Let's see your Gundams

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by agesthreeandup, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Omega Supreme V

Omega Supreme V The token Asian one

Hey All I'm selling my PG Astray Red Frame.
    the only things I've built is the Katana and the leg joint.
    $140 + shipping

2. Sciron

Sciron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thats where i got stuck on mine. My idea is to make a backpack piece sorta like the image below out of styrene and putty with also using the 2 peg piece off of the Impulse pack to fit in the pegs of the upper body and not the core flyer
    [​IMG]

Now you got me wanting to finish this guy too, lol. I'll try it tomorrow and let you know what happens and post pics if you want.

3. Squee

Squee Well-Known Member

Do you have the clear parts/extra sword?

4. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    All I wanna do is just glue the backpack onto Force Impulse, that's all I'm really going for.

5. Squee

Squee Well-Known Member

Cut the hole that the peg goes into on the body or backpack to match the peg. If it's not strong enough to hold the part, drill some holes and epoxy some cut metal rods and pin the pieces together.

6. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    The High Grade OO QuanT looks reaaaly, really nice...*sigh* I know I should probably hold off till they release a 1/100 version, or a better version of the QuanT>

7. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    There's already an add-on kit announced for a future release with Hobby Japan.

8. Deadpool.

Deadpool. I want my bird.

News Credits:
    Just wondering, does anybody here have a pic of the scale comparison between 1/100 and 1/60? I just finished building my 1/100 Freedom (after years of procrastination), and I'm wondering how big a 1/60 is.

9. Sciron

Sciron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Here you go man: 1/60 Freedom and a 1/100 Freedom
    [​IMG]

10. Deadpool.

News Credits:
    Ooh, thanks! Guess I'll stick to 1/100s then.

Btw, what's the main differences between MGs and the normal 1/100s?

11. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Between newer 1/100s an older (like, 1999-2002 or something like that), there's practically no difference at all. The newer 1/100s are probably better, even.

Between modern MGs and their 1/100 counterparts, however, the difference is like night and day. Modern MGs, as much as possible, will feature a detailed inner skeleton, usually made of sturdy ABS plastic. Usually lots of mechanical gimmicks involved, from sliding pistons to moving armor plates. Sharper sculpts than the 1/100s, usually more detailed. Much more accurate colour breakdowns, often with things as small as vents or Vulcan barrels molded in separate parts from their housings. Greater poseability, often with multiple torso joints, and articulated hands, for more human-like movement.

Often MGs will come with a bit of a design overhaul, too. Especially notable with the SEED MGs. Kunio Okawara's original designs were pretty thick and chunky at times. BEECraft took his base designs and slimmed them down for the MGs, making them more lithe and agressive looking for the MGs. This does sometimes result in a taller MG than its 1/100 counterpart, despite being the same scale and the same mobile suit. Artistic license.

12. Deadpool.

News Credits:
    No wonder the MG Freedom looks way sleeker than the animation model...

So basically MG's a way superior compared to regular 1/100s? MGs are more expensive right?

Also, which of the Gundam 00 1/100s come with the built-in LEDs? I want a 1/100 Exia/00, but I'm not sure whether to get the MG or the 1/100.

*I suck at painting, so I leave my Gundams unpainted...

13. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

I know for a fact MG Exia has a GN Drive, not sure about 00, though.

14. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    1/100 no grades are pretty much HGs just scaled so there closer to a master grade...the only difference is the fact that the master grades have inner frames under their armour. The only real difference is that Master Grades are a bit more intricate then 1/100 high grades...they'll have more gimmicks like an opening cockpit for example

I think Master grades have better articulation too, I could be wrong since the only one I have is the Gale Strike.

15. yami4ct

yami4ct Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup, they totally have better articulation. The inner frame isn't just for show as well. They tend to hold poses better because of it.

16. Deadpool.

News Credits:
    OO-wise, there's only GNX and Exia in the MG line right?

Seems like 1/100NG has a greater range of MS...

17. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    I think Master Grades might be more expensive to produce...they certinally have more plastic in them, just due to the inner frame.

18. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's generally how it goes. As you go up in Grade and scale, selection becomes thinner.

The 1/144 line produced a fair majority of the mobile suits seen in the anime, short of the more background ones like the Hellion and those turret-headed things as seen in the opening prologue (can't remember the name at the moment), and most of the one-shot things like the GN Flag, and the Mobile Armors. But it did give us all the Flag, Tieren, GN-X, and Ahead variants, not to mention all the equipment variations for the Gundams, up to and including both GN Arms.

Going up to 1/100 scale, all we got were both main sets of Gundams, a bunch of Exia variants (including the Astrea), an Overflag, and a Tieren. No Season 2 Grunts, just redecoed Gundams with new decals. Not even the GNHW weapon sets, barring the GN Sword III.

Going up to MG, you've got Exia/Exia Repair, Exia Trans-Am, and the GN-X. 00 Qan[t] is likely, as is the 00 Raiser. There's a slim chance of them going back to do the other main Gundams, like they're doing with Gundam Wing right now.

In 1/60 scale, only the Exia was produced. PG, only the 00 Raiser so far (although there's another new PG due at the end of this year that could possibly be Exia or 00 Qan[t], or something completely unrelated to 00).

19. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    I beleive SEED Had a couple of 1/60...the Freedom and Force Impulse if I'm not mistaken.

Also, Deadpool if there's a particular suit you want, unless you're desperate to have it...I'd suggest you'd wait it out. Bandai is always coming out with bigger, and better versions of the kit somewhere down the road....the 00 Gundam and 00Raiser's a good example of this.

20. Deadpool.

News Credits:
    The main MS I'm looking for are Reborns, O, OO and Exia. And maybe a Overflag/Flag and Tieren. From what I know, Reborns and O don't have any 1/100 scale kits right?