Let's see your Gundams

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by agesthreeandup, Mar 13, 2007.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Were any 30MM kits on display or just Gundam?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Datsun87

Datsun87 Doomed shuttle casualty

Unfortunately it's the opposite - they'll use the face of the franchise to push P-Bandai. All of the life sized Gundams are only available physically at their respective Gundam Bases or through P-Bandai.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall The original Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

News Credits:
    Yeah, they showed off some of the things we already know and had more of the 30 Fantasy and Girls lines on display.

『遊戯王』ラーの翼神竜、『スパロボ』ヒュッケバインボクサー、『マクロス ダイナマイト7』シュトゥルムフォーゲルII(ガムリン機)、『魔神創造伝ワタル』龍神丸などが展示!【第62回静岡ホビーショー(2024)速報レポート】BANDAI SPIRITS②(バンダイスピリッツ) | 電撃ホビーウェブ

Dengeki Hobby has them in the "non-Gunpla" section of their show report.

Not the first time. When the MG Version 3.0 came out, they released an LED, second bazooka, beam lance, and hammer as a P.Bandai set too.

They'll be available through the P.Bandai US store most likely. price wise they don't mark up as badly as other hobby shops will have them listed for, but the $10 shipping fee *before sales tax is the only gouging.

By the way, a small P.Bandai drop is slated for tonight but it's just three reissues we've seen before: MG Exia R3, HG Lighting Zeta "White Unicorn," and HG Second V Gundam.

Also, USA Gundam Store is already posting preorders for some of the reveals and I was right. They've got the RG Akatsuki listed for $78.99 USD. All that chrome.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm in the UK, so only options for me are local importers, and they tend to bump P Bandai prices up a fair bit.

5. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Got Well Soon

News Credits:
    HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES IF THIS GOING TO BREAK?!?!?
    A86C20AE-AD35-4999-ABC3-177B4A83AD88.jpeg

This is my second GTO Local Type because the first one BROKE THE EXACT SAME WAY AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

6. Hadlen_Weltall

News Credits:
    Whoops. Sorry, I dun gouf'd and missed your location on the profile tab. My bad.

OOF***. How long ago did you purchase this kit? You should be able to qualify to contact BlueFin US for a replacement part.
    There should be a Bandai/Bluefin sticker on the box they'll need to see and confirm.

Last edited: May 8, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  7. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Average Core Gundam enjoyer

News Credits:
    The best way to fix something like that (Without just getting another copy of the same kit) would be to pin it.

You can get a hobby-use pin vise drill, drill out the center of the pegs where they broke off, then you can put in a metal pin into the holes you drilled, apply super glue around the pin, and press the parts back together. The pin will give it strength and the super glue will prevent it from coming loose. If you don't have metal pin rods lying around, you can also consider getting some metal paperclips and cut it out to length.

Pin drills aren't too expensive, and it's always a good thing to have a variety of tools in model building (Especially if you're someone who's into customizing your TFs and Gunplas)

Last edited: May 8, 2024
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Datsun87

Yes to all of this but especially the paperclips - most of them actually have a very small plastic wrap so they are much thinner than you would expect. I've never needed to get dedicated pins to fix small HG sized kits or toys because of that.

20240129_111250.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. X-Arachnis

X-Arachnis Well-Known Member

if I may offer a possible option? https://hobbyfrontline.com/ operates from Ireland so while import taxes are a potential issue, it'd make somewhat easier for you to obtain P-Bandai items. as for the taxes, sorry, Brexit bollocked that up for you...:oops: 

10. BethCyra

BethCyra I NEED MP BiG CONVOY (Rumored)

Okay that Wing Zero is freaking adorable, gunna be my first MGSD.

Please let it come out in Wing EW colors in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  11. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Average Core Gundam enjoyer

News Credits:
    Out of all of these most recent Gunpla reveals, the one that I'm interested with the most would actually be this thing:

Best Mechanical Collection 1/144 RX-78-2 Gundam (REVIVAL Ver.)
    • October 2024
    • 1,320 yen (10% tax included)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For anyone who don't know, this is a brand new 1/144 scale RX-78-2 Gundam model which is like "remaking an old vintage figure with modern technology and design elements while keeping it visually and aesthetically identical to said old vintage figure", which is basically "Missing Link, but Gundam".

I do wonder if HasTak's Missing Link line could be an inspiration for Bandai to do their own take on a similar concept, with Bandai pulled a a "Can I copy your homework?" and doing their own Gundam's "Missing Link"?

NGL, I can't wait to get this one as soon as it comes out, and it'll be pretty fun to have this model been displayed alongside my Missing Link Convoy.

• Like Like x 6
  12. Hadlen_Weltall

News Credits:
    This is definitely one of the most nostalgic retro redesigns ever. Now they need to remake the Gouf!!

