Let's see your Gundams

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by agesthreeandup, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Whiskey Powered Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

When I saw the first sample builds of this kit, I said it really has that classic "Okawara Look" like it's lifted straight off the page.

[​IMG]

Pose the rest of the kit like that and you'll see it!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Fr33domgundam

Fr33domgundam Well-Known Member

It does! In particular the face.
    My personal issue is that I'm not the biggest fan of the "Okawara look"; I love the design of the F90/F90II, but was originally hoping for a more modernized update like they did for the F90's head:
    The F90II looks almost exactly like Okawara's art, while I find the F90 has an updated stockier/angrier look:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  3. Shushen

Shushen Well-Known Member

Speaking of modernized..

I am back from a visit at my folks and built this guy.
    Zeong.jpg

My first deviation from MGs ro RG, and in short its damn awesome. The details, the layering the color separation is off the charts. I had heard the RGs had gone from a bit meh in the start to massive improvements, but this is way better than I had belived.

Its just so impressive how they took a kind of hookey old designe and gave it real presence. And I just love how its proportions and and articulation is just perfect for making overly dramatic poses.

Wry.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  4. avc-prime

avc-prime Well-Known Member

I agree, you should also look into the RG Sazabi. It feels like mini MG kit, that doesn't suffer from physics.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fr33domgundam

Fr33domgundam Well-Known Member

And base F90II has been snap-fitted.
    What a nice build; just about everything is a pleasure to build on this kit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Love the shield design; it's one of my favorites in all of the Gundam universes.

I'm actually WAY ahead of my friend's F90 progress, but I'll still snap-fit the I-Type pack, and I have a few personal things that'll keep me away from Gunpla until Sunday.
    So it'll give him a chance to catch up. :D 

• Like Like x 5
  6. Megablah

Megablah Likes Universe Galvatron but dislikes TR Galvatron Veteran

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Gabriel Contreras

Gabriel Contreras After 5 years of lurking I finally made an account

News Credits:
    Man the least they could do is reissue the F90[II] in the US if they’re going to solicit the packs :( 

8. Hadlen_Weltall

Mission Pack W Mission Pack W Mission Pack W MINEMINEMINEMINEMINE!!!!

and a Reissue of the Shin Matsunaga MG Custom 2.0.. spoiler alert, it's a double shoulder spike instead of the standard Zeke shield.

That's actually something I'm picking up for a friend IRL tonight.

*I'm taking a few orders for some friends tonight so:

3slf3o.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  9. Gabriel Contreras

News Credits:
    Holy shit flugel sold out already!

edit: it’s back up gogogogogo

edit 2: it’s going in and out of stock just keep refreshing!!

edit 3: it’s out of stock and delisted on the hobby home page.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
  10. Hadlen_Weltall

It's their site having problems, but it is the item crashing the whole page. trust me, I just went through it for 15 minutes.

Picked up the F90 Mission Pack W, Shin's Zaku for a friend, and the Flugal. Also, because I've been looking for a Gundam X for a while, I grabbed the X Unit 3.

11. matrixprime

matrixprime Just a guy who likes toys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damn, came back from dinner late and missed the Fluegel. Ah well aftermarket prices it is I guess.

12. Gabriel Contreras

News Credits:
    That’s true but everyone and their mother wants the Flugel right now and the SHF Androids went up for preorder so 2 different webshops were being bombarded around the same time.

Managed to get Flugel, Jesta, and X Unit 03 but I passed up on the Shin Zaku and I was hoping to get it sometime later but it seems to have sold out so big bummer…

• Like Like x 1
  13. Megablah

Megablah Likes Universe Galvatron but dislikes TR Galvatron Veteran

News Credits:
    It's official, the site is having issues according to Bluefin. They posted a "Keep trying" message for people wanting to get the Fluegel:

"We know it's frustrating but please keep refreshing your page. The Tallgeese will say out of stock but if you refresh it will pop back in stock. Click pre-order then refresh again and it will be in your cart. Some folks are having better luck on their mobile devices vs a PC."

https://twitter.com/BluefinBrands/status/1417662211720290306?s=01

14. Gabriel Contreras

News Credits:
    It’s officially Out of Stock

15. matrixprime

matrixprime Just a guy who likes toys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is some utter bullshit. I refreshed and refreshed and refreshed and it never gave me the option to put it in the cart. P-Bandai needs to fix this shit.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hadlen_Weltall

The site kicked me out TWICE wiping out my cart each time, I had to open a second browser window *I was doing this entirely on my tablet* but I managed to get lucky on getting my order to process properly....

that is AFTER...

I got stuck in the lag/refresh/try again delay at the final stage of the checkout process. It took me ten minutes to get through the Paypal loop.

If anything, this kind of traffic for the Flugal is definitely going to guarantee it gets a second issue. Still, with this kind of demand, it's still more of the P.Bandai Bulls*** F***ery of making kits everyone wants exclusive.

Aside from not knowing it was going up for order, I wasn't planning on getting the Zaku either. However, I promised my friend nearly two years ago I'd help him track down a Shin Matsunaga Custom, whether it was the original kit or the MSV-R type.
    *The long story short is a few years ago, he bought the original Shin Zaku 2.0 between moving to Augusta but never built it, and the moving crew crushed the boxes he had his backlog of kits in. Some things were spared but the Zaku was a total loss.

This turned out to be the one I could get the cheapest, same as getting the Gundam X-Unit 3. The regular Gundam X is out of stock almost everywhere, and finding one is impossible or expensive. So $49 USD is tolerable.... Also, it gives you the original X parts that it swaps out for cobalt blue ones.

EDIT:

Spits and giggles, I just logged back into the P.B Store and it looks like the Shin Zaku 2.0 is SOLD OUT as well. Yeah, with the drought of Master Grade (kits in general) Zaku 2.0 kits... no surprise.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Gabriel Contreras

News Credits:
    Yeah that’s why I got the X 03. Somehow I miraculously managed to get a preorder in for a jp reissue of the MG Double X whether or not they’ll do a regular X reissue I don’t know so I didn’t hesitate to get this over the Zaku. Whether that was the right call or not, who can say…

• Like Like x 1
  18. tekering

tekering The Ref

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    • Like Like x 3
  19. Hadlen_Weltall

I won't lie, I completely forgot this existed.
    -
    The arms are between touch ups and prime/patch paint repairs, so I'm jumping ahead to the torso. This time, accent wash first so my green glass lines are started as I'm trimming and sanding the nub marks and flashing.

20210720_120114.jpg

I had already spot checked a few areas with gold paint, but I came back over everything with primer to cover for both my metallic colors.

20210720_143924.jpg

I'm not in a rush tonight to get both overlapping colors painted tonight, so I just began my gold layer. Some areas will need a second coat before the silver goes on.

20210720_225319.jpg
    Sloppy edges are routine. The rotator joints and spine are suspended on clips so that is why they're not in the picture.

According to the manual, this will be one of the areas that would require the midsection armor be mounted before rigging the chest section. I will do a loose assembly so I can finish the bare skeletal frame without any of the armor.

• Like Like x 2
  20. InfinityKitten

InfinityKitten Well-Known Member

In other totally Gunpla related news:
    This Kirbo hella cute. PXL_20210710_192200704.jpg PXL_20210710_192523973.jpg PXL_20210710_193018056.jpg

• Like Like x 10