Let's see your Gundams

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by agesthreeandup, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

I have MG Turn A. It keeps falling apart. However, teh detail is superb once you panel line it.

Also, crotch cockpit FTW! Now i know why it's called a 'cock'pit. :lol 

2. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Weird. Mine's fine. One of the better Master Grades IMHO.

3. Squee

Squee Well-Known Member

Yea i love my Turn A! I plan on making a cast someday and making resin wings of light! Just gotta stop being lazy...:D ream:

4. yami4ct

yami4ct Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Resin? I was thinking of getting some of that clear plastic that kind of rainbows at different angles. Always thought that'd would make a more convincing look, also resin is heavy. To each his own, I suppose. I bet we're both planning for completely different looks. I just haven't ever gotten to finding the right plastic, buying the MG or figuring out a way to attach and detach, also being lazy.

I just love the ending to Turn A, it's just so bitter-sweet. 90% of the characters get a perfect ending but
    Sochie's
    ending is just so sad. It kind of brought the tone down a notch seeing her cry. It's really not fair to see
    Guin
    get to ride off into the sunset after being such a dick and her being left alone. He get's off easy after nearly destroying the world and she, who really didn't do anything, get's dumped. She really was the series emotional punching bag. I wish every gundam series ended like this. An awesome, but short, final battle that gives plenty of time to wrap up for the characters. Nothing like how Wing ended, little resolution for those guys.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  5. Squee

Squee Well-Known Member

Yami, they make clear resin. LOL i wasn't gonna use the regular stuff! kekeke The only thing i fear is how brittle it might be. But it'll be trial and error.

6. yami4ct

News Credits:
    I know, I was just concerned about the weight, lol. Any idea how to attach, maybe I could adapt and steal your idea :bay 

7. Squee

Squee Well-Known Member

No clue right now, i still have to get around to actually painting mine...:eek: 

I'm starting to get a backlog of kits, which i hate, so it'll be some time before i get to it.

8. yami4ct

News Credits:
    My current plan is to put magnets on the plastic and under the back armor and than attach them that way, but I don't think that'll help you. I'm a college student so I guess having a backlog is one thing I get to avoid, lol. I rarely have enough money for one or two kits, let along so many I don't have time for. I'm just left to planning for future projects I don't know what order I'm going to attack. Counting all the projects I've got material lists and digibashes for I've got Turn A with Wings, Unicorn Banshee, MG Akatsuki Gundam, MG Blast Impulse, Crossbone X-2 an X-3, HG Kshatriya, MG Deathscythe, and HG 00 Movie suits. And those are just the ones I'm seriously considering, I've got folders of stuff I was just screwing around with. Out of all those only Deathscythe, Banshee and a couple 00 HGs are at all close to being made with Turn A and X2 maybe coming early/mid next year. I don't even expect to get to X3 for at least 8 months. That's the good thing about working with things digitally, the only thing it costs is time.

9. Squee

Squee Well-Known Member

Right now... i have my HG Dendrobium half primed, my MG X3 half primed, a MG Spiegel that i'm going to do a bunch of extreme mods to, my PG RX-78, MG Char Ball conversion, MG Strike Noir conversion, the new thrusters for my X2, my MG Turn A + wings, a MG GP02 with a special color scheme, a bunch of sd's and still got my King Kittan revoltech project. Most of these are put on hold as i'm getting kits ready for bakuc at nyc comicon.

10. yami4ct

News Credits:
    You got a dendrobium, man. Color me jealous, lol. You got the space for that thing> Let me know how much paint that thing eats up. It's an absolute monster. I'd get one, but I'd never be able to keep it anywhere. My space is already far to cluttered. I guess I do have a bit of a backlog, though. I have at least 6 SDs in various stages of assembly.

My current plans, barring any crazy announcements from Bandai go something like this:

MG Deathscythe or Unicorn Banshee along with a HG 00 Quan[T]
    Whichever of the above 2 MGs I don't do
    Crossbone X2 and another movie HG, probably Harute
    Christmas=Windfall (Birthday is Jan 2nd so all my stuff comes in the span of a couple weeks)
    (Most Likely)
    Turn A with Wings
    Akatsuki Gundam
    RG RX-78 and Char's Zaku
    Rest of 00 Movie Suits, Raphael and Zabanya and at least 1 Brave

2011 Plans
    Early February
    Blast Impulse
    Crossbone X-3

Now, depending on the MG 00 Suit announced and the Dec. MG, this could be totally thrown out of whack. If it's an expensive 00 Raiser (I'd expect at least $80), than a lot of suits are getting pushed further back or maybe even cancelled all together. If it's Quan[T], I don't care. I really love the 00 Raiser's design, but the PG ruins it. It adds detail to where it doesn't need it. A MG wouldn't have that problem. If Dec turns out to be V2, as I predicted a while back, consider this all null and void. I will drop all for that suit. They could throw it even more out of whack by releasing a MG Deathscythe Hell Custom and V2 AB pack for early next year. If that was the case, consider all post Christmas MG with the exception of Turn A on indefinite hold.

