Let's see your Gundams

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by agesthreeandup, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Shushen

Shushen Well-Known Member

I probably should look into that. I havent been into gundams that long so dont know all the trics.

2. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I really so love how MG kits aren't straight up representations but often are redesigns. I was looking over the line art for the ZAKU Warrior/Phantom and honestly they're dorky as fuck. The MGs five them a noticeable amount of bulk and they look better as a result. The bigger helmet, big back collar, chunkier legs and wider torso...really give it a much more menacing look.

The protruding top "lip" of the helmet helps to give it a much more evil look too.

PXL_20210814_034733957.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  3. areaseven

areaseven Live to Win

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):

• Like Like x 3
  4. Unclejoe420

Unclejoe420 Well-Known Member

Might be able to start work on my HG Seravee-based project - but coming up with a name for it is a right bugger.. i need help! lol

• Like Like x 3
  5. halconfenix

halconfenix Through the fire and the flames

Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    IT'S DONE!
    (and sorry for the mess...)
    IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG

i had fun with this one, being the...

*checks display shelf*

6th Wing Zero Custom that i build (7th to own if i count the RD) but as always there are some pros and cons that i like to point out.

Pros:
    - simple and solid build with interesting gimmicks
    - articulation is pretty cool!

Cons:
    - the internal joints of the chest area that allow for the TBR pose are too tight for my taste so i might have to improvise at some point
    - i cant trust the ball joints in the wing pylons, as of right now those hold extremely well but if someday i come back to make photocomics those joints are going to wear off real quick with all the heavy posing
    - while i do like the versatility of the foldable rifles (and how little they weight), i hate that they are so damn delicate, and that's not counting the fact that you have to be VERY precise when mounting them to the hands due to the extra pegs so the rifles can be secured in place...

overall i love this thing but i have to take make sure it's useable instead of being a pretty display piece.

speaking of pretty... this is the first kit i have where i didn't use any stickers and painted all the key parts instead... but that was because i had no other choice!

why?

because when opening the box and checking the parts i threw the bags away with the little sticker sheet still inside and i didnt realize until it was too late... Orz...

• Like Like x 6
  6. CyrDraconis

CyrDraconis Well-Known Member

On the other hand, if you don't care to complete the BAF, at least it's an extra weapon or fodder for debris/terrain/battle damage. Hopefully the price doesn't get jacked up too much.

7. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any theme you had in mind? Or at least a colour scheme?

The 00 Gundams were largely named for heavenly virtues and the angelic heirarchy, so you can use that as a jumping off point and see if you can find something that ties all your ideas together.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Quickwing

Quickwing Devasia Mentality

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    the BAF is a Zaku though... a standard green "troop builder" Zaku. Why make the one figure most collectors would probably want multiples of the one that you have buy a whole set to complete just 1?

• Like Like x 1
  9. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Average Core Gundam enjoyer

News Credits:
    MG Core Gundam/Core Gundam II when?

IMG_20210816_101352.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  10. matrixprime

matrixprime Just a guy who likes toys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    As much as that would be awesome I lean more towards never. Shame…

11. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Average Core Gundam enjoyer

News Credits:
    Even if Build Divers wasn't the most well-received show, I still find it bizarre that the only Build Divers MG is the Age II Magnum, without the 00 Diver ACE or 00 Sky (Both of which could've been moderate retools of the pre-existing MG 00 Gundams, and we know how Bandai loves milking the MG 00 kits) to go with it.

I do get that the MG AGE 2 Magnum didn't sell all that well, so I doubt we’ll see any MGs from the Build series (At least, for a while), which kinda sucks cause there are still some other designs from those series that can make for pretty cool MGs without needing much R&D cost. One of which is Kazami's Justice Knight from RE:Rise, which could've been an easy retool/remold of the pre-existing MG Infinite Justice (Which was already a pretty solid MG even for its age, to begin with) with new colors.

12. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    That actually makes sense. I always thought Gundam Cherudim was named because it was a ranged unit and so the namesake was Cherubs.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall The original Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

News Credits:
    Technically, the Magnum is the only Master Grade released at mass retail.
    Meanwhile Bandai made Exclusives of the PolyPodBall, Gundam Stormbringer, GM Turbulence, Hyaku Shiki Crash/Raise Cane, and the Qubeley Damned/Embellir. That's seven (made from four retooled kits) Master Grades from its Side Story light/photo novel.

Even so, the lost time and wasted potential for a wide number of kits based on the Master Grade molds that exist for Divers to exploit.
    To be fair, it we can't have a Master Grade Tryon 3 then nobody needs Reek(u)'s 00 Spam.

Oy, if not for how these Gundams themselves look like cheaply made MSIA knocks off, this Build-a-Zeke is like someone at Bandai saw what Hasbro does for Marvel Legends and said, "do it wrong." It is as if they have no confidence in Zakus for the demographic. Or it's just a bad faith decision to inspire cobbling these figures together into Not Quite Zaku partial kitbashes..

One of us... one of us... one of us...

-
    20210815_161950.jpg

I've been working on a couple of other things this weekend, so here's a picture of the MS-04X-F2 from this afternoon. She had a growth spurt so she's somewhere bigger than 1:3 scale now.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Unclejoe420

Unclejoe420 Well-Known Member

I'll be using the Seravee Scheherazade as a base, so I was originally gonna call it Arabian Knight - but I'm keeping my options open!

15. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    MG Enhanced ZZ Ver Ka complete. I went with the enhanced version because it looks mean AF, however I feel the Enhanced parts affects the articulation of the base kit and maybe i should have gone vanilla ZZ. For posing I had to cheat by unplugging the backpack to make sure the shoulders had enough clearance. Otherwise the shoulders cant rotate forward at all. I am not 100% happy with the end result of this build. There were a few messed up decals and and a couple of paint scratches.

Some pic spam, rest are in my flickr.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 17
  16. tekering

tekering The Ref

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    There you go again, dude, making the rest of us look like rank amateurs. :oops: 

• Like Like x 2
  17. Blurrz

Blurrz You're Breathtaking!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Shipped my FM Calamity from H L J and will now commence a viking funeral for that site. Tired of getting spammed emails of "you should ship now please" when I know they've got a 60 day warehouse policy. Doesn't help that shipping to Canada is awful right now, and that their portal has gone to shit ever since they've made their change a few years ago (wiped out all previous historical orders, really?).

• Like Like x 2
  18. Matrix Quest

Matrix Quest Can't Escape from the 1:60 Scale Diaclone World

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Hello, I scanned the thread, but apologies if I overlooked it...

Anyone know where I can find true 1:60 scale human figures to use in displays?

I believe PG kits are 1:60 so was hoping the thread could help. Thanks in advance.

19. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall The original Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

News Credits:
    Scalehobbyist.com: Figures

What they show isn't exactly 1:60 scale but they've got some.

20. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Its a real shame to hear HLJ's site is just garbage these days. They used to be my only source of japanese stuff a decade ago.

• Like Like x 2