Let's see your Gundams

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by agesthreeandup, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Tasuke

Tasuke ♥Konomi Yuzuhara♥

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Lean Mean Angry Machine

News Credits:
    Not a smoker myself but given what I've heard, its possible the last owner of those shelves smoked a few packs a day.

• Like Like x 2
  3. joncbenn

joncbenn Groovy

WIP on tree organizer. This is just the prototype. 65F0467D-518E-4619-A18D-DB1BE2AEEE79.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  4. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    Can we talk about 30 Minute Missions/Sisters here?

5. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 There's a 50 character limit to titles. Now you kn

News Credits:
    i put a bid in for a 1/100 Saturn V. at that scale it'll be 1.1 meters tall fully assembled.
    we have a member talking about his farm cows and another making a model train out of wood paneling, you absolutely could.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    Awesome! Anybody here collect/got any 30MM stuff to show?

EDIT:
    9A096CF3-544D-42B9-A4E8-84224B0DEF34.jpeg

Got this one to serve as a trial run. If I like him, I’ll go all in.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  7. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Just a guy who watched too much Gundam

News Credits:
    IMG_20211122_084340.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  8. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Got started on the Vayate/Mercutius twins yesterday because I need to clear out space and their box is the largest (followed by the Todesritter box but since the Todesritter is a sticker hell that I need to plan the build out for to mitigate, it really wasn't a good choice for a snap build). I thought the V/M were Leo retools this whole time but no, the torsos alone were far, far more involved. The shoulders were also interesting in that they actually made the gray plugs color separated and individually inserted pieces instead of just being cast as part of the actual shoulder bars. Only got the heads, torsos, and arms done within the two hours I had set aside, but I might get the rest done today (sans stickers as I'll be blackwash panel lining them). Just in time for the arrival of the Leo S this Thursday.

20211122_081926.jpg

From Right to left: Yellow Alto w/ Orange CQC Armor, Water Battle Spec Purple Portnova, Blue Alto w/ Sniper Blue Armor

The Water Battle Spec Portnova is a complete purple Portnova with the SCUBA armor so you'll get a full base kit which is strong in its own right. The actual combined stock mode you see here is...okay. I find it a little overdesigned as armor tends to collide with each other, namely those giant shoulder plates, and the three-piece 'claw trident/pile driver' weapon is somewhat awkward as it only comes with one arm adapter clip and really would have benefited from having two so both ends could be equipped as functional armament. Also, the feet suck, I need to get this guy a water base at some point because he's a pain in the ass to stand up.

Of course, there are also alternative forms - I can't for the life of me figure out how you're supposed to undo the joints but I've always wanted to try the alternate form where the propulsion tanks actually are used for gigantic gorilla arms. The C-clip joints allow for this which is really creative.

Also, on those giant propulsion tanks, when tabbing in the bottom vent pieces? MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE THE LONG TABS ARE PARALLEL TO THE BODY. You will bend the tabs if you put the vents in the wrong way and risk eventual breakage.

• Like Like x 3
  9. YellowCorvette

News Credits:
    I'll be honest, this Armored Special Carrier for some reason is the one Kyoukai Senki kit that I actually want the most.

HG 境界戦機 特大型装甲特殊運搬車 レビュー

I didn't watch that anime so I can't comment much, but for some reason, I just love how this kit of a "truck" is both futuristic and generic-looking enough to fit in with any other display that wasn't so specific to Kyoukai Senki.

In a way, I would love to have a few of these, customize them with some random Gundam decals to make as either gigantic truck-like Mobile Suits transporters, or slap on some Autobots emblems to carry some CHUG Autobot carbots, like they're some sort of quick-response carriers transporting random Autobots around.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Whiskey Powered Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

You can thank Ken Okuyama for that.. Just paint it red and slap a Ferrari sticker on it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. YellowCorvette

News Credits:
    That actually sounds like a good start for a red-and-blue Optimus Prime custom.

Transformers X Kyoukai Senki collaborative, featuring Optimus Prime that transforms into this Armored Special Carrier alt-mode when?

• Like Like x 2
  12. Hadlen_Weltall

If you build it, you can post it!

It's like I always say, I built that!!

20211121_153249.jpg

1600lbs of "Hi Daddy!!!"
    -
    Also, I hate decals...

20211121_230548.jpg

I'll post something in the General Model Building thread but after months of delaying the inevitable, I'm sidestepping applying the decals on my latest Porsche commission. Mr Mark Softer makes it easier.

• Like Like x 2
  13. X-Arachnis

X-Arachnis Well-Known Member

Once you finish the waterslides, glosscoat that mofo... Really makes that kind of car pop.:cool: 

• Like Like x 2
  14. Hadlen_Weltall

Very much the plan!

I've been at this most of the day, working my way from the front and down the sides. Mark Softer and Mark Setter are a godsend for rolling them along the curves and especially into the panel lines.

20211122_144649.jpg

This is where things get intricate with overlapping decals. The REPSOL mark on the hood has several other decals that go over it. So I had to let that one finish setting before I lay on the rest.

At the same time I see where I made a mistake. the instruction sheet has one page dedicated to the decals that goes over the back to make up the big orange-white-red logo, telling me to put them on in sequence. However the main markings page for the rest of them only shows every decal in their dedicated places WITHOUT mentioning that they black stripe that runs around the border of the windshield having to go on *BEFORE* the wrapping Brun decal.

Fortunately, I've got a spare sheet for this kit so I can make up for it later. There's another issue I realize now that requires me to finish putting the undercarriage on and setting in four locking pins before setting on the long stripe decals for the sidewalls.

There's another reason why this has been the one commission I've held off on all this time.

• Like Like x 1
  15. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    Okay, I remember when the Breakers line was announced...
    PXL_20211122_204212774.jpg

But I do not remember them announcing a white and gold Deathscythe Hell called Livelance Heaven. I don't know if the kit is any good but the name is god tier.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Hadlen_Weltall

It was always there but information creep happens to all of us.

17. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    I don't think I realized that the suit was a play on the DSH until I saw the poncho gimmick. Have you heard anything about the kit itself?

18. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Yeah, Livelance has been known since the start of the line.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Hadlen_Weltall

A couple of guys here have already built it but a few sample reviews of it exist online. It basically proves that Bandai already has the mold in place for the original Deathscythe Hell.

• Like Like x 2
  20. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well shit...just as I feared, the wrists on Alex 2.0 sheared right off. Fortunately they seem salvageable, but man that's frustrating. Definitely need to sand those balls down before popping the hands in.