On another topic, what do you all want to see in terms of new gundam animation in the coming year. Personally, as much as I want a Crossbone adaptation, it'd be better served as an OVA and we won't be getting another one of those until after UC finishes. Removing that from the equation, I'd love to see something from Early CC or post Turn-A, like I've stated before. I really don't want another Universal Central show right now as Unicorn fills that niche for me. I guess another Alternate Timeline could also be cool, as long as it has some original ideas I'm cool with it. I'd also like to see another Tomino show. As much as some people hate him, his style would be really nice to see again, especially if he turns out another masterpiece like Turn A.

One last thing, just listening to the 2nd ending theme for Turn and and my god is that an amazing piece of music. It's so well used in that show. Please Sunrise, use more dramatic music like this. As much as I love J-Rock like Uverworld, nothing adds emotion to a pivotal scene like a great piece of a cappella music. Yes, I know the 2nd Turn-A ED wasn't completely A Cappella, but the part they'd use as an outro was typically.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  11. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

Heh, i can actually say that i cleared up my backlog of kits a while ago. The only ones left are unbuilt PG Strike/Skygrasper Pearl Ver. and some Blue Destiny HG's.

12. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    Fortunetly my list isn't as large...

00 QUanT HG and Beginning Gundam are high on my list...

Other then that, I'm thinking about the Deathscythe Version Ka and the PG Strike Freedom...

13. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've let my backlog of kits balloon over the last few months. I keep buying, but I haven't built anything in awhile.

Right now, it stands at:

1/144 Exia Trans-Am
    1/144 00 Gundam Trans-Am
    1/144 Reborns Gundam Trans-Am
    1/144 Susanoo Trans-Am
    1/144 Avalanche Exia Dash
    1/144 1.5 Gundam (I'm probably gonna snap that sucker together today)
    1/144 Gundam X
    RG RX-78-2
    MG Exia
    MG Exia Repair
    MG Exia Trans-Am
    MG Red Frame Astray
    MG Musha MK-II
    MG Wing Gundam
    PG 00 Raiser

And I've got 00 Qan[t] and Zabanya in the mail. And then Deathscythe, Raphael, and Harute come out this month, along with Megaman and the Hoi-Hoi San Oboro.

14. Squee

Squee Well-Known Member

I bought the Dendrobium when it first came out. I oob built it and it's been sitting on a shelf for almost 10 years now.:eek:  I modded the cannon to light up, and i'm modding the field generator to spin. It's been in need of work for a while now... :eek: 

I will say this... if i didn't buy it back then, i wouldn't buy it now. It's just too big. With all the room it takes up, i could have bought a bunch of kits to take it's place.

15. yami4ct

News Credits:
    Interested to see the WIPs, especially the spinning field generator. How're you going to manage that? You never cease to impress me Squee. Every time I think I've seen everything you're capable of, you pull out something new to impress me. *Slow clap* (We really need a slow clap smilie)

16. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    Here's my backlog...

Real Grade RX78
    MG Wing Zero
    A bunch of Shinkenger Candy toys.

17. Deadpool.

Deadpool. I want my bird.

News Credits:
    Just got MG OYW RX-78-2 and Ecopla SD Zaku today. Meaning that my backlog now includes those 2, in addition to MG Exia and MG Guncannon...

18. Sochie

Sochie Well-Known Member

Once upon a time I had a massive collection. Went to great lengths to try to get every MG made. Once I started realizing that I was shilling out large wads of cash for subpar recolors many times over, I kinda cut back. Here's my current displayed collection.

Got quite a few on the workbench too, but current project is 1/144 Raider Gundam.

[​IMG]

Some of the larger items, MG Zeta 2.0, PG Skygrasper solo, PG 00 with Raiser, and PG Aile Strike. Just noticed the dust ><

[​IMG]

The uber gundam stand collection :p  1/100 Avalanche Exia, MG V-Dash Gundam, MG Force Impulse, MG Infinite Justice, MG Wing, MG TAG, MG Destiny. Below that, MG Nu chilling with his SEED/00 buddies. On the right, MG Hyaku with Ballute being all badass.

[​IMG]

More 00/SEED/Variations, with MG Red Frame and MG S-Gundam.

[​IMG]

Look at my Balls! :p  Also, MG Operation V, and the Glorious PG-like Gouf with tons o' lights. That was an interesting kit to build.

[​IMG]

THE wall. All sorts of goddies there. PG Zeta, Wing Zero Custom, Red Frame, RX-78. 1/60 Freedom, Exia, G, Wing Zero. My fav, Psycho Gundam! MG Strike Noir, Musha Mk 1 and 2, Strike IWSP, Rick Dias, and Ex-S. Oh yeah, FIX Deep Striker, and yes, there's a Lady Vashj hanging with the Gundams :p 

19. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    Say, for my custom Wing Zero project, what I wanna do is basically take the clear green chest piece and paint it red...but still keep it clear.

I could use Tamiya clear paints, but...if anyone has a better suggestion on how to keep it clear, I'm all ears.

20. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    There's a fully built PG Zeta Gundam for sale on Ebay right now, I think the auction is ending today in a few hours, last time I checked, price was like $50. A steal for a such a great piece.