Let's see your Gundams

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by agesthreeandup, Mar 13, 2007.

1. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    Not really big on non gundam suits, but HGUC Sinanju and Delta Plus tempt me...I'll more then likely buy those two.

Might even paint Delta Plus in the Hyaku Shiki colours.

2. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    when does the 00 movie come out? it feels like its been friggin forever since weve seen stuff about it

3. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Give me Heavyarms and I die happy. Well, you could also give me Epyon too...

Loving how the ReZel is looking so far. I'll have the RG RX-78 review up tomorrow!

4. yami4ct

yami4ct Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love ReZel as well. Makes me really glad I'll be getting 3 eventually. Well. as quickly as the urge to get Kshatriya came, it passed. I'm still going to wait for Deathscythe. Also going to attempt a wash as well as shading. I've watched a few videos and it doesn't seem too difficult. I'm thinking brown panel lines for the dark areas and dark grey for the light grey areas.

5. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd recommend against the brown. Light/medium grey should work fine on both areas.

Brown panel lines can be attractive, though. That's how the photo sample for the Wing ver. KA was painted, and it was gorgeous. But that model has a grey-brown inner frame, and eggshell white, so the brown panel lines tie into its overall scheme quite nicely, and gives it a warmer feel. On Deathscythe's shock white and cool black/blue, it won't tie in at all, and just make it look dirty instead.

6. yami4ct

News Credits:
    Will the grey show well on the dark blue? I've been using grey to line up to now and have some trouble with the dark parts. I get your point, though. Also, even though it's unrelated, I plan to paint the lower body a light grey. The stark contrast between light and dark with the white always kind of bugged me.

7. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    Considering getting the 1/100 Wing Zero. I really wanna do that black Wing Zero from the MS Saga game, but I wanted to ask: how has that kit aged?

8. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1/100 kits prior to Gundam SEED are terrible. Very light, prone to loose joints, limited leg posability, and just cheaper feeling overall, with thinner plastics and crappier parts breakdowns.

9. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    So sounds like I'll be better off getting the Master Grade...or waiting for a new 1/144 High Grade Wing Zero...

10. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I just saw Gundam on TV last night for the first time. Wow! The quality of the animation is superb! If only G1 TF could be redone like that, that would be freaking sweet!

11. yami4ct

News Credits:
    I wouldn't be shocked to see a 1/144 HGAC Wing Zero, but if we don't see it by the end of the expo this week, it won't be coming this year. Bandai'll be showing all their cards for the rest of the year at this thing. It's the big GunPla expo. If we don't see it, and you don't want to wait, than go ahead and get the MG.

12. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    Got a question for you people who do customs...

I wanna do a Destiny Impulse custom with the 1/100 No Grade that I have(I have half of a Destiny, need the Impulse)

Problem is...I looked around photos online, and it looks like the Impulse uses a circular peg, while the Destiny's a boxed peg...what will be the best way to get those suckers on? I tried using super glue with something else, but it wasn't strong enough...it kept coming off when I applied any kind of fritction on it...

ANy help will be appreciated.

13. Squee

Squee Well-Known Member

14. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    The tortoiseshell effect on the scaled armor and the fading on the cloak look fantastic. Very nice.

15. yami4ct

News Credits:
    An amazing looking SD figure you've got there. I especially like what you've done with the cloak. Very cool.

Looking at the Tamiya Sea Blue I'm using for my Deathscythe and I now think I may try making a Unicorn Banshee in the future with it. I think it'll look really good very dark blue as opposed to traditional black.

16. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    That ANA airlines 00 Raiser is tempting.

But oh so expensive on secondary markets...

The blue is so purdy.

17. Plastic_nomer

Plastic_nomer Doing the unmentionables

Hey its inspiring though.

I kinda think that should have been 00 REAL paint scheme, since the red feet ruined it all

18. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

Which peg are you referring to? The waist joint, the Silhouette connector, what?

19. Sciron

Sciron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Which part are you talking about? I was working on a MG Destiny Impulse a while back but he got put on the back burner so I can work on my custom gundam. If you're going for the official look, you just need an Impulse Gundam, the backpack of the Destiny, and making some of your own pieces. I've seen others with the Destiny shoulder armor and boomarang blades on it as well.

ZGMF-X56S/θ Destiny Impulse

20. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:

The Silhouette Connector.

I wanna get the HG ANA Gundam, but to get it with middleman would cost 7000 something yen SIGH.