much been raised to be what should be, a Transformers fan:

- Her Dad is a crazed inventor with a thing for robots.

- Her secret boyfriend drives fast cars.

[​IMG]

4. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Adrenaline junkies pull stunts like that all the time, so it's not that unbelievable. Monster truck contests come to mind.

It was clear they knew the ramp was there and had made the jump before. I'd have liked to see more Optimus/Lockdown, though.

5. TheMixmaster

TheMixmaster Master of Mixin

I found the bit where they drove through the restaurant and off the beams onto the conveniently placed ramp a bit silly, but I liked the chase for the most part.

6. MelficeCyrum

MelficeCyrum Well-Known Member

Yeah, Shane knew ahead of time that jump that was there before the way he was talking to Tessa about it it seemed like they'd done that jump before and this was just their routine of getting ready.

I was always under the impression they knew ahead of time about that jump. What bugged me was the bad-guys flying out after them like idiots.

7. Primal1987

Primal1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, that was a little much. The chase scene could have been edited down a tad. There was only so many times Lucas could comment about not getting paid and how scary people were. :lol 

8. ricky503

ricky503 Well-Known Member

Maybe that building/lot they were in is where Shane practices his Rally and Gymkhana skills. For those unfamiliar with Gymkhana google "Ken Block Gymkhana".

9. TUROK1134

TUROK1134 Banned

Yeah, they even implied that it was what they were going to do, and that Shane and Tessa had practiced it before.

10. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The 'jump' was the point where it lost believability for me. It just felt a little too much in an already dragged out chase scene. Especially seeing as the force from the impact alone probably would've given them severe whiplash or a case of death :p  It doesn't feel action-packed either as they slow down that scene and show where they are going to land, so their is no tension in the jump - especially if they did it before as others are suggesting.

If they hid the lower and upper ramp more then it would have actually looked better however at this point Lucas was still alive so their was little tension as to whether they would survive or not - hence is the issue with action blockbusters, the action is meaningless when all the main cast are together as chances are high they will all survive. They should've had the car land on something else that wasn't an obvious ramp, or obscure the ramp behind something else in the shot.

Also, for those suggesting they planned it and did it before... you're seriously suggesting they jump out a floor on a building onto a ramp on the ground many times as practice? Do they have a death wish? ¬_¬

11. Rookbartley

Rookbartley Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'll agree with some of the comments. I thought it was fairly obvious it was a ramp they had used before.

12. Ironfire1234

Ironfire1234 Active Member

perhaps Shane and his friends set up the ramps and such. it was still cool its stupid to over analyze movies. And the stick shift crack I didn't even think of it as dirty, I thought of i as Tessa had driven the car before. But to each his own I suppose

13. moylan55

moylan55 Well-Known Member

I don't mean offense but at times it feels like some people watch these movies with their eyes closed. it was very obvious Shane and Tessa knew what they were doing the entire time and no I'm sure Shane didn't wreck every time they jumped, could of had something to do with all the baddies chasing them?

14. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

This was my impression too. I'm pretty sure Shane said he wanted to drive to the fifth floor when they first entered the building. It had felt as though him and Tessa practiced driving that jump before.

15. OptimusJet

OptimusJet One with the Matrix

News Credits:
    Yeah watched it again tonight... and they do seem to know of that jump beforehand. Guess I wasn't paying attention when I first watched it lol

16. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

this i got the sense that tessa and he bf tried this before...i think..idk i was too busy not trying to throw up in 3d IMAX

17. JukeOutlander

JukeOutlander Combat Antihero

News Credits:
    Before it showed that it was being driven, I thought it was Rollbar. Oh well.

18. Ironfire1234

Ironfire1234 Active Member

also the joke was she had good hands so shut up about stick shift you moron

19. Coldiron

Coldiron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It is his own personal gymkhana practice ground. So he is familiar with it. They seemed to hint at it. In related news, it makes no sense how it was incorporated in the film. Especially since he is driving a half a million dollar race car to go see his girl friend. Don't think his sponsors would be keen on that. There were so many logical issues with how this all was handled. Especially with the logistics and likely hoods. Bay stumbled across gymkhana or extreme rally sports and decided to force it into the film for cool factor.
    Also, does he have a thing for tow trucks?

20. Sighphi

Sighphi Active Member

The one weird thing was when he boyfriend jumped into the fight and punched a dude in the face with his car.

So he intended to kill people?