Let's see your Gundams

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by agesthreeandup, Mar 13, 2007.

1. cyclopswc

cyclopswc Well-Known Member

Are Robot Spirits 1/144? I'm genuinely asking because they're so expensive, I never got any. How do they look next to a 1/144 kit?

2. X-Arachnis

X-Arachnis Well-Known Member

@YellowCorvette while cool, I personally prefer 1/100 scale so that Solomon Physalis is right up my alley... That said, I'm still in my funk.:( 

3. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Average Core Gundam enjoyer

News Credits:
    With the Ver. ANIME stuffs, size-wise they're very close to 1/144 scale, despite the extremely minimal size discrepancy.

Random pictures I found online, with the Robot Spirits RX-78-2 Ver. ANIME (Left) side-by-side to the HGUC Revive (Right):

[​IMG]

HGUC Revive Guncannon (Left) and Robot Spirits Guncannon Ver. ANIME (Right):

[​IMG]

I keep my Robot Spirits Ver. ANIME figures along with my HGUC kits, and the size differences were so minimal that they can be displayed together without looking too out of place.

• Like Like x 2
  4. cyclopswc

cyclopswc Well-Known Member

Very helpful! Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall The original Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

News Credits:
    Yellow has a more direct comparison of the same mecha to its counterpart kit/figure, but this was the last Robot Spirits figure I got by chance in 2019 when Blue Fin was selling "random assortment" gift boxes,

The GM Cold Climate type is the RS (ANIME ver.) figure, the GM Sniper is the HGUC model.

20191014_224830.jpg

Oh the irony of what's in the background then, and still on the bench right now.

• Like Like x 3
  6. soybean56

soybean56 Well-Known Member

Take right off with that price Gundamit! That's ridiculous. Let's all keep an eye out for other sites that list that beautiful Solomon Physalis for sale.

7. X-Arachnis

X-Arachnis Well-Known Member

To qoute myself and correct myself here, apperantly the image I posted was a fake and I apologise for the incorrect information I gave. Sorry.:oops: 
    FB_IMG_1705592513951.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That doesn't seem too out of line, based on how the kit is shaping up. It's very built-up, with lots of inner frame layers and mechanical gimmicks. Plus of course, chonky.

• Like Like x 2
  9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Yeah the price is high but not terribly unreasonable given the size and complexity.

TBH though KO/bootleg kits costing more than Bandai’s is always weird to me, no matter how intricate.

EDIT: But then I read the comments and apparently the original price was only $38 USD.

Gundamit has been hiking a lot of their prices recently. Also they took three weeks to ship one of my orders.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Unclejoe420

Unclejoe420 Well-Known Member

Once my current main kit shows up, I will finally order a Hg Psycho Zaku from a UK-based site and work on that.. Want to add some more boosters and a shield for it!

11. soybean56

soybean56 Well-Known Member

The price is a vacuum isn't super outlandish, but the original price being 268 Yuan (~$38 USD) is where the ire comes from. It's a spicy meatball even accounting for their mark-up and international shipping.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Unclejoe420

Ooh - just had an idea; some kind of transport vehicle for the add-ons I was thinking of adding to the Exceed Galaxy Gundam! I need to scribble down some ideas!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hadlen_Weltall

News Credits:
    It's definitely priced according to size, complexity, detail, and materials. Diecast parts, a complete and fully articulated skeletal structure, opening panels on EVERYTHING, and the GP02 is a tank so large it's only dwarfed by the Sazabi. I wouldn't expect to see any domestic shops carry it because of how close it resembles the source design even though it's an *original* mold (entirely new, not copied from Bandai's but still an infringement on the property), but if they were to get it, I'd expect them to mark it up to nearly $200USD.

All the more reason Bandai needs to get off their collective aft and make the Version 2.0 "0083" collection.

It's not technically a bootleg, but when it's so close to the original design like this; we can expect another raid like what happened with Dragon Momoko. Funny thing is there were still copies of their Blue Frame Third in circulation long after the majority were confiscated.

