Let's see your Gundams

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by agesthreeandup, Mar 13, 2007.

1. MeowHiss

MeowHiss Member

That looks nice. Seeing it puts me in an SD mood. I do have an SDCS Ground Type awaiting assembly...

I wish they'd make an EZ8 and Turn A.

• Like Like x 3
  2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Correct.

Yeah, I don’t normally do regular SDs but something about the Banshee with the slightly larger frame convinced me. It’s cool but also cute and also funny.

• Like Like x 3
  3. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't usually do SD adaptations of normal designs, but I do greatly enjoy the cheap BB Legend figures for their unique reimaginings of classic designs. Plus they make for great paint practice fodder with their intricate ornamentation.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Got Well Soon

News Credits:
    Got my first ever P-Bandai order in today. Straight to the backlog they gooo.
    83EBAC31-4EA6-4D28-96B9-0E8025905E1A.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  5. MeowHiss

MeowHiss Member

I've never been into regular SDs much myself. I purchased the Ground Type a couple of years ago just to see what the SDCS line was like, but have yet to build it.

What I am interested in is some of the Sangoku Soketsuden kits. They look neat. One of these days I'm going to get a few of them.

• Like Like x 3
  6. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Those are the SDs I most collected, though I kind of tapered off when it rebranded to SD World Heroes. They’re really fun little kits with a lot of personality. Seeing how they translate the classic Gundam designs into “characters” was the best part.

• Like Like x 2
  7. DinoLynx

DinoLynx Blast effect hoarder

• Like Like x 4
  8. Datsun87

Datsun87 Doomed shuttle casualty

SDs and Banshees eh?

20230820_090844.jpg

20230925_135816.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  9. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Average Core Gundam enjoyer

News Credits:
    Apparently if anyone got the Collector's Edition of the recently announced Gundam breaker 4 game, this gaudy-looking EG Gunbarrel Strike Gundam with perhaps the most G2-esque colors you could think of, is also included as part of said set...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

.... where can I get one!?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2024
    • Like Like x 7
  10. Datsun87

So about that color scheme...

Screenshot_20240221_200222.jpg

EG right? Feels like a missed opportunity to not house it in one of those cups.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall The original Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

News Credits:
    Finally started doing some serious organizing of accessory parts I have in small containers. These have been cluttering up the shelf space and cabinet so I decided to change that.

20240221_202530.jpg

There's still a few more to go through after I took this picture, and the ones I have in Tupperware trays put away separately such as my Figure-Rise Ultra series.

So I got a $6 tacklebox to start, but this is clearly going to need a bigger case sooner or later.

20240221_202743.jpg

..as for the lack of serious progress on the Red Frames, I'm kind of busy IRL and still getting over a bad head cold.

• Like Like x 4
  12. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not a Gundam, but I recently stumbled across the Tomy Gimix line of Macross kits and snagged the VF-1J. It was a boxed set of the non-transformable Battroid and fighter kits, with parts that let you combine the two for Gerwalk.

They were...an interesting...build. There were quite a few great design choices...and quite a few head scratching ones. The kits are entirely prepainted (and I mean entirely. Nothing you see, canopy aside, is base plastic), which was fine except they also require glue and several times I had some runoff that led to paint being stripped or smudged. There are also some very tiny parts...which required glue.

All in all, they're cool kits and I don't regret getting them, but I also feel no desire to get any more.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  13. ACMagnus

ACMagnus Phantom Thief

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    First build in a while. Huge fan of this kit.
    20240222_094511.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  14. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    • Like Like x 3
  15. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  16. Datsun87

Thanks. So only Goldran and Sorakage are in pristine condition as those were reissues that were used strictly as display when not in storage. If you look closely, Leon Kaiser has a shit ton of wear and tear from years of play as a child. It isn't as noticeable at a glance because of how much chrome is still intact so lighting can hide a good deal of it. Absolutely love that OG DX Leon Kaiser and wouldn't trade him for the world.

The Banshee is a deceptively simple paint job. Only the gold is painted with regular Krylon Metalic Gold Leaf, same stuff you can find just about anywhere that sells spray paint. Throw some 3rd party reflective golden decals on it to really make it pop then seal everything with a flat coat. I've found that the dark navy blue most of the Banshee armor is molded in has 10x more of a glow up with a top coat compared to all of the other gunpla plastic colors for some reason. Makes the RG and MGs look super premium despite minimal effort compared to what anyone with an air brush can do. I don't even panel line my Banshees so it really is a low effort high reward build for me compared to any other Unicorn variant.

20220920_131623.jpg

Also as a side note, putting a "vanilla" Banshee next to a Phenex is what made me decide to go gold decals only for Banshee builds.

20200217_164919.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  17. CyrDraconis

CyrDraconis Well-Known Member

It's hideous and I love it. Why do I feel like the winglets, hand backplates, and ankle armor need to be, like, neon-green? Just to add eye sear.

Finished up Zero's flight pack and accessories, got him hanging out with the rest of the Wing squad now and they look pretty good together. The combining rifles is a nice touch, and they're thin enough that even an off-center handle doesn't look too wonky in-hand (unlike some combining TF guns).

Got one more dumb PG question: obviously these things are loaded with markings. What are the decals - waterslide, dry transfer, stickers, all of the above?

• Like Like x 1
  18. TenScaryMonkeys

TenScaryMonkeys Can You Believe How Great These Pants Look?

It’s all of ‘em, depending on the kit. Big, suit-specific markings are often dry transfer, smaller warning labels and such are usually waterslide or stickers. I’ve found it’s best to get a set of waterslides to have at the ready, because the stickers are thick and ugly, and hard to disguise even under a topcoat.

If you haven’t used it, ´Þ·ÕÀÌÀÇ °ÇÇÃ¶ó ¸®ºä is a tremendous resource (that’s dalong.net - no clue why the link formatted that way). Under each kit, he’s got an “information” tab that shows pictures of every sprue, decal sheet, and instructions. It’s an excellent way to know preemptively which types of decals a given kit will come from, since it varies from suit to suit.

Click “PG” at the very top, and the rest should be easy enough to navigate.

• Like Like x 1
  19. halconfenix

halconfenix Through the fire and the flames

Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    pics please! :D 

• Like Like x 2
  20. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Average Core Gundam enjoyer

News Credits: