Let's see your Gundams

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by agesthreeandup, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    So, new P-Bandai releases went up.

- MG Age-2 Gundam Normal SP ver.
    - HG Meteor Unit
    - RG Phenex Narrative Version [Holy Shit look at all this gold plating version]
    - HG Origin Desert Zaku Double Antenna ver.
    - MG F90 Mission Pack W
    - HG Baund Doc (Gates Capa custom)
    - HG Gundam F90 Vital Unit 1 and Vital Unit 2

Admittedly, I want the Desert Zaku but honestly I think I'm hitting saturation point as while I'd love another P-Bandai Zaku variant, I've spent so damn much this month that I'm going to let this one ride. I have the mother of all train shows on the 14th, so after that if it's still up, I'll grab it. No big deal if I miss out on this one, otherwise.

PlanckEpoch, I need to vicariously live though you.

Take the closest thing you have to a character from Super Smash Brothers and have it fight the two Dictius MS in hand mode.

I WANT MECHA MASTER HAND AND CRAZY HAND GODDAMNIT!

2. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Whiskey Powered Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

That's pretty much everything left of the kits that went up for order this week. The ones that sold out fast from the line up are the MG Gundam X Unit 3 (bought), MG Shin Matsunaga Custom Zaku II Mobility Type (bought for a friend), and MG Tallgeese Flugal (bought and crashed P.B US website).

EDIT! Dengeki Hobby has a full preview of the next P.Bandai Exclusives for Gundam 00.

『ガンダム00』最終決戦仕様のガンダムサバーニャとハルートがHGガンプラ化!増設されたGNホルスタービットやGNライフルビットII、脚部大型ブースターやGNシザービットをチェック
    HG Gundams Harute and Zabanya Final Battle Spec.

Zabanya with individual Shield/Rifle Bits.

[​IMG]

It's a bit deceptive but the breakdown is six Rifle Bits with six corresponding Shield Bits they holster into, and four pair of fixed shield bits.

Harute has its large GN Booster pods for its legs and two Scissor Bits, with the added face for its "Marute" mode.

[​IMG]

Despite showing both Gundams suspended on display bases in the preview, neither of them come with an action base.

This is my speculation, but it could very well bookend with a reissue of the Real Grades 00Q Trans-Am and Full Saber.
    But place your bets they will at some point have a Raphael with a proper transformable Gundam Seravee II attached to it.

They also have a full preview for the Maneuver Striker Pack for the Eclipse Gundam.
    マニューバストライカー単独で戦闘機形態に変形!『ガンダムSEED ECLIPSE』のガンプラ「MG エクリプスガンダム用 マニューバストライカーパック」が登場!

[​IMG]

This reminds me of the Xenogears for some reason.

The nice thing is it includes that improved variant Action Base 1 display base.

[​IMG]

The Eclipse and Hi-Nu are now two upcoming kits with incredible P.B expansion sets that have been revealed before both kits hit retail.

-
    A quick follow up to yesterday's repair work of blood, rust, and sweat... it failed.

20210725_110701.jpg

First crank of the PTO, and the timing was thrown completely off. You can't miss how the basket arms got bent, again, and how quickly the unblemished powder coat on the pick up teeth was stripped in an instant. The PTO wasn't even up to its proper speed yet.
    So we had to take the basket arms off the hub and run the Tedder with just three baskets. It still got the job on the field done, but this means more time on my back porch (a concrete slap) to try and disassemble this section of the Tedder to get to the pinion gear, bearing, and key once this cut is done.
    ....F***!

-
    Anyhoo... actual work accomplished on the Nu tonight. Silver and gold touch ups all around on the torso and arms.

20210725_234946.jpg

After I took this picture, I took the collar plate apart so I could prime and paint the ring around where the neck will seat.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  3. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    ...Task accepted! Expect something tomorrow. Only problem with the Dictus is that NONE of the current Bandai stands can really hold the MA mode well LOL. I'll rig something up to keep them in the air.

• Like Like x 2
  4. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Awaiting Legacy Armada Side-Swipe to be a thing

News Credits:
    The P-Bandai Launcher and Sword Striker (For MG Aile Strike Ver. RM) has finally arrived at my doorsteps in perfect condition, 2 weeks since I've ordered one from Taobao. :D 

IMG_20210726_165716.jpg

This packaging is your usual P-Bandai expansion set flair, featuring mostly one-tone colors. This time around, the box-art features the Perfect Strike blasting its "Agni" Beam cannon towards some unseen enemies, with the Buster Gundam providing some support-fire at its side (just like that episode in SEED where the Archangel joined the effort of defending Orb from some pesky OMNI Enforcer forces, with Shinn Asuka and his family having a cameo for some reason)

IMG_20210726_170651.jpg

Content-wise, this expansion set includes 1 instruction manual, 8 runners' worth of parts, 1 wire of medium length, and 1 sheet of waterslide decals (As usual for P-Bandai MGs).

• Like Like x 3
  5. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Stuff like this is what Bandai needs to reprint.

• Like Like x 2
  6. YellowCorvette

News Credits:
    NGL, I would actually rather if Bandai chooses to reprint the old MG Sword/Launcher Strike Gundam (Which has the exact same Sword/Launcher Striker packs used in the P-Bandai expansion) more often, as I do think it's the most optimal, cheapest way of getting the Perfect Strike fully assembled (As well as having an additional Strike for potential future builds).

[​IMG]

The Sword/Launcher pack in the P-Bandai expansion uses the exact same mold in the old MG Sword/Launcher Strike from 2008, but it would cost nearly as much as the MG Launcher & Strike Gundam itself. If someone already had the old MG Sword/Launcher Strike, there's no need to pick up the P-Bandai expansion at all.

