Lets Speculate: Generations Fembot Redecoes / Retools

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BScorpinok75, Jun 21, 2014.

1. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

man, would that be awesome

2. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Wonder if a replacement front end for the Jazz FOC version could be made, via shapeways, to give the upper body a more sleek femme look...

3. BScorpinok75

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:

Attached Files:

4. @l3x

@l3x Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    God damn that guy's a smart bastard when it comes to transformations.

5. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    Others have suggested that Slipstream could be a redeco of Windblade,but in all honesty I would helluva lot more see Nightbird in that design,I mean back from G1 she seemed like a way better character than Slipstream in any continuity,so my choice would have to be Nightbird FTW.

6. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

Other than the obvious and most likely candidates, I want a Nancy and Sari Sumdac

7. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  8. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

I wouldn't mind a Char Mane Star fembot.

9. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    That's looks pretty neat. :)  I'd love to see Hasbro try something like that in the future.

10. BScorpinok75

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Don't they basically have a similar color scheme...

What is that exactly...

11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind Hasbro utilizing Go-Bot characters much in the same way as they did Crasher - simply rename to something similar and repaint/retool a figure as that character.

Much to that end, another Fracture from the Generations Drag Strip would be perfect because of the alt. mode and they shared the Mirage mold for repaints before, too.

Small Foot is another canidate; her e-Hobby mini-bot repaint from 2004 (damn that was long ago! :lol ) used the Swerve/Gears mold, and how fortunate that exact mold happens to have gotten made under the new Generations deluxes.

Also: Rosanna. Release a red/white repaint of the Frenzy/Rumble/Eject/Rewind figure from the FoC run and pair it with a FoC Ravage repaint as Howlback (who is also female). Make that 2-pack an exclusive and release to collectors, it'll sell pretty nicely I'd bet.

If that head was slightly boxier it would make a good choice for somebody trying to kitbash a MTMTE Rung.

I'm pretty sure that a 3rd party (probably Headrobots, masters of the headmasters) will make one in time, but for Gen. Arcee I think the fact there's finally a G1 Arcee of any kind at retail is good enough.

But Nautica doesn't look anything like that mold. If anything, the fact her name is basically "nautical" but with the "l" dropped at the end and one of her weapons is a harpoon clearly is implying she's going to be a boat or watercraft-type vehicle.

And I also don't see how anybody could think the comic design looks like the Sandstorm voyager. Yes, she has what looks like VTOL fan wings on her back, but those in turn look more like retooled versions of Windblade's wings, and Nautica's chest simply doesn't look like the front-end of anything, which the corresponding part on the Sandstorm/Springer mold must be the central part of the vehicle's nose. But a retooled Windblade deluxe's chest? Much more likley, especially since Hasbro did something similar when they made Sky/Black Shadow's entire chest panel different in every way from Thunderwing's.

I agree, looking at the Chromia pics, I'm at a loss for how they actually could retool a more "masculine" body to work with the contours (it looks like she basically scrunches her arms tightly to her body under the backpack kibble), but then again I couldn't believe how they managed to radically change Springer's mold into Sandstorm (or vice versa, whichever one got designed first I forget), so they could pull it off.

Or, given next year's theme, they might just make a whole new Afterburner anyway to facilitate a combining feature. Wouldn't it be hilarious if he ended up with Chromia's alt. mode for that reason?

There is Cybertron Thunderblast, who could probably get a much needed kibble problem resolution from a size class upgrade as her entire alt mode on the deluxe is backpack panel kibble. I doubt she ranks high on the "needs a new toy" list at Hasbro, though, 'specially since there's a zillion guys who need new Voyagers from G1 of more importance.

You mean this Nightbird?
    [​IMG]

Outside of the fact she doesn't really look like Windblade in the slightest beyond the curves supporting the idea this is supposed to be a female robot (I mean, Windblade has high heels!), I guess Hasbro could pass off a Nightbird retool to get more mileage out of the mold.

But Slipstream? I fail to see how she - basically the literal, physical embodiment of Starscream's inner bitch because she's cloned from him in at least two continuities now - has less character than Nightbird, who didn't have any actual character traits period. Plus, her bright neon G2-esque colors and continuing presence in recent media (that second instance of her being a clone is from the TF Legends game) means she's more likely to sell than the monochrome colored Nightbird because of kid appeal.

(this is not to say I wouldn't buy a Nightbird repaint from Windblade, because I totally would. Just saying)

12. siegfried07

siegfried07 Well-Known Member

Overdrive
    [​IMG]
    Flamewar
    [​IMG]
    Nautica
    [​IMG]
    Red Alert
    [​IMG]
    Airazor
    [​IMG]
    Black Arachnid
    [​IMG]
    Arachnid
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. Legate

Legate RIP Kevin Conroy and Akira Toriyama

Windblade to WFC Slipstream, pre-BW Airrazor, and Cybertronian Night bird.

14. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Terrorcon King

I always figured Generations Drift would fit Override/Nitro Convoy better, due to the street racer altmode and the head sculpt.

15. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    Chromia as Iguanus
    Windblade as Bomb Burst

To whoever suggested it earlier, instead of using the tank rumble for Rosanna and Flipsides, why not use the datadisc, to match Howlback? And sell the trio with foc Blaster redecoed into Twincast.

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Override and Airrazor are perfect repaint ideas.

17. BScorpinok75

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I'm starting to wish Hasbro would do a Chromia-esq retool of the Generations Blurr/Drift as Elita-1...

18. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy aka BrickBotGuy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I can't see them doing Arcee into Elita, as that would be another pink female car, and I can't see her being a new mold for the same reason. Elita from Chromia is much more likely.

19. Silen Prime

Silen Prime The Hunter

News Credits:
    If they were to make a Nightbird figure, I can see them making one from generations Arcee.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Wheeljackie

Wheeljackie He will set us free

Wingblade could be redone into Slipscream