Today's limited progress, I attached the sensor parts to the booster shield. Something about it made me look at the preview build on the back cover to the construction manual, and I realized something. Someone at Bandai dun gouf'd. Looking at it now, I see they must have put the parts together in reverse. The manual has you set the clear part first and then slide over the frame-tip. Meanwhile, my continuing trend of one step forward - four steps back happened again. My paint in the verniers turned out badly on the second coat. My red paint recipe is too thick, and even when I thinned it like I normally do, it still globbed up. And the usual dust stuck at the bottom of each cone found its way into the painted walls. So into the ultrasonic bath they went.... along with the face.. AGAIN!! *argh oy...* I am not giving up on this idea. I repainted the face without making the repeated mistake again, and managed to start painting what I need to on the rest of the head. The verniers will have their day another time. As I turned off the work light for the night, I noticed how much the white details *paint and plastic* stand out, and decided one last marathon of painting I need to do on the feet. I've already disassembled the heel parts to start priming.