• Like Like x 1
  7. areaseven

areaseven Live to Win

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Hadlen_Weltall

I've been working on the hay fields from 9AM to 9PM and anything that could go wrong tried... and I get to finish the rest of it tomorrow. I'm tired but I'm not falling asleep at the workbench without finishing what I left off on last night.

20210726_231056.jpg
    Some minor spillage to fix of course but I wanted to get the collar plate painted.

• Like Like x 1
  9. areaseven

areaseven Live to Win

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:

• Like Like x 2
  10. YellowCorvette

News Credits:
    With the arrival of the Sword/Launcher Striker packs, now time to get some building done. starting with assembling the Launcher Striker Pack (As suggested by the instructions, which coincidentally was also the Striker Pack used by the Strike Gundam in the anime)

IMG_20210727_130022.jpg

The "Agni" beam cannon has reasonable parts counts for its size, but just by building this cannon... this thing does have quite a bit of nasty seamlines and questionable nub placement on a few parts. Some of these nasty seam lines aren't all that visible once fully assembled but to make this "Agni" Beam cannon look as good as possible, some plastic cement and sanding sticks may be required to remove the nasty seam lines.

Simultaneously, I've also added a few splashed of gold paint on both the "Agni" and backpack, just to break up all of the seas of grey and greens.

IMG_20210727_120949.jpg

The Combo Weapon Pod also needs some work, mainly painting the tip of the wings with yellow paint and masking tapes; as both of the wings are cast in green plastic. There are color-correcting foil stickers that kinda rectify the lack of yellow trim, but they look "eh" and didn't cover the entire wingtip (When in any other iteration of the Launcher Striker packs, the wingtips are in yellow like the red trim on the Aile Striker's wings), so I just say' f**K it" and painted them.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  11. areaseven

areaseven Live to Win

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Shushen

Shushen Well-Known Member

Done with my Gouf today.

Gouf.jpg

Solid boy. That Zaku II ver2 frame is really good for something so old, they got a lot of milage from it. Limbs was maybe a bit looser than the moderns I built lately so I tightened the leg joints a bit. I can see why they keep reprinting this and the Zakus instead of making a 3.0.

On the other hand I did have a look at the HG origins models and its amazing what you can do with just a couple of panel lines extra. Too bad only one origin set has been made in MG.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Fr33domgundam

Fr33domgundam Well-Known Member

What a pleasure this MG F90II kit is to even disassemble.

[​IMG]

I think I'll be working differently this time.
    I usually work on inner-frame parts before working on the armor parts. Gonna do the reverse this time.

Problem with this kit is that I while already know the color scheme I'm going for on the armor parts, I haven't decided how I'm going to deal with the inner-frame yet. One shade of gunmetal? Two shades of gunmetal based on the existing runner-colors separation? Just do whatever I want? Who knows!

• Like Like x 2
  14. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I stopped pre-building because I always ended up breaking something :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  15. Fr33domgundam

Fr33domgundam Well-Known Member

Hahaha! I've been generally pretty good recently, but not gonna lie, I've definitely broken stuff in the past while pre-building.

I think the last time was on the MG TV Wing; broke the upper-chest piece because of the stupid way it was molded (blue sharpie used to mark out where I needed to cut away to fix it):
    [​IMG]

Managed to fix it without any issues (and also shortening the peg):
    [​IMG]

The F90II was 99% easy. The only really tough part was getting the V-fin off of the forehead; the fins are very thin and I was paranoid about breaking it. Took it slowly and it worked out just fine. :D 

16. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Essentially, it's the original kit, plus four extra full rifle/holster combos. Shame they couldn't provide the parts for the extra rifles, plus a frame mount to display the "honeycomb of death" attack. Also assuming there's no extra parts to display the Gundam in "hatch open" mode, despite that also being a possible feature of the kit, with the easily removable kneecaps (don't remember if the ankle plates were as easily detached) and the molded cameras under the green shoulder segments.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hadlen_Weltall

According to the dengeki article it's just the two kits with their dedicated add-on parts. No bases or even that "effects" stand either.

It's safe to assume the two kits are relatively unchanged from their initial releases,, save for how the additional Shield bits are suspended over Zabanya's shoulders, and Harute's new "Marute Mode" face.

18. Junkmech

Junkmech Mouthplate Enthusiast

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Taking a page from @Hadlen_Weltall, I decided to make some larger batches of custom paint for a full project I'm working on. These are "construction yellow" and "jumpsuit blue."
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  19. tekering

tekering The Ref

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    It's my favorite of all the various Zaku II iterations, because of its combination of classic '70s silhouette and modern articulation... but once painted, panel-lined and assembled, Char's just looked too "toyetic" for me.
    So, using The Origin as marking reference, I started applying waterslide decals for detail:

too plain?.jpg

...and after hours of work, I'm starting to lose perspective. :oops: 

perspective.jpg

Is this enough?

Zaky Got Back.jpg

Is it too much?

upskirt.jpg

I seriously can't even tell any more... :confused: 

boomstick.jpg

What do you guys think? o_O 

• Like Like x 7
  20. YellowCorvette

News Credits:
    With both the "Schwert Gewehr" anti-ship sword and "Agni" beam cannon now fully assembled, I figure might as well try out some of the waterslide decals, and... I can't say I'm having much fun applying these waterslide decals. (I even accidentally wrecked some of the decals, when adjusting them in place

IMG_20210728_091828.jpg

They do look good and adds to the weapon's overall look once the decals want to stay in place (for god's sake), however.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 3