There's always the carrier truck and VTOL craft from AMAIM to use as a starting base or any of the 30MM transports.

-
    Mail's here!

20240118_154854.jpg

My first order from "The Gundam Place Store" outside of Atlanta. The price on both kits was the selling point, and availability, but the shipping cost is compounded by State/County Tax and it took well over a week to arrive. Still, cheaper than the gas to go there myself.

NEW MOOBILE REPORT!!

Cold weather brings new calves, and this time is was MS-13-F1 Jegan rolling out her newest model. The sire is Mr Caboose, and the calf's architecture proves it (broad hip, bottle nose). It's a bull calf so expect him to stocker up and ship out when he's of selling age.

20240118_143045.jpg

Meet the MB-X109-F2 "Cannon."

• Like Like x 5
  14. Zetto

Zetto Well-Known Member

Finished snapping up my Eternal Star Glory (MG? Stargazer)
    IMG20240119064815.jpg
    IMG20240119064926.jpg IMG20240119064910.jpg IMG20240119064901.jpg

The Good: Dare I say it's a really good representation of a non-existing MG Stargazer kit. I'm glad the designer didn't go full ham with spikes and details unlike other Chinese Gundam-inspired products. And almost all armor parts are under-gated.

The Bad: Scary tight joints in some parts, especially the shoulders. And the joints for the ab crunch can't hold the forward bend pose due to the weight of the back pack. The provided stand is supposed to solve that but it's only good for standing A-stance poses.

The Ugly: The provided action base connector. I don't trust it one bit for flying poses as it can't hold the entire weight of the kit. I used a modified Fork-shaped connector that comes with the Action base 1/1.5

Nitpick: I wish they gave us the green effect rings like in the OVA instead of the hard-light blades as bonus.

Pardon my potato phone.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Hadlen_Weltall

News Credits:
    Not much today, some parts had to go back into the ultrasonic bath from caked dust, overly thick paint mistakes.. oy.

But the shoulder armor is done on the normal Red.

20240118_234408.jpg

Thin red line between the white and gray, and flaired tips.

20240118_234835.jpg

The actual shoulder covers on as well.

20240118_235924.jpg

Powered Red only got its shoulder joint covers looped into place.

Aside note, looking at the faux pistons on the sides of the abdomen without the covers makes me think it's about time we saw a Real Grade from IBO.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Unclejoe420

I was gonna use something similar as a base, but expand on it (maybe a large delta-wing design? I'm not 100% sure at the mo) so it's a bit larger and can accommodate all the options I'm probably gonna slap onto the Exceed Galaxy.
    IMG_20240119_090429766_MFNR.jpg - this being one of the extra bits I'm gonna use!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Mumbowumbo

Mumbowumbo Longtime lurker, first time poster

Seriously. Hopefully we get more than one new release in that line this year (not including the Spec 2 Force Impulse.)

Speaking of Impulse Gundam, P-Bandai just did a small drop of RG Destiny
    Impulse Gundam and HG Dark Dagger L for anyone interested. I haven’t even watched SEED Destiny but I love purple mobile suits so I’m excited :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  18. Tasuke

Tasuke ♥Konomi Yuzuhara♥

YMMV, the WAVE 1/24 has far classier boxart/graphic design... in an even full-on Classical/Retro sort of way.

how the kits themselves compare, however... that remains to be seen.

Few companies indeed seem capable of even approaching BANDAI's degree
    of sheer refinement in plastic model engineering. That Said;

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
  19. Hadlen_Weltall

News Credits:
    There are some box art that deserves to be framed and this is one of them.

-
    Another episode of "What I'm doing on Red Frame will look just as good on Blue Frame."

20240119_105601.jpg

I redefined the blue line in the gap of the shoulder armor and then painted more around the elbows.

• Like Like x 1
  20. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Purple MS? Reminds me of Denial Gundam from Build Series

• Like Like x 1