Let's see your Gundams

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by agesthreeandup, Mar 13, 2007.

1. yami4ct

yami4ct Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Ver Ka. suits are all certain by the beginning of 2012 I think. It's the Ver EW that's a little uncertain and those resin kits are probably going look better that what Bandai is going to do. If you're a fan of Heavy Arms Custom or Sandrock, the only 2 they currently have, and you don't mind resin, I see no reason to not pick up those conversions. Out of curiosity, Squee, care to give a list of resin sites? I'd love to have a few more options on where to buy. The only ones I really know are Defier, Tatsu, and the main producers like VP and NeoGrade. Also, do you know how to get the Defier website to work. I can't seem to get it to give a shipping estimate nor can I try to check out. When I get to the payment method, it has a blank space where I should be able to select something and if I try to continue, it just tells me I need to select a payment method.

2. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    Are there any other sites to buy Resin kits?

How reliable is the site that was linked?

3. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    8 of 14 MG's finished. decided to post a couple pics for the fun of it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Q: Is the transformation to Wave Rider mode on the MSIA Zeta Gundam Second Version done with extra parts/parts forming?

Is there a "perfect transformation" Zeta Gundam toy?

5. Sciron

Sciron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'd stay clear of MSIA Zeta Gundam. The figure was loose and it's parts popped off easily. Also, because of it size it was a parts former, so was the G.F.F.N Zeta.

Toy wise the G.F.F. Metal Composite was a perfect transformation, i believe, but is very pricey around 170 dollars

Model wise there are 2 MG Zeta's with the Ver. 2 being the best and newest one out

6. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Ugh. I dislike the Unicorn immensely because of it's glaring design flaws and crappy articulation, but I'll be damned if it isn't a pretty looking suit.

7. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    What about the Extended MSIA Zeta?

8. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    Mine LOVES to fall all the time, I can't even do much of anything with it because things will always fall off on me...which is why I'm hesitant to pick up the OVA version.

9. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The OVA version (at least the HD + Cage version) is much improved from the original Ver. KA. Better tolerances on most of the armor parts, so they don't pop off as easily (especially the little bits on the arms that used to get stuck to the shield), and importantly, much tighter ankle joints.

Don't know if its common or not, though, but my HD version did have a floppy ab joint though, so I cannibalized the part from the original, and now it's nice and sturdy.

10. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

I'm not Squee, but one of my favorites to peruse is http://www.hobbyfan.com

They have a lot of really nice kits, some original, some recasts. Only ever ordered some bust/head kits from them, but they seemed pretty nice quality wise. Still resin so they needed work, but no more work than I was expecting.

11. ronin0510

ronin0510 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    look for kahen senshi Zeta gundam Chogokin. I had it and I loved it till something in my life happened and I lost all my gundams except a small handfull. But that story is for another time. LOL

12. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    The HCM Pro zeta is small but has near perfect transformation, you only need to change the white lower torso piece.

13. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

OH

MY

GAWD!
    :drool: 

That is some sexy box art! I think the box art alone just convinced me to buy this thing.

14. yami4ct

yami4ct Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Saw that earlier over at NK and fell in love as well. I was always going to get it, so it's not like it sold me, but now I need that kit. Though it's kind of funny. Poor Wing Ver Ka. is doing all the work in the background well DS just stands around and strikes a cool pose.

Also, am I the only one excited by the fact it has fixed hands? Seriously, I don't have to go through the hell of trying to peg that scythe into the slot and curl the fingers around that. Sure, articulated hands can look nice, but fixed ones are much more functional.

15. SearchmanDS

SearchmanDS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Deathscythe is obviously posing for the camera before he turns around and slices that Ares in half :lol . I'm not a big Gundam kit fan, but being a fan of Deathscythe makes this a must own for me. September 9th plus the SAL shipping wait till it arrives can't come soon enough.

16. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Weird. the logo says "Endless Waltz" but that's not the EW Deathscythe.

17. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    I think that design was meant to be concept art, before becoming the Deathscythe Hell Custom that was shown in the Movie/OVA...at least that's what I heard. I do know there's a new Endless Waltz manga where they use those designs.

18. SearchmanDS

SearchmanDS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think it was actually in the OVA for all of five seconds(during Duo's flashback before he came to Earth during Operation Meteor). I don't remember seeing the wings, but then again the hangar was dark and I haven't seen Endless Waltz in years.

19. Squee

Squee Well-Known Member

It's based on the revamped designs that will be used for the new comic/manga that is coming out soon.

20. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, no. These designs have been around for years. It's just that the manga will be poised to bring them out of semi-obscurity.

When the non-upgraded Deathscythe appeared in the Endless Waltz OVA, it was essentially Hell Custom without the cloak. This design came after, so is essentially a retcon of a retcon.