Lets take a poll on who will buy MP 10 Prime for $250

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by OptimusPrimeFour, Sep 19, 2011.

?

Will you buy MP 10 Optimus Prime for $250?

1. Yes, it looks awesome!!!

42 vote(s)
    16.5%
  2. Maybe, waiting for review.

53 vote(s)
    20.8%
  3. No way, too expensive! waiting for a price cut or sale.

93 vote(s)
    36.5%
  4. No, I will not buy it/not interested.

67 vote(s)
    26.3%
  1. EmFalcon73

EmFalcon73 Well-Known Member

I have been tempted - it does look pretty sharp. Ultimately, though, as has been said previously - the sketchy quality of MP Rodimus Prime makes jumping on for the 'first run' of a new Masterpiece figure feel risky. I have the first run Takara Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime and while I haven't had all the problems that some other people have reported, it still feels frail.

That and, let's face it, this has been an expensive fall for Transformers - the FP Insecticons, TFC Devastator, the end run of the DOTM figures, Encore Devstator - all would give me something new and different, as opposed to a smaller version of a Masterpiece figure that I already have.

Perhaps the biggest issue though is the lack of a (forecasted) MP Megatron; at least the original MP Prime & MP Megatron can go toe to toe. Until and unless the price goes down, the figure is released and reviewed with very positive reviews and there is some home of a comparable MP Megatron, I cannot justify the expense in light of other things that I would much rather tie up my toy budget with.

I do love the Masterpiece figures but really - with so many other new and deserving characters out there - the other Dinobots, Galvatron, Soundwave, Cyclonus, a Masterpiece combiner (which would be worth the $250 price point, at least) - another Optimus Prime? Yes, a great character and a core of the franchise but right now, at the posted price point? Cannot justify it.

2. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I didn't plan to buy him since I own MP-01 and Faith Leader already and while they're cheaper, they're also more accurate/well proportionate (I care for robot mode mainly, inaccurate truck mode doesn't bother me) but then someone offered me to trade some figures I kept for custom purpose for his fully paid preorder and I went for it. It'll fit nicely in scale with MP Rodimus and probably with the next MPs, plus that's an opportunity to finaly own a G1 "complete Convoy" with the trailer and everything.

3. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    In fact the only thing I'm looking forward to on MP-10 is the hint for the next MP.....if it's a seeker I'm gonna be mighty pissed.

4. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    I think it's fairly likely you're gonna be mighty pissed then. Sorry.

5. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    I'm undecided, but I will probably pass. I really want the figure- I really like both modes, but it's practically certain that we'll have multiple opportunities to buy this mold, both in Japan and the United States. It's Optimus Prime, it won't be underproduced or released just once. $250 is a tough pill to swallow, it would almost twice as much as I paid for my next-most expensive figure (Who I guess would be City Commander). It's not a definite no, but it's not looking good. I like the trailer, but I can live without it.

I would probably get an Armored MP Magnus at $250, though, assuming my finances were solid. I can see Hasbro passing on a domestic release of that.

6. PowermasterJazz

PowermasterJazz Well-Known Member

personally I wouldn't be interested in a new MP Optimus if it didn't have the trailer. This is the most complete upgrade of the G1 toy (like Rodimus is also) and that's why I'm getting it. And I really hope for a complete Ultra Magnus as well

7. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    All you have to do to see how popular MP-10 is is check the stock of preorders at BBTS. Right now it's at 596. If this was a desired piece it would have been at 0 for months now. Wakey Wakey TT we want new characters in the MP line. If the sales of MP-10 really are determining the fate of a MP Ultra Magnus I think you can forget about MP UM any time soon.

8. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm waiting to see how his vehicle mode looks next to Rodimus Prime's vehicle mode. MP-01 and MP-09 in Hot Rod mode are about perfect (as, as Hot Rod, he's about Alternator size) but how he displays with Rodimus Prime is what I'm more concerned about.

9. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    He definately looks sexy. But I'll wait. Maybe.

10. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I'm not interested. I'm content with my much cheaper 20 anni Prime. Plus he's 12 inches and is very solid. He's just not worth the price tag imo.

11. Ultra Magnotron

Ultra Magnotron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In my own opinion, it's just a toy. There is no reason to pay $250 on a toy I will transform maybe once, and then let it collect dust on my shelf. That's honestly how it would go if I purchased it. That's how all my TF purchases are.

I may transform them a few times, but then they get placed on a display shelf and gather dust until I feel like dusting them off.

12. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I already spent $200 on a G1 MP Prime when I bought MP-4. I'll pass. The next MP I spent big bucks on will be MP-9B, not MP-10.

13. Mixmaster

Mixmaster 4F 68 A0 54 69 74 73 21

News Credits:
    A pass for me. I could easily afford it, but at $250 he does not represent value for money.

14. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I'm getting it, but not right away. I'm going to wait, see if there's any issues that could result in a 2nd edition, then go from there.

15. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Not Interested.

16. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pass.

I'm perfectly fine with my MP-01.

17. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If (when, really) he hits state-side TRU sans trailer for 40-60 bucks, yeah THEN I probably will buy him IF he's compelllingly better than FaithLeader, and I like the scale for my own display purposes.

This far I'm not entirely sold, and there's NO way I'm paying $250 (And is that Japanese BASE retail, or is that import price? Because if that's base we may be looking at at least 300 stateside...sheesh)

I'm just not that big of a Convoy fan, I have quite a few (who doesn't?) but I can easily live without.

Trying to shift my V1 MP as we speak!
    D/L

18. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    I will when it turns into Magnus cause I'm a MP whore.

I have almost every version of MP-01 so i can wait.

19. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe. Will wait for the reviews. But I would prefer this one over the Hasbro one cause the Hasbro one might come with short smokestacks.

20. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Bloodsail Admiral

This pretty much. After the issues of MP-09 and getting the TRU hasbro release that is much better with the fixes and i can easily transform to have it roll i am not gonna spend 250 on an MP right away. I cancelled my preorder. That said i do want the figure i just want to be sure that it will be worth the steep price tag with out a bunch of issues.