-
    Last leg of the leg days, and the legs are mostly completed.

I say "mostly" because the hip skirts are supposed to attach to the joint parts at the hip.

9ee94275-9e42-42a0-8243-906ae38c33bb-1_all_45072.jpg

The vents and thruster vanes are painted silver while everything else gets accent lined.

9ee94275-9e42-42a0-8243-906ae38c33bb-1_all_45071.jpg

I let the paint dry while I was feeding cows, I attached the framing when I came back to the ship.

9ee94275-9e42-42a0-8243-906ae38c33bb-1_all_45073.jpg

Now I can stop mistaking the left leg from the right.

9ee94275-9e42-42a0-8243-906ae38c33bb-1_all_45087.jpg

I even hid a little extra silver for the square cutouts on the inside of the legs.

9ee94275-9e42-42a0-8243-906ae38c33bb-1_all_45090.jpg

Next session, I get started on the waist.

• Like Like x 3
  13. CyrDraconis

CyrDraconis Well-Known Member

Welp, just got back from SEED Freedom myself. Since I've never seen Seed or Destiny, I was pretty much there for the mechs and explosions, and it delivered pretty good. Didn't have too much trouble following the plot as presented. And hey, it succeeded at making me want to find kits of some of the designs, so, good on them there.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fr33domgundam

Fr33domgundam Well-Known Member

I also came back from watching SEED Freedom.

As a fan of SEED/Destiny, it was just pure fanservice. Think of _everything_ that they thought you could possibly like/want from SEED/Destiny, and cram it in there.
    There were cool fights and explosions, but also some really cheesy portions.

Overall I had fun though, and that overall makes me happy.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Datsun87

So Mu never came back in Destiny and the entire cast was just tripping balls whenever they saw him? Happy day!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hadlen_Weltall

News Credits:
    Well.... it's a mess of a retcon and fan service.

Muu died during the original broadcast of SEED but comes back in Destiny.
    He went from being a Mobile Armor pilot to piloting the Strike Gundam when Kira gets the Freedom. His original death scene was saving the bridge of the Archangel from a direct blast by the main cannon of the Dominion, Archangel's sister ship by blocking it with the Strike.

Originally they show his helmet and the head of the Strike drifting in space, but they cut out his helmet in the Special Editions (OVA movie trilogy format of the series, and in the HD remaster).
    The series retconned his death since he was a fan favorite character (a trend in the CE) and brought him back as the replacement Char Clone in "SEED Destiny" since Kira permadeath killed La Crescent Roll ( < this was intentional).
    "Destiny" tried to pull a sort of "Zeta" like role reversal for its new characters, where the new main protagonists were the ZAFT pilots on the Minerva (who become Kira's squadmates in "Freedom"), and the Earth Alliance/Blue Cosmos were the main antagonists.
    So they bring Muu back, but brainwashed as "Neo Roanoak" who gets unmasked and brought back to the Archangel when the Earth presumes he was KIA (again). He gets his memories back when he repeats the same stunt that killed him the first time, HOWEVER!!! by the power of literal Plot Armor (Akatsuki Gundam's chrome gold ablative armor), he survives.

... and hence why there will likely be a P.Bandai Shiranui pack for the RG Akatsuki kit.

• Like Like x 2
  17. EatingSand

EatingSand Ghost of Planet X

Now I just need the Raider Gundam to finish the druggie trio

112E917A-9F46-4F26-BDFD-99A9DF6FE8F1.jpeg C2E8A4AD-4E04-4AA0-A131-18987F674259.jpeg E646B221-1AAC-43D5-8BDA-560B1039014B.jpeg IMG_6701.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  18. Datsun87

At that point I'd say it crossed over into fan disservice. Yeah Mu was crazy popular in Seed but what they did in Destiny made no sense. It would be like making a sequel to WitP or Unicorn and bringing back hamburger or best girl as if nothing happened. It ruins the character and screws with the story something fierce.

Either way, I'm sure the kit sales will be fine though. Seed as a whole is probably the best example of the suit designs being so good even the haters buy them in droves. The most toxic Jesus Yamato hater probably rants while having a MG Freedom overlooking the keyboard.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Quickwing

Quickwing Devasia Mentality

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I would never go that far... a high grade in the downstairs display on the bottom shelf maybe, but no goddamn way I'm investing in MG of the f**king Freedom, especially since I'd have to dip for some hip replacements just to feel secure.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Mumbowumbo

Mumbowumbo Longtime lurker, first time poster

I haven’t watched SEED Destiny or even all of SEED, but I never understood why Mu was brought back as Neo Roanoake. This is a character with very close ties to cloning, if he has to be brought back (as a brainwashed version to boot) why not just come up with some clone shenanigan explanation? I guess it’s still kinda lame but I’d prefer that to a complete death retcon. Or *gasp* write a new character :eek: 

• Like Like x 3