Let's see your Gundams

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by agesthreeandup, Mar 13, 2007.

1. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    It's been a while got a cheap starter kit. Will probably do a higher grade unicorn next. Need to clean up the mask a little not done yet.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  2. Kotori Sonoda

Kotori Sonoda Mihono Bourbon's hero

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    "I'll become a funnel!"

IMG_20210709_094630.jpg IMG_20210709_094557.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  3. Gabriel Contreras

Gabriel Contreras After 5 years of lurking I finally made an account

News Credits:
    Oh wow they didn’t even hesitate
    4658C8EF-5F90-4306-81EE-ED89FBD7BC82.png

• Like Like x 4
  4. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Whiskey Powered Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

Mine. Mine. Mine...

Oh.. Frell... YES!!!
    ..and here I thought they'd do a retooled HWS Armor.

So, MG Dynames High Altitude Sniper Cannon.... WHEN???!

-
    All the more reason to get the original Nu finished. .. in Clear form for now.
    Painting the sides of the Fin Funnels today and also getting into the assembly work. I filled in the vent details in gold and my metallic gray mix. Fitting the center components together and giving it the same treatment.

20210708_141718.jpg

As planned, I'm using my green wash to fill in the details of the gold and clear white parts. It works inside the borders of my silver painted areas.

20210708_220410.jpg

Then I got to fitting the tabs for docking the Fins together and laying on the top panels.

20210709_010017.jpg

Don't be fooled by the arrangement they aren't locked together yet since I was fitting the opposite panels on too.

20210709_010443.jpg

While they may be fully built, I'm not finished painting the long rail on the back sides of the main panels.

20210709_010716.jpg

Honestly, I am looking forward to doing this again 12 more times. So far these are my favorite rendition of the Fin Funnels. With the Clear verion though, I can't paint them as I plan on doing for their opaque counterparts.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Fr33domgundam

Fr33domgundam Well-Known Member

You are a crazy man.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Whiskey Powered Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

Evergreen statement.

• Like Like x 6
  7. wilcosu35

wilcosu35 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    I do understand his sentiment a bit though, in that i'm looking forward to Bandai making new MG's using the Gundam Frame from Barbatos.

• Like Like x 4
  8. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Gundam & Micron Densetsu Enthusiast

News Credits:
    *Yzak Joule yelling "SUTORAIKU!!!!" intensifies*

IMG_20210709_211514.jpg

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  9. X-Arachnis

X-Arachnis Well-Known Member

Y'know ... The Barbatos is what... Two years old now? And we have YET to see anything else using it's innerframe, despite Gusion/Gusion Rebake, Bael, Flauros and Vidar existing... Heck... There's not even a Lupus or Lupus Rex using the MG frame.

• Like Like x 4
  10. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Haven't finished the Providence photoshoot because in all honesty its a pain to work with this big ass beam rifle and arm shield saber gun thing. However I can get started with some pics of the accessories :) 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  11. wilcosu35

wilcosu35 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    That's correct. I must note though that since the covid crisis kicked off in earnest, Bandai has drastically reduced their output of regular release MG's. 2019 saw 7 new MG's, Barbatos being the last one, while 2020 had 3 and 2021 looks to be the same. The amount of P-Bandai MG's has remained relatively stable, but these are mostly parts and colour variations of kits that saw an earlier regular release.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Shushen

Shushen Well-Known Member

I have been recovering from yesterdays migraine today, but i finished up the Zaku phantom I started earlier the week with some panel lining and decals.

Blaze.jpg

Still feeling a bit crap so probably could have been better.

Think I will build a flight stand for this one. Backpack makes him a bit prone to falling over backwards with regular poses.

Funnily This Zaku is the first gunpla I ordered. I preordered it back in January. Then the preorder got delayed and then I let it sit in private warehouse to wait for a few more item, then they got delayed. Then the shipment took longer than expected. So I only got it last week and in the meantime I have built 12 other MGs! And hoarded a good backlog to keep me busy as well.

Starting my vacation with a visit my parents next week, so the backlog will get a bit of rest for a while.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 There's a 50 character limit to titles. Now you kn

News Credits:
    I still need to panel line all 30 of mine[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  14. Fr33domgundam

Fr33domgundam Well-Known Member

You people are insane.
    I already hate working on the SECOND arm/leg after finishing up the first. :D 

In all seriousness though, I'm mostly ok with the prime/paint/panel-line/decal portion of repetitive parts.
    I just hate the whole remove-from-runner-and-sand/polish/buff-nubs portion.

• Like Like x 2
  15. X-Arachnis

X-Arachnis Well-Known Member

And yet... The younger Zaku Warrior frame has already gotten five variations AND the GINN out of it. Bit of an odd one aint it?

• Like Like x 1
  16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    An MG Gusion Rebake and Vidar are sorely overdue.

Also, while not model-related, I’m genuinely surprised we got a Metal Spirits Wing Zero TV and not the EW version. Honestly I’m sorely tempted, it looks incredible, and I heard the Lupus Rex and Vidar were very high quality.

• Like Like x 2
  17. deruberhanyok

deruberhanyok Likes the G2 neon lights

Having not seen the show and not having a lot of time to follow anime like I once did, I have to wonder - was IBO very popular? As in, has it continued to be popular after it finished airing or has it largely faded from view?

If not, maybe the reason there haven’t been reuses is because of that. Whereas SEED and 00 and Build etc seem to be especially well received.

Of course, I liked F91 and Turn A and G-Reco, so I’m a bit of an odd duck when it comes to what’s popular anyways.

18. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    Now everybody will now I build giant robots.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And yes, there's a chunk vaguely the shape of Australia missing next to the N, I'm going to email the company about it. However, it's minor in the bigger picture and if anything it makes it look a little more legitimate with the imperfection.

I don't think it was as popular as say, Gundam 00 or SEED. The second half of the second season certainly didn't help given what a nosedive the plot took.

At the same time, Bandai absolutely seems to think After War Gundam X is the red headed stepchild of the franchise (G-Savior is that bastard child they pretend isn't part of the family) given how almost pained it is when Bandai actually makes anything related to that series.

• Like Like x 6
  19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    It's certainly not unpopular. It still has a lot of fans, though the series itself is divisive, the mecha designs are still highly regarded. I still see IBO customs everywhere, and the Barbatos and its forms are still some of the most popular Gundam variants. It even got two Metal Robot Spirits releases back-to-back. I don't see the rampant runaway success of SEED or Wing, nor the evergreen reputation of UC, but it's fondly regarded from what I observe in communities both Western and Japanese.

I think IBO's hurdle in terms of kit releases is that it came out at a time where model kits were already high quality. The original HG IBO line is still very close to modern standards, and while it never had concurrent MGs, the 1/100 NG line had several releases that were pretty damn good. I think it just hasn't been "long enough" in Bandai's eyes, and then add the fact that IBO designs aren't especially traditional.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  20. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus has been found dead in Miami

Anyone have experience with Mission Models acrylic paint? Been looking for another brand to expand out of Tamiya's color limits and their selection caught my eye, particularly the iridescents.

[​IMG] [​